06-07-2015, 09:40 PM
thx for taking the time!

McGyver
06-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Thanks Martyn...Great Shots!

Greg Campbell
06-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Thank you for the photos.

By the way, I beleive there was some talk with the other photographers about uploading the event photos to the OTA facebook page, or creating an OTA Instagram account. Given the reach of Social Media it could be a really powerful marketing strategy to publish as much OTA content as possible.

Would you be interested in sharing your photos on social media?

MartynD
06-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Of course. My only concern is license plates.

Further much like the Autoslalom division has a FB group perhaps one would be handy for OTA as well.

wparsons
06-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Of course. My only concern is license plates.

Not to be an ass about it, but I feel like anyone that doesn't want their plates in photos at an event like this should be pulling their plates.

It's great that you care about it and even consider it, but most photographers wouldn't.

I've got about 1600 shots to go through from the weekend, hoping I can get through them by the weekend. All mine will be available for the OTA FB page, I'll give Erik the links to mine once they're up and he can post whatever he likes.

MartynD
06-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Actually, I thought there was a requirement for plates to be removed.

Honestly I don't want the hassle of having to go through and pull images with plates, so yeah I'd rather not worry about it.

Greg Campbell
06-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Actually, I thought there was a requirement for plates to be removed.

Honestly I don't want the hassle of having to go through and pull images with plates, so yeah I'd rather not worry about it.

From the Time Attack Rulebook, page 14:

1.5 VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
.11 To maintain a professional appearance, license plates shall be either completely removed or completely visible during competition. Ad hoc covering with masking tape or equivalent is not permitted.

There's no requirement to remove plates, however people have varying tolerances/sensitivity related to insurance. (My opinion-->) The burden should be on the competitor to accept the risk inherent in this form of competition. People who come out and take photos are doing so (generally) for free and it's not fair to ask those volunteers to unnecessarily sort through thousands of photos to remove those with plate. Event photos are one of the best ways to market and create attention for the series, which ultimately benefits us all since without enough marketing we will not be able to draw enough competitors to make the events viable.

Kart14
06-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Thank you for the photos.

By the way, I beleive there was some talk with the other photographers about uploading the event photos to the OTA facebook page, or creating an OTA Instagram account. Given the reach of Social Media it could be a really powerful marketing strategy to publish as much OTA content as possible.

Would you be interested in sharing your photos on social media?

Pics are one thing, what about results. I'm interested to see how things went but it's an OTA information vacuum as usual unless I'm missing something. I remember in the past there was a local area network available with updates, my bad if the link is out there, but I can't find it easily. I doesn't appear to be on the OTA media and links page of the CASC site.

I realize OTA isn't using transponders, mylaps or racehero.io. but how hard can it be to take a picture of the results sheet with a cell phone (or print to PDF) and upload it a couple of times during the day. Mark it provisional if necessary.

My god you have a social media guru in "toothpower" updating his followers minute by minute. Leverage the resource.:D

I'm not being critical, just hopeful in being able to follow the action with regular updates. In my mind that's a low rent way of getting your message out.

wparsons
06-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Live timing was up during the events, and results should be available shortly.

Definitely good feedback though!

MartynD
06-08-2015, 03:35 PM
It was available over wifi on the weekend as well as on the big screen. At least class based.

Had to leave before the finish so curious to see the final results too

dubya_rx
06-08-2015, 04:55 PM
The results were available by wifi but not really publicized...

Connect to OTA wifi then http://results.time-attack.ca

k.beaty
06-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Thanks very much for the photos Martyn! It's always great to have some nice pictures posted after an event.

I know everyone like photos, so here's some more! Steven from Blackoutvader came on Sunday to take photos, and he got some very nice shots. Check out the flickr link below and shoot him an email if you'd like any in hi-res. Wouldn't hurt to thank him for coming out. It'd be great to see more and more social media coverage of our events!

Blackoutvader@yahoo.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124921266@N06/sets/72157653847908760/with/18618191381/

ONdriver
06-08-2015, 07:08 PM
My god you have a social media guru in "toothpower" updating his followers minute by minute.

Send me "toothpower" Matt, we'll see what we can do!

Kart14
06-08-2015, 07:15 PM
The results were available by wifi but not really publicized...

Connect to OTA wifi then http://results.time-attack.ca

Link doesn't work now. Perhaps it isn't supposed to store the completed results. I still have no idea what happened and I suspect 1/2 the competitors that didn't stay until the awards ceremony don't know either, or a least won't know until the results are uploaded to the website later.:(

In this connected world people want instant gratification or they lose interest.

Kart14
06-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Send me "toothpower" Matt, we'll see what we can do!

Why don't you just PM him. He's on these threads and was a competitor at the event in the 350z. "2TH PWR" I'm sure he can get it done.

Matt

ONdriver
06-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Why don't you just PM him. He's on these threads and was a competitor at the event in the 350z. "2TH PWR" I'm sure he can get it done.

Matt

Thanks, not sure who he was!

MartynD
06-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Link doesn't work now. Perhaps it isn't supposed to store the completed results. I still have no idea what happened and I suspect 1/2 the competitors that didn't stay until the awards ceremony don't know either, or a least won't know until the results are uploaded to the website later.:(

In this connected world people want instant gratification or they lose interest.

yeah the link is accessible during the event on the OTA wifi only as far as I know. I kept an eye on it all day Sunday. Was my first time I knew to be able to check my class standing but that was it, don't know if it is possible to see overall standings during the event.

Slowpoke
06-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Pics are one thing, what about results. I'm interested to see how things went but it's an OTA information vacuum as usual unless I'm missing something. I remember in the past there was a local area network available with updates, my bad if the link is out there, but I can't find it easily. I doesn't appear to be on the OTA media and links page of the CASC site.
I'm not being critical, just hopeful in being able to follow the action with regular updates. In my mind that's a low rent way of getting your message out.

Please join me in expressing to the powers that be that a 1 minute upload to an actual results.time-attack.ca website would be WONDERFUL so we don't have to disconnect from mobile network to connect to OTA wifi (which isn't reachable from the Clerking tower at DDT), but I CAN reach the internet from the media building.

LIVE WEB RESULTS!! LIVE WEB RESULTS!!

MartynD
06-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks very much for the photos Martyn! It's always great to have some nice pictures posted after an event.

I know everyone like photos, so here's some more! Steven from Blackoutvader came on Sunday to take photos, and he got some very nice shots. Check out the flickr link below and shoot him an email if you'd like any in hi-res. Wouldn't hurt to thank him for coming out. It'd be great to see more and more social media coverage of our events!

Blackoutvader@yahoo.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124921266@N06/sets/72157653847908760/with/18618191381/

Thanks for the photos! Have yet to figure out how to get trackside photos of myself out there :)

Slowpoke
06-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks, not sure who he was!

Did you hear a really loud Nissan 350Z that weekend?

Lloyd_
06-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Waiting for the results to be posted was a lot easier back when I already had the results :eek:

ONdriver
06-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Did you hear a really loud Nissan 350Z that weekend?

What's that? Having trouble hearing you
Ears are still ringing from a loud Nissan that kept driving by the van all day long! :D

ONdriver
06-08-2015, 09:02 PM
yeah the link is accessible during the event on the OTA wifi only as far as I know. I kept an eye on it all day Sunday. Was my first time I knew to be able to check my class standing but that was it, don't know if it is possible to see overall standings during the event.

If you think about it, can't really calculate the final results until all the runs are in the books

MartynD
06-08-2015, 10:47 PM
If you think about it, can't really calculate the final results until all the runs are in the books

ahah! but I didn't say final.. :) should be easy to calculate overall standings as the day goes by... (AutoX guys can do it...) FTD, PAX.. etc..

I enjoyed my first event, very well organized, a big thanks to organizers and the volunteers, especially to the marshals and track officials standing out there all day (or weekend)

Of course I can't wait until the next one...

k.beaty
06-08-2015, 11:11 PM
MORE!

http://www.skootermedia.com/ota-june-7th-2015/

Slowpoke
06-08-2015, 11:14 PM
MORE!

http://www.skootermedia.com/ota-june-7th-2015/

Not one of car #2. Musta been too fast.

DT Racer
06-09-2015, 01:35 AM
Loud 350Z...I pitted beside him. Good guy, Michael Gardner.

iamthewheelman
06-09-2015, 09:49 PM
I think live updates as the events are going on would be a great idea and it would add to the social media burst I am trying to get going for OTA.

wparsons
06-10-2015, 08:00 AM
I think live updates as the events are going on would be a great idea and it would add to the social media burst I am trying to get going for OTA.

Live timing at the venue works, trying to get more set up so that you don't have to be on the local wifi, or can access from further away.

McGyver
06-10-2015, 11:12 AM
I wasn't able to get out for the Sunday event, but was there on Sat competing. I know I saw guys with media vest on taking pics, but haven't seen any other than Martyn's and then shots from Sunday. Anyone know who other than Martyn was shooting pics on Saturday?

Dave B

wparsons
06-10-2015, 02:10 PM
I wasn't in a vest, but was taking pictures. Hopefully I'll get through them by the weekend, I've got about 1600 left to sort through :eek:

Slowpoke
06-10-2015, 07:53 PM
I wasn't able to get out for the Sunday event, but was there on Sat competing. I know I saw guys with media vest on taking pics, but haven't seen any other than Martyn's and then shots from Sunday. Anyone know who other than Martyn was shooting pics on Saturday?

Dave B

You missed this post: http://www.skootermedia.com/ota-june-7th-2015/

MartynD
06-10-2015, 08:14 PM
You missed this post: http://www.skootermedia.com/ota-june-7th-2015/

psst he's looking for more Saturday shots

wparsons
06-10-2015, 10:59 PM
My shots from Saturday, apologies if I missed anyone but I *think* I got everyone.

http://willparsons.smugmug.com/Automotive/OTA/2015-Event-1/

Sunday to come, I took more than twice as many pictures on Sunday, that'll take a while to sort through.

gaspeddle
06-10-2015, 11:46 PM
thanks for posting!

McGyver
06-12-2015, 08:06 AM
My shots from Saturday, apologies if I missed anyone but I *think* I got everyone.

http://willparsons.smugmug.com/Automotive/OTA/2015-Event-1/

Sunday to come, I took more than twice as many pictures on Sunday, that'll take a while to sort through.

Thanks Will...some great shots

DT Racer
06-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the time and effort.
Great pics and terrific to have a photo of the day!