PDA

View Full Version : cross posting

Logan
02-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Is there a better way to post important information or request the assistance of volunteers instead of posting the same thread in many divisions of the forum?
I've got to think that duplicate threads with the same content are harder to maintain as well.
I don't have a suggestion, because I don't know how the bulletin board software works, so please consider this a comment!

ScotcH
02-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Lol ... I was about to flame Nick for cross-posting in all the forums :) Really, there should be an announcment feature that pops up or something when you first visit the site after a new announcment is posted.

Nothing more annoying than cross-posting!

Nick Majors
02-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I agree with you guys !!!

Unfortunately I have learned over the years that some (maybe many) members have bookmarks directly to their discipline forum and rarely venture outside.

I don't have much to suggest, other than saying - I try not to do it very often and only when I think the benefits outweighs the aggravation.

Sorry - but getting volunteers in NEVER easy around here and usually needs lot's of visibility and bumping to keep in the forefront. (At least I got your attention.) :o

In future, we'll see if we can find a better method.

(Thanks for your comments - and YES - the updating is a pain)

pigeon
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
As an admin, can't you send a mass email out to everyone?
That would get the msg out to everyone, even to the not so active forum members :)