PDA

View Full Version : MCO's Ted Powell race - August 22/23

terrydale
06-24-2015, 10:36 AM
OK - so here is a teaser for MCO's Ted Powell CASC/OR Regional Race at Calabogie Motorsports Park August 21-23.

Attached are the Test Day and Event Schedules for you to take a look at.

All CASC/OR Championship Race Groups are listed.

Great Race Track!

Great Operations Team who work FOR you - the Racer!!

Questions?

Get with me at <roadrace@mco.org> !!!

Talk to me!! We want your business!!! :)

Terry Dale

Race Director
IMSA 2015 Porsche GT3 Cup Canada Series
CMP/MCO May Madness CASC Regional Race May 29/31
IMSA Pro Race Weekend - July 4/5
MCO's Ted Powell CASC Regional Race August 21-23

Doug P
06-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Wow!!

three more events to run first and your already promoting. Great!!

I think this weekends promo was released this week.

Andrew Marcus
06-24-2015, 02:53 PM
Radical group?

terrydale
06-25-2015, 09:25 AM
Radical group?

Andrew.

Radicals are very much a part of the Ted Powell Weekend!

In fact, here is an updated schedule to reflect that!

AlfaKen
06-25-2015, 09:55 AM
I don't know whether they are planning to attend, but a number of people run V/H and G70. Won't work with the races back to back.

terrydale
06-25-2015, 02:03 PM
I don't know whether they are planning to attend, but a number of people run V/H and G70. Won't work with the races back to back.

Thanks for that, Ken! I'll work on it! Stay tuned!

metric1
06-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Terry, any chance you could post the schedule in a pdf format?

shamrock
06-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Adobe acrobat has a pdf converter Ian. I'm guessing you don't have word though.

shamrock
06-26-2015, 10:48 AM
here it is in pdf.

terrydale
06-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Thanks, Pat!

A couple of quick ones:
* I have spoken to Quebec SuperTouring and they will be back again at this Year's Ted Powell Race. Also, that Ontario GT Challenge cars are eligible for their program. Meaning - plan on attending the Ted Powell Race with your GT Challenge car!
* I will work on the schedule regarding the feedback and comments.
* Just for interest and in the most positive way - we submitted our draft schedule for this year's Ted Powell Race way back in January to representatives from every race group for their review and feedback. Based on that, and after some adjustments and sign-off by that same group, we submitted our application for an Event Permit to CASC/OR on April 9, 2015. Might I respectfully suggest that each group elect/appoint/anoint one person to represent that group's best interests who both the racers and the organizers can contact to get feedback on what the group is thinking. Yes, I do read the forums and listen to what is being said, but trying to react to a constantly moving and shadowy target makes it very difficult to figure out who wants what. I know very well that there are issues that need to be resolved but doing it in a disorganized way is not productive and ultimately, in the end, nothing is going to change. I will do everything I can to make sure that our customers - the Racers - leave our event happy, that they had a great time, and received excellent value for their time and money spent. Help me help you.

So, having said that, let's do whatever needs doing so we can go racing and do what we are passionate about!!

See you at the Ted Powell Race August 21-23!!

Boogity! Boogity! Boogity!! :)

jhansen
06-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Hi Terry,
I saw the tentative schedule. It looks like GT Sprints race is late in the day on both the Saturday and Sunday. As you finalize the schedule could you see if GT Sprints could be scheduled to finish the last race on Sunday earlier if we have to finish late on the Sat. This may also help eliminate conflicts of other series.
Regards,
John

terrydale
06-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Hi Terry,
I saw the tentative schedule. It looks like GT Sprints race is late in the day on both the Saturday and Sunday. As you finalize the schedule could you see if GT Sprints could be scheduled to finish the last race on Sunday earlier if we have to finish late on the Sat. This may also help eliminate conflicts of other series. Regards, John

Hi John.

I'll probably be working on the schedule early next week after this weekend's IMSA Pro Race Event at Calabogie Motorsports Park.

I am looking at gapping the Sprint and Challenge sessions for those who run in both. I will also look at adjusting the Sunday Sprint race as well. Plus the Radical Series will be prominently included in the naming of the Libre sessions.

Thanx for the feedback!

Terry

Stephen
07-01-2015, 09:57 AM
There doesn't look like there's much time between F1600 sessions.