PDA

View Full Version : Shannonville!!

10gt61
08-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Not to rush things too much, after a great event at CMP, but our two day annual event at Shannonville is just around the corner! Less than two weeks away. :eek:
A couple of early reminders:
- We use the two best configurations at SMP; the Long Track and Pro Track.
- Bellville is close by and has reasonable rates for accommodation and there are a number of restaurants etc. in town.
- Please pre-register on motorsportreg - it really helps us out.
- Make sure you bring your PIP schedule with you to the track and be prepared to produce it on request.
- Make sure to bring your CASC licence to registration in the morning and have it out and ready! That also really helps registration.
- If you don't have your licence yet, you are allowed to have one temporary licence per year and we'll look after that.
- If you're competing at more than one weekend event, you'll need to have your regular CASC Class C licence. If you've applied for it and haven't heard back, contact Deb at the CASC office. That is your responsibility and takes some of the workload off of our regular volunteers.

I'll be there for the weekend and I look forward to seeing you all! :)

jonweir
08-04-2015, 05:10 PM
One more reminder:
OTA competitors get a 50% discount to the Speed Envy lapping on Saturday evening.
If you're looking for more time on Long track config before Sunday competition, pm or email me for a discount code.

See you at the track!

jonweir@speedenvy.ca

xyz999
08-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Is there any accommodations for campers at Shannonville?

2TH PWR
08-04-2015, 06:23 PM
I hear camping is where it's at. I plan to arrive Friday night if that is ok?

Never been to this place before and I'm probably the most excited for this event I have been all year.

jonweir
08-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, camping is always good at Shannonville.
There is plenty of space in the paddock area and there are showers near the office area. Campfires are ok too, and last time I was there you could use the power outlet found near the lamp post.

boro92
08-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Question - I want to compete at this event.
I see that temp licenses are issued 1x per year. How does registration work? I pay up the OTA fee for the event + cost of temp license and I'm good to go? FWIW I am not affiliated with any other organization (SDCA or other). Not sure if that is also a requirement. Based on what I saw on some OTA forms, it looked like it was...

wparsons
08-05-2015, 06:22 PM
I see that temp licenses are issued 1x per year. How does registration work? I pay up the OTA fee for the event + cost of temp license and I'm good to go? FWIW I am not affiliated with any other organization (SDCA or other). Not sure if that is also a requirement. Based on what I saw on some OTA forms, it looked like it was...

Club membership is a requirement, BUT SPDA (and other clubs) will happily give you a complimentary weekend membership for a single event.

Greg Campbell
08-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Long range forecast looks decent; change of rain Saturday evening but Sunday looks clear. Not excruciatingly hot either.

Slowpoke
08-10-2015, 08:05 PM

Yes, SPDA can offer you a complimentary weekend membership and the event will cover your temp license if you fill out the form.

Please fill out the club membership form for contact info and the have the Class C license app ready to go.

http://www.spda-online.ca/content.php?102-buy-renew-membership

Just fill out page 5 of this form and bring it to registration. No medical needed for time attack , I assure you!

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/files/2015_competition_licence_package_0.pdf

k.beaty
08-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Is anyone bringing firewood? I've got lots at home, but am running out of time to split it between work and getting my car ready...

schmitt tuning
08-13-2015, 10:45 PM
im bringing firewood.

Is anyone bringing firewood? I've got lots at home, but am running out of time to split it between work and getting my car ready...