PDA

View Full Version : Video Posting Help

pmyers
10-02-2008, 08:12 AM
I have saved all my season video on dvd in .VOB files and now have to convert them to a file type that will work on vimeo?

What programs/hardware are people using to covert video files and what success or problems are you having.

Has anyone converted VOB files (my DVDR records in these) to other file types or do you just save directly in that file type?

What file types are people finding best to use?
What resolution or settings are best?
Living out in the country I don't have high speed at home which limits my ability to post video as well but I hope to fix that soon.

Thanks for any advice.:)

speedmerchant
10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey Pauly,

I'm new to this as well, and I don't know if it will work with a ".vob" file but I had to install (it's free) Windows Media Encoder. It took my .avi files and downsized and converted them to .wmv files. Then I was able to upload to Vimeo. Give me a call for some more specific details. But maybe try downloading the Media Encoder first. It may be able to convert.

I just did a quick search on google and there seems to be many different ways. Give it a google.

LateApex
10-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey Paul

You know we're waiting for footage of Sunday's final race in Sprints!
Hope you get it sorted/posted soon!

Jordan

JL Racing/SAAB Team

ScotcH
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
VirtualDub is a great program for converting into various formats. It's freeware as well. VOB Is the DVD file format and is usually mpeg2. Try this: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Virtualdub-MPEG2

You want the finished product in Xvid (mpeg4) format. That works very well with vimeo, and the files are a good size. It's also a free codec, and you can even play the files on your DVD player (assuming you bought it within the last 3 years or so). Windows Media Encoder (WMV) works well also.