PDA

View Full Version : Some quick math.

2TH PWR
08-18-2015, 02:00 AM
By my calculations 5 drivers can still win the overall championship this year.

Mohamed is a fairly big favourite

Mohamed Hussain (GT4) 399.602
Greg Campbell (SGT3) 398.258
Kyle Beaty (T2) 398.158
Michael Gardner (SGT1) 397.779
Carsten Gieshen (GT1) 396.162

Carsten's theorhetical max of 597.791 is barely above Mohamed's minimum score of 597.437. The other 3 drivers, Greg, Kyle, and myself all of theorhetical maximums over 599.

So what configurations are we running? Need to know!
I need tires badly. :D

Gwoody27
08-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Well done. Best race for 1st in years. No doubt the pressure is on.

Thanks for doing this.

Personally, I am chasing that pesky Alan Choi, he has to WATCH OUT.

ONdriver
08-18-2015, 10:06 AM
And don't forget double points at the last event!
Very little points spread at the top should bring it down to the last event!!! :eek:

Greg Campbell
08-18-2015, 10:32 AM
And don't forget double points at the last event!
Very little points spread at the top should bring it down to the last event!!! :eek:

Apologies if I'm just being a bit thick on a Tuesday morning; but how are points going to be calculated with respect to the dropped events? Will the winner of Round 9 be able to drop 2 other non-winning events (total season points would be 600) or is Round 9 considered 1 event just with 200 points available for that day (total season points would be 700)?

Slowpoke
08-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Apologies if I'm just being a bit thick on a Tuesday morning; but how are points going to be calculated with respect to the dropped events? Will the winner of Round 9 be able to drop 2 other non-winning events (total season points would be 600) or is Round 9 considered 1 event just with 200 points available for that day (total season points would be 700)?

Read the rulebook description for Organizer points about dropping an event, but rather than getting your second best score repeated and the ability to drop your worst, your Event 9 score can be repeated once to drop your worst. Assuming event 9 ISN'T your worst.

e.g.: You score 100% at Event #9, you get two 100% scores and can drop your worst.

Caveat: Entering event #9 must be at least your 6th scoring event to qualify for double points.

I'll work with Kelly to get a bulletin clarifying that.

10gt61
08-18-2015, 12:33 PM
I'll work with Kelly to get a bulletin clarifying that.

Sounds good Steve. If you have time to write it up and let me (and more importantly, Perry & Gary) confirm, I'll post a bulletin on the website and put the info on this forum.

Thanks.

2TH PWR
08-18-2015, 12:50 PM
My calculations include the scenario Stephen Described.

I went over everyone Max/ Min theorthetical scores

5 driver's can still win.

It basically boils down to this most likely.

Carsten is a real long shot, having to win both days by a decent margin to have a chance.

Mohamed can seal the deal with one more very strong performance. Over 99.75 I think going over it quickly in my head on either day.
No easy task though.

The other 3 have a real chance but have to out perform the other contenders both days.

excitement!

Greg Campbell
08-18-2015, 01:02 PM
5 driver's can still win.

Not that the last few years haven't been good competition, but 5 drivers with even a mathematical shot at the overall going into the last weekend is a huge difference to the last couple of years where the winner was clearly known well in advance.

10gt61
08-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Not that the last few years haven't been good competition, but 5 drivers with even a mathematical shot at the overall going into the last weekend is a huge difference to the last couple of years where the winner was clearly known well in advance.

Exactly what we were hoping for when we introduced double points for last event. Not that double points alone is to be credited, it's more to do with the great competitors, but we're pleased about how it is turning out nonetheless!

2TH PWR
08-29-2015, 10:34 PM
crunched some numbers really quickly.

4 driver's can still win the overall series crown. Here are the key numbers and secrets to success.

1) Mohamed. If he wins, he wins.
2) Mike. If he wins and keeps Mo under 99.80 he wins.
3) Kyle. If he wins and keeps Mo under 99.30, Mike under 99.467 he wins
4) Greg. If he wins and keeps Mo under 99.328, and Mike under 99.49 he wins.

So basically, it is still anyone's game with a narrow victory securing the win.

wparsons
08-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Good luck everyone! Wish I was there to see the title unfold!