PDA

View Full Version : information re Calabogie track day Aug.1st

shamrock
06-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Whole bunch of people have already signed up to attend the MCO track day on Saturday before the T/A Sunday event. More to come I think. When you sign up for the event, please enter whether or not you have driven the Calabogie track before or not. If you have, you will be placed immediately into the open group. Regardless of your track experience, if you have not, you will be placed in the intermediate group with one of my instructors as a mentor and for a checkout ride. You will move to the open class once the instructor thinks your ready. It could be only one session. Calabogie has 22 corners and can be daunting to learn.

Even if you are in the open class you can request an instructor. Its your call but I will say, anyone can benefit from instruction especially from people who have driven thousands of laps here. There are also multiple lines to get around the track. Over 50 percent of my instructors are licenced road racers.
Best 250 bucks you'll ever spend.

See you soon.

Dave Barker
06-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Pat, I agree you have a great day planned. Is there a limit on total entry for the lapping day?

shamrock
06-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Well last weeks track day had 80 cars Dave so we'll accomodate all time attack people as we have three run groups. It would only be a matter of running out of instructors but we can make that work also. Calabogies a long track so we can take a lot if we want.

kmorris
06-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Hi Pat,

I am signed up for the lapping day (and the Time Attack), have never driven at Calabogie, and have a car with only one seat. I am not sure how to handle this from the instruction point of view - just letting you know.

Sounds like a great weekend!

Kevin Morris

2TH PWR
06-25-2015, 01:00 PM
I think I pre-reg for the lapping day at the open house.

IS it an additional cost for the instructor? I also have a single seater.

ONdriver
06-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Another question: Do we need to confirm the request to have an instructor?
If I remember correctly the question was asked during registration

wings2k
06-25-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm sure we can do a little follow the leader for the single seat guys. It's only 20 corners to remember ;)

wparsons
06-25-2015, 04:48 PM
I think I pre-reg for the lapping day at the open house.

IS it an additional cost for the instructor? I also have a single seater.

The lapping day wasn't available to register for through the paper forms at the open house, it has been through motorsportsreg since it was announced by MCO.

shamrock
06-26-2015, 10:23 AM
Single seater cars up until this year were not allowed in our club days. What we do now ( because we get a lot of chump cars and race cars) is lapping lead follow with your instructor in his car also, and he or she taking you for some laps also. When he thinks your ready to hit the track by yourself he will tell you. Works very well.

The information in your registration is important. Of all the registrations I have so far ( almost 20 T/A) I only had questions about two of them. I fixed them by email.
The biggest problems were
a) have you driven Calabogie before and
b) do you want an instructor or not.

make sure those are marked in your registration. Anyone who has registered before today has been taken care of.

almcphee
07-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Any info on good places to stay near Calabogie Track ?

kfansett
07-09-2015, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=shamrock;247548]Whole bunch of people have already signed up to attend the MCO track day on Saturday before the T/A Sunday event. More to come I think. When you sign up for the event, please enter whether or not you have driven the Calabogie track before or not. If you have, you will be placed immediately into the open group. Regardless of your track experience, if you have not, you will be placed in the intermediate group with one of my instructors as a mentor and for a checkout ride. You will move to the open class once the instructor thinks your ready. It could be only one session. Calabogie has 22 corners and can be daunting to learn.

Even if you are in the open class you can request an instructor. Its your call but I will say, anyone can benefit from instruction especially from people who have driven thousands of laps here. There are also multiple lines to get around the track. Over 50 percent of my instructors are licenced road racers.
Best 250 bucks you'll ever spend.

See you soon.[/QUOTE

Hello,
I'm a time attack/race instructor and booked for accommodation. Will be available for DE on the 1st. Please send details for the day.
Thanks,
Keith

Carguy
07-10-2015, 12:29 AM
For anyone running a test pipe, or unusually loud exhaust you need to be aware of CMP sound restrictions as per the following.

SOUND MANAGEMENT & RESTRICTIONS

All Participants must adhere to the mandatory noise restriction of 92 dB or lesser without exception. Calabogie Motorsports Park will measure noise levels of ALL vehicles and/or equipment prior to being granted access to the track.

In today’s Motorsport activities, sound management a joint task shared by all members including tracks, clubs, participants, promoters and even fans. As an established motorsports facility, Calabogie Motorsports Park (CMP) has imposed its own noise guidelines, testing procedures and maximums to ensure CMP creates a favourable environment for all.

Screening Test – After a brief visual muffler check, a stationary test is undertaken. Sound levels will be measured 15 feet in front and behind the vehicle while the engine is revved at the maximum allowable rpm or the red line of the tachometer.
Cars, the average should be no more than 100 dbA with no single reading over 104 dbA.
Motorcycles, the average should be no more than 98 dbA with no single reading over 100 dbA.
Pass-by Test – With the vehicle under full acceleration on the track, a reading will be taken from 50 feet. The maximum level allowed is 92 dbA. This level and standard is the most commonly used in North America and Europe and is where the entire industry is headed. Tests are valid for 9 months unless modifications to vehicle are made.
Cars and motorcycles that do not meet the noise criteria in the pass-by test will be black flagged and will not be allowed to run until modifications have been made and a re-test performed to ensure compliance with the guidelines. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure their vehicle meets the noise restrictions that Calabogie Motorsports Park has in place.

kmorris
07-10-2015, 10:59 AM
SOUND MANAGEMENT & RESTRICTIONS...

So in Race events, do Formula Fords and Radicals and such have to run with mufflers?

shamrock
07-11-2015, 10:15 AM
race events are held with a special dispensation to a maximum of 102DB from 92. If one blows over yes, it is required to install mufflers or any system that will bring them into compliance.

kmorris
07-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Does the lower limit apply to the Time Attack too or just the lapping day?

shamrock
07-12-2015, 11:38 AM
It does apply. Although it is not unheard of, it is rare when a car blows over.

shamrock
07-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Any info on good places to stay near Calabogie Track ?

If you go to the Calabogie website there should be some links to area accomodations. Also, Renfrew and Arnprior are not that far from the track and both have hotels.

Oo=[][]=oO
07-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Pat,
Is there additional cost to have a second driver in the same car?
I have a "tutor" offer to provide instruction, and he will also drive the same car.
Thx TomB

wings2k
07-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Does the lower limit apply to the Time Attack too or just the lapping day?

Pierre was talking to me about this on Saturday.

1) AFAIK yes the sound level restriction will be in place for the TA day
2) If you have no muffler what-so-ever you will have to do something. Add a glasspack or a cherry bomb or something.

3) Radicals pass the sound check easily.

4) Yes we run Formula races in the evenings under the sound restrictions and everyone runs a baffle and easily pass.

So in otherwords, the sound restriction isn't really that hard to pass. For the sake of your own hearing, run a muffler. Might not "sound" as fast.

kmorris
07-15-2015, 01:11 AM
Pierre was talking to me about this on Saturday.

1) AFAIK yes the sound level restriction will be in place for the TA day
2) If you have no muffler what-so-ever you will have to do something. Add a glasspack or a cherry bomb or something.

3) Radicals pass the sound check easily.

4) Yes we run Formula races in the evenings under the sound restrictions and everyone runs a baffle and easily pass.

So in otherwords, the sound restriction isn't really that hard to pass. For the sake of your own hearing, run a muffler. Might not "sound" as fast.

Thanks, I do run a muffler already. I just don't want to arrive out in the middle of nowhere to be told I can't run, with no place to buy parts within driving distance. I think my car is quiet enough but I have no numbers.

shamrock
07-15-2015, 01:18 AM
[]=oO;248174']Pat,
Is there additional cost to have a second driver in the same car?
I have a "tutor" offer to provide instruction, and he will also drive the same car.
Thx TomB

There would be a registration fee for that yes. Half of yours or 125 plus GST. You would also need to contact the organizer to set that up. Rob Switzer. I can give you his contact info.

wings2k
07-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Thanks, I do run a muffler already. I just don't want to arrive out in the middle of nowhere to be told I can't run, with no place to buy parts within driving distance. I think my car is quiet enough but I have no numbers.

I won't guarantee it, but if you have a muffler most likely you will be just fine.

If anyone is seriously concerned, I'd recommend bringing some steel wool. Not ideal, but it works.

wparsons
07-15-2015, 08:49 AM

You can get an app for most phones that will guesstimate db levels based on the sound pressure getting to the microphone. Not exactly precise, but should give you an idea of where the car sits.

John P
07-17-2015, 04:17 PM
PM Sent.

JohnP

1morelap
07-18-2015, 01:17 PM

PowerSports Garage is onsite and always has parts available to help any car pass sound check. Or fix anything that may have broke during your fun at the track.

vwraceguy
07-20-2015, 10:35 AM
Are we allowed to camp at the track Saturday night between the two events?

kmorris
07-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Are we allowed to camp at the track Saturday night between the two events?

And on the Friday for that matter, if we want to tow out early?

shamrock
07-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Yes CMP has camping. I believe they close their gates at 11pm though.

Dave Barker
07-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Hi Pat, where is the closest gas to the track and what brand?

Looking for an interesting way home which likely won't be close to anything at all.

Greg Campbell
07-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Hi Pat, where is the closest gas to the track and what brand?

Looking for an interesting way home which likely won't be close to anything at all.

Dave,

The closest gas station to the track is a 'Stinson' which is about 3-4 km away. However I would recommend going the jerry-can route as the Stinson can be a bit pricey (although they do have 94, if you're into that kind of thing). Lapping at Calabogie is similarily hard on fuel as Mosport and I find that having cans on hand means I have one less thing to think about.

As far as routes home, I would recommend the 511 to Perth. It's actually a pretty good driving road (just make sure you have everything properly secured :p). I don't know where you are staying (if you are) but there are lots of gas stations in Perth.

Also, I saw your post on Corvette forum about driving to the track and back on the ST43s. While I've never tried the Raybestos, I drive to the track all the time with my DTC 70s (which are rated up to 1,500oF), and asides from being anti-social loud, they are fine to stop cold/wet.

condor888000
07-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Calabogie actually now has gas on site as well. Including 94 I believe. No idea in prices, I do the jerry can route.

511 to Perth is an awesome road.

jimmo-san
07-24-2015, 07:04 PM

Dave, Hwy 511 (as others have pointed out) is an enjoyable drive to Perth with many twisty turns and elevation changes. Hwy 7 from Perth to Peterborough, S. on Hwy 115 to the 401 can also be scenic, but could be full of slow-moving traffic on Sunday, depending on the number of cottagers returning home.

For a more out-of-the-way route, try Hwy 34 N. to Hwy 132, 132 W. through Dacre to Hwy 41, 41 W. to Denbigh.

At Denbigh take 41 S. through Kaladar. Then either continue on 41 S. to the 401 or take Hwy 7. Or at Denbigh take Hwy 28 through McArthur's Mills to Bancroft, then S. on Hwy 28 to Hwy 115 and the 401.

If you take the Hwy 7/Hwy 115 route you can even stop off at CTMP, if you wish. :)

Dave Barker
07-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I will actually be heading towards my cottage which is south west of Bancroft so was certainly planning to hit the metropolis of Denbigh. Looking at Google maps is seems that hgway 65 out of Calabogie becomes 71 and puts me up to 41 at Griffith. It is apparently paved all the way and looks pretty from the pics. Anyone been on this road? Appears to have lots of curves and unlikely to have sig traffic.

Jimmo-san, is 34 paved?

Doesn't look like there is any reliable gas until Bancroft so will need to make sure I leave the track with enough to get there.

Greg, being the cheap guy that I am, I wasn't worried about the safety of using the Raybestos pads on the street (I was sure they would actually work) nor was I worried about the squealing, but was worried about inordinate wear of either rotors or pads. I used to use Hawk Blues (great feeling pads btw) but if you drove them on the street at low temps they worked like mini-lathes and totally chewed up the rotors leaving horrendous amounts of iron on the driveway when next washing the car. The Carbotechs I have been using for the last few seasons are totally benign on rotors but the Raybestos pads are new to me on the Corvette.

Greg Campbell
07-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Greg, being the cheap guy that I am, I wasn't worried about the safety of using the Raybestos pads on the street (I was sure they would actually work) nor was I worried about the squealing, but was worried about inordinate wear of either rotors or pads. I used to use Hawk Blues (great feeling pads btw) but if you drove them on the street at low temps they worked like mini-lathes and totally chewed up the rotors leaving horrendous amounts of iron on the driveway when next washing the car. The Carbotechs I have been using for the last few seasons are totally benign on rotors but the Raybestos pads are new to me on the Corvette.

Ah, makes sense. I have heard that the Hawk Blues work really well as rotor lathes; good for cleaning up rotors though.

I've picked up a set of Ferodo DS1.11 to try, they come in a better size for my calipers and a set of HPS for street duty as the DTC Hawks are unbearably loud.

You planning on doing the lapping day Sarurday too?

jimmo-san
07-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Jimmo-san, is 34 paved?

I can only vouch for Hwys 132, 41 and 28. They're in generally good condition (and paved). Last time I was on these highways was October and they were in good condition.

I don't know Hwy 34, but from the looks of the Northern end (at 132):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/OIBt-4Ufg97ASwC2hGLtKv7VywiLBgCTmu2fNOoVOGA=w1218-h615-no

and the Southern end (at 508):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Skjg3YIbJNzaocN2BuqZHQjdEaAHral57yeyLL6hGW4=w1218-h621-no

it looks to be paved.

If you take Hwy 41 watch for Khartum (not to be confused with Khartoum) between Dacre and Denbigh.

Dave Barker
07-25-2015, 07:09 PM
You planning on doing the lapping day Sarurday too?

Wouldn't miss the lapping day. The $250 price is amazing (as was the $250 lapping day price at MIR).

I know at this stage that a number of folks who are lapping on Saturday have not registered for Sunday's competition. Maybe fast guys like you Greg are scaring them away :rolleyes:

I certainly hope more of the non regular series Ottawa guys do sign up. I have no issue with being beat and after all it is not too far from Ottawa to Shannonville which is only 2 weeks later.

John P
07-26-2015, 03:09 PM
How about a CMP Expert vs OTA Challenge? We need more CMP people to show OTA how its done:). How about one CMP Expert in each of the OTA classes?

JohnP

1morelap
07-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Dave,

The closest gas station to the track is a 'Stinson' which is about 3-4 km away. However I would recommend going the jerry-can route as the Stinson can be a bit pricey (although they do have 94, if you're into that kind of thing).

the pumps there are closed. You can get regular and 94 at CMP directly. There is also 94 and 98 at the pumps in Stinsons Arnprior.

wparsons
07-27-2015, 02:54 PM
the pumps there are closed. You can get regular and 94 at CMP directly. There is also 94 and 98 at the pumps in Stinsons Arnprior.

What's the price like on 94 at the track? I know at CTMP it's about 40c/L higher than local pumps.

1morelap
07-27-2015, 03:20 PM
There's a premium for sure. It's worth it if you are empty.

Follow re fueling rules if you bring your own.

wparsons
07-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Does the on site shop do tire mounting for reasonable prices? Trying to find time to get new ones mounted before driving up, but a fallback wouldn't be bad.

1morelap
07-27-2015, 10:21 PM
They said - Can you let them know we charge $100 for install and balance 4 tires. - Powersports Garage. :)

Greg Campbell
07-28-2015, 06:09 AM
There's a premium for sure. It's worth it if you are empty.

Follow re fueling rules if you bring your own.

What are the re-fueling rules? I assume basic stuff like don't spill, don't smoke, and do it in the paddock not pit lane.

karmaboy
07-28-2015, 07:09 AM
You can also get 100 race fuel at Stinson in Arnprior. Its a pump locked up on the side.

wparsons
07-28-2015, 09:52 AM
They said - Can you let them know we charge $100 for install and balance 4 tires. - Powersports Garage. :)

Great, thanks!

Carguy
07-28-2015, 10:06 AM
What are the re-fueling rules? I assume basic stuff like don't spill, don't smoke, and do it in the paddock not pit lane.

Greg the CMP web site stipulates refuelling in a designated area. I've refuelled in the paddock many times and no one stopped me and pointed to the designated area (wherever it might be). Although there is an oil disposal area just behind the club house at the back of the paddock. I think they were more vigilant when the pavement in the paddock was fresh (it's almost 10 years old now). Having said that be careful not to spill.

shamrock
07-28-2015, 10:25 AM
Your right. Refueling in the paddock is fine, it's just to take the proper precautions regarding spillage and fire. Water to clean up, kitty litter, fire extinguisher, broom, etc. Common sense stuff.

wings2k
07-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Will the hot weather we have been having, it is now recommended to use wood under your jacks as well. The pavement is soft and a jack will leave holes.

Slowpoke
07-28-2015, 02:07 PM
FYI: I have just bought rain tires. It is guaranteed to be sunny all weekend.

Can you please EMail a schedule to all of the Saturday registered guys like me?

Is anyone camping? Do the gates get locked overnight? Food available on site during what hours?

Thanks!

Slowpoke
07-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Great, thanks!

Powersports Garage is at GP3R on August 1st. We're supposed to ask a guy named Trevor Hill if we need tires mounted/balanced.

kmorris
07-28-2015, 02:51 PM
97 entries on MSReg as of today!! Good thing it's a pretty long track.

:eek:

dubya_rx
07-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Drive all the way from Milton to Ottawa and back on my AD08R's or change them at the track?

shamrock
07-28-2015, 03:19 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE.... the cutoff for registrations for Saturday is tomorrow, Wednesday, at 6pm. No exceptions. We 're trying not to cap it today also because we have over 70 cars coming now plus about 40 instructors. We're a victim off our own success. My giveback to Solo 1 which I loved and led me to a long race career:cool:

Greg Campbell
07-28-2015, 04:24 PM
97 entries on MSReg as of today!! Good thing it's a pretty long track.

:eek:

For Saturday or Sunday?

Greg Campbell
07-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Drive all the way from Milton to Ottawa and back on my AD08R's or change them at the track?

Drive on em. AD08Rs are great in the rain and wear like iron. I say what's the point of driving on street tires of you don't take full advantage of all the benefits (like not having to change tires on event day).

kmorris
07-28-2015, 05:05 PM
For Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday, with all the MCO and OTA people. Sunday only shows in the 20s, not sure how accurate that is...

wings2k
07-28-2015, 05:18 PM

Is anyone camping? Do the gates get locked overnight? Food available on site during what hours?

Thanks!

As far as food, bring your own or order pizza. The only time food is available at the track is at lunch time, so basically 11:30-1 and most likely only on Saturday -- they are not always open.

Carguy
07-28-2015, 05:22 PM

Thanks!

I'm trying to get these answers for you as we speak Stephen.

shamrock
07-28-2015, 08:18 PM
I don't have one on my computer so copy and paste this text into a notepad document and print it.

730am registration
815am registration and sound check closes
840am drivers meeting
900am open group
930am intermediate group
10am novice group with instructors
1030am open
1100am intermediate
1130am novice
1200 track closed lunch
1300pm open
1330pm intermediate
1400pm novice
1430pm open
1500pm intermediate
1530pm novice
1600pm open
1630pm novice and intermediate
1700pm track closed

you will find out which run group your in at registration.

Slowpoke
07-28-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm trying to get these answers for you as we speak Stephen.

I traced back and found the camping info; 11pm gates close, campers allowed but locked in. Anyone camping Friday and Saturday night to keep an eye on my borrowed race car? ;)

Carguy
07-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Stephen, there is paddock security.

Dave Barker
07-28-2015, 11:08 PM
C'mon Ottawa valley guys. We need some more folks to come and play on Sunday. Show the rest of us how to get around your lovely track.Given the small entry, there will be a ton of track time on Sunday and the track won't be crowded.

shamrock
07-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Lend me your car and I will Dave. My BMW's gone :(

schmoo-msm
07-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi All,

Glad to see a number of you will be joining us on Saturday.

If you have any feedback on information we should have put in the registration form for the August 1 lapping day, please let me know by PM or by email at webmaster@mco.org.

See you on the 1st and an on the 2nd.

N

10gt61
07-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Although I will not be at the track this weekend (due to car & driver not quite ready yet!), I will be following the progress of the activities on both days. It should be a great event and many thanks in advance to all the people from MCO and OTA involved in organizing and running this unique weekend ....
Have a fun and safe weekend. :)

And thanks to Gary Wood for being the Acting Director at Calabogie during my absence.

Slowpoke
07-29-2015, 10:45 AM
you will find out which run group your in at registration.

Thanks for the Schedule, Pat!

Can you please let the powers that be know that I'll be in a blue 1993 Civic CX with 102hp instead of the prepped Subaru I originally registered with? I can't seem to edit it on MSReg. Might affect the run group I'm in.

Thanks!

shamrock
07-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Assignments are made by levels of experience, not by the car but I'll make that change for you on my assignment sheet no problemo.

kmorris
07-29-2015, 12:23 PM
I traced back and found the camping info; 11pm gates close, campers allowed but locked in. Anyone camping Friday and Saturday night to keep an eye on my borrowed race car? ;)

I plan to be there.

Slowpoke
07-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks Kevin!

Is this a good lap to use for lines on a low hp FWD car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e6vpTOkjI4

Anyone have corner notes to share from BMW Club, etc? I found archives for trackpedia's notes:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120926174639/http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Turn_by_turn_guide_to_the_Calabogie_Motorsports_Park_track

wings2k
07-29-2015, 02:01 PM
That video is pretty good. If you have a lowered powered FWD car I would adjust them a bit, shorten the track down rocky road and after 7 and turn in later in 12 to get a better exit through 13.

wings2k
07-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Is there a guy bringing a radical? Here are some not horrible laps I've done :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAM_laRtR8g

MartynD
07-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Looking forward to the whole weekend! A chance to get the hell outta here for 2 days and get away from it all :cool:

Hope its not going to be sunny the whole time... Wonder how the facilities are at the motor inn..

nowcritical
07-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Put a fresh tire set on the car today.

Woot!

Anyone who wants some help with low HP cars and the track feel free to ask!

:)
Looking forward to the weekend. I do hope that there is food at the track for lunch Sat and Sunday!

dubya_rx
07-31-2015, 09:49 AM
Is Google correct on the fastest way to the track from Kanata? Blue route?

Carguy
07-31-2015, 10:01 AM
Yes it is Walter. However, it's more like 45-50 minutes from where you're starting. For 94 octane there is a Petrocan off the Terry Fox exit to the left. Drive safe!

Carguy
07-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Put a fresh tire set on the car today.

Woot!

Anyone who wants some help with low HP cars and the track feel free to ask!

:)
Looking forward to the weekend. I do hope that there is food at the track for lunch Sat and Sunday!

I'll tie a rope to your bumper Martin, that's the help I need. :D Breakfast and lunch available at the track both days.

Slowpoke
07-31-2015, 09:00 PM
Dave, Hwy 511 (as others have pointed out) is an enjoyable drive to Perth with many twisty turns and elevation changes. Hwy 7 from Perth to Peterborough, S. on Hwy 115 to the 401 can also be scenic, but could be full of slow-moving traffic on Sunday, depending on the number of cottagers returning home.

For a more out-of-the-way route, try Hwy 34 N. to Hwy 132, 132 W. through Dacre to Hwy 41, 41 W. to Denbigh.

At Denbigh take 41 S. through Kaladar. Then either continue on 41 S. to the 401 or take Hwy 7. Or at Denbigh take Hwy 28 through McArthur's Mills to Bancroft, then S. on Hwy 28 to Hwy 115 and the 401.

If you take the Hwy 7/Hwy 115 route you can even stop off at CTMP, if you wish. :)

Centennial Lake Road West of Bogie.... why doesn't MCO run a tarmac rally on that thing?!?!? AMAZING drive. I now don't care about the track. Might drive to Bancroft and back all night. ;)

Carguy
08-02-2015, 09:32 PM
So there IS a reward for driving your rally car to the track... Who knew!

MartynD
08-03-2015, 12:13 AM
I ran that road as well Steve, I ran a lot of back roads, then 41 to 28 to Bancroft then south on 62 to 620 then another great section 504 and 46.

Got in before 11 so pleased though nasty weather in Oshawa right now..

Slowpoke
08-03-2015, 12:13 PM
I got into the 2:48's in the morning sessions, but as the track warmed up and my R1R's chunked, I got slower. Might have been lower horsepower from the heat as well because my typical VMax went down 1 to 2 km/h too. Theoretical best lap 2:47.8 in the practice sessions, 2:49.2 in the second timed session with 20 splits.

Max speed in Rocky Road before braking: 150.3km/h.

If you have Performance Box files, I'd be happy to share to figure my opportunities. I modified a lot of the school lines to allow me to get on the throttle sooner and manage my understeer.