PDA

View Full Version : Video - BEMC Sept. 14 - Mobil 1 GT Sprints #130

gkierst
09-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Sunday Morning (http://www.gtfab.com/g/Greg_BEMC_SundayMorning.wmv)

Sunday Afternoon (http://www.gtfab.com/g/Greg_BEMC_SundayAfternoon.wmv)

Well, not the way I had hoped to wrap up an otherwise great first season but here it is. As they say, the spin begins where talent ends. Thanks to Andrew for finding me in the paddock, and especially for nosing your car into the tire wall at the last minute. The contact between our cars was fairly light, and certainly much less than it could have been.

The car cut out in the afternoon race when the negative battery cable came off. This was a side-effect of our fix to a failed alternator in the enduro. We swapped batteries, but didn't realize that the negative post was too small for the cable clamp to get hold on when fully tightened. Thanks to everyone who made their way by safely as I coasted up the back straight. I had hoped to make it to the marshal stand on the inside of turn 8, but decided I wasn't going to make it and chose to stop while I had enough momentum to make over to the wall.

Jeff will be driving at Celebration next weekend and then the planning begins for next season. Thanks to everyone who make these events happen.

Cdnstunts
09-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Nice racing, good videos.................:)
I did watch you hit the tire wall, in corner two.

legger
09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
I was starting from the back as well, didn't run on Saturday. Man that spin (watching from right behind) happened in slow-mo...tough brake, that car has done amazing things all year, to bad it ended there.

Good luck over the winter...supercharger maybe?

gkierst
09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks Jason. The car probably would have slid sideways all the way to the wall. I was concerned about it digging in and rolling, so I pulled the handbrake to send it backwards once I realized the nose wasn't going to point forward again.

Hopefully Jeff will have better luck finishing off his season this weekend. The body panels are straight-ish but the paint is rough.

More power in the Miata would be nice. Unfortunately there are other things higher on the priority list. Some day though. I think a jump from 128 to something around 200 rwhp would be noticeable.

Greg