PDA

View Full Version : Sept 18-19 BEMC weekend

abrracing
08-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi everyone, as you may have noticed in the past I organized a lunch time lapping session for the Mazda clubs. We charged $20.00 per car and donated all the money raised to Sick Kids hospital. This year since I am no longer with Mazda (now Toyota) I have decided to open it up to anyone who wishes to participate. The purpose of this is to introduce people to the "big" track in a controlled environment. Its quite a simple process, there is no pre registration, the 1st 50 people who show up at the registration center on Saturday Sept 18 and pay their $20.00 dollars will get a small BFGoodrich decal that will be placed at the top center of the windshield of their vehicle and a specific wrist band to indicate they have signed the waiver and paid. Then about 11:15 we all meet in a specific area for a quick drivers meeting.

I cant thank BEMC enough for all their continued help in organizing this with me, over the years we have raised over $2000.00 for the Hospital!

Director
08-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Al,
I think this is great what you are doing and have done. Look me up on the weekend and put me down for $20. I don't need to take part in the lapping part, but I'd like to contribute.

abrracing
08-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks Perry!

abrracing
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Sorry the date os September 18th not the 19th for those that are interested!

Burnsey
09-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Great to hear Al! Not sure if I can make it, but I'll spread the word around to various forums, etc.

abrracing
09-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Perfect thank you!

sandman804
09-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Dumb question, but just to be clear this is for regular joe street cars, not race cars?

Bubblecar
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Dumb question, but just to be clear this is for regular joe street cars, not race cars?
Yes - it is a lapping session for regular street cars.

Gibby 123
09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
does it have to be a road car or can you use a Gt 5 car ?

RETROCRX
09-13-2010, 04:37 PM
What are the safety requirements? Helmets required? Or is this just a low speed pacecar type lapping session??

Either way for $20 I'm interested.

abrracing
09-14-2010, 05:06 PM
The is no safety requirements other than your stock seat belts and lots of common sense. We try to give the participants a ride around the track that isnt just slow parade lapping, usually run to about 140-150 up the back straight and try to keep a good pace through the corners.

RETROCRX
09-14-2010, 05:12 PM
OK that sounds good, I'll definately try and make it out.

The registration center you speak of is the registration office outside the track between the paddock gates and Kart track gates, or are you setting up a registration inside the paddock?

Hope to see you there.

Rob

abrracing
09-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Outside between the kart track and the competitors entrance

Sixer6
09-14-2010, 10:31 PM
I will be in for this as well.Ive been out on the track as a passenger but never in my own car.Ive also been to lots of the regional events as a spectator.

Im guessing my Helmet is a good idea.

Rob! another CRX member,hope to see you there.

Crossthreaded
09-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Going out on a limb here... I'm thinking lapping Mosport in the family mini-van or an F-150 would be a hazzard, not to mention a little dull.
I'm OK with sitting it out, but I know my wife would be thrilled to be a passenger for a spirited ride around the track. If anyone has an empty seat, pm me.

Thanks.

sandman804
09-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Im defaintely interested, has there been any issues with drivers trying to go "all out"? I think a brisk track tour would be fun, but I am just wondering if there has been any problems with people understanding that its not a race?

blue92HB
09-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Provided the weather is on my side I be there, I am already laying the tape for the novice triangle on the back window. How does lapping on ones birthday get any better!!!!!!

abrracing
09-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Just a quick update on todays event, we raised $700.00 for sick kids! I just really need to thank BEMC for allowing us to do the event year after year it keeps getting bigger. I also wish to thank the CASC competitors who joined our event, and I apologize to those who were too late to register. BEMC offered to let us do 2 next year, one on the May race weekend and the other in Sept again. Keep watching and we will post when were ready to go again!
The next charity event we are doing is a Motorsports Show on October 10 at the dealership and everyone is welcome to come and display your cars! Contact me if you require more information!

CAllen
09-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Thanks to Al for giving me the second best seat on the track, which was right next to him. I really enjoyed being his passenger, even if he did manage to shift my internal organs slightly sideways going through turn 2 :D

Congrats on raising so much money for Sick Kids. I know they do great work there, because I've had the privilege of meeting several kids that survived cancer as a result of great medical care and determination by the staff at Sick Kids.