How do I?


This area is intended to provide information to members and clubs on the things they commonly need to do to participate in CASC-OR activities.

It has been created in response to frequently asked questions by members, and will be enhanced as new questions come up or new features are added to the website.

Please send feedback to and about things you would like added to this page!

Join or renew membership in a CASC-OR club?


The first step in participating in CASC-OR is to join an affiliated club. There are nearly 30 clubs that are affiliated to CASC-OR.

For most CASC-OR competition activities you must hold a licence (autoslalom being the exception), and to hold a licence you must first be a member of a CASC-OR club.

Clubs may be specialized, like a club in a particular area, a club of race workers or a club focused on a particular make of car. They may also be generalized, organizing different types of events and catering to a wide spectrum of motorsports enthusiasts.

The clubs are listed on the clubs page and there are links from there to provide more information about each club, in many cases including links to the club's own website.

There are two ways to join a club or renew your club membership

Apply for/renew my CASC-OR Competition Licence?


For the various forms of CASC-OR authorized or sanctioned competition, you are often required to hold a CASC-OR Competition Licence as described in this page.

Club Events (e.g. fun runs, autoslaloms, lapping days) usually do NOT require a licence. If a club organizes a race or time attack event as a club event, licencing will be required as it is for provincial championship events in those divisions.

Any licence level of "C" or higher will require successful completion of some form of training to be issued (in some cases you may be able to participate in events while the training is completed).

To hold a licence, you must meet several requirements;

In order to hold a "B" or an "A" licence, you must also submit a medical examination form completed and signed by a physician once when you first apply, then at regular intervals depending on your age.

In 2013, an annual waiver program is being implemented where a "B", "A", or Officials licence holder can sign and submit ONE waiver to the CASC-OR office along with uploading a photograph to their member record on the CASC-OR website. Then, on receipt of a Photo Licence, the holder needs only to show the licence to gain access to events and does NOT need to execute a waiver each time they attend an event.

For those who need to complete them, the medical examination form and annual waiver are included in the licence application package available on this website.