PDA

View Full Version : TAC rep/ GBR layouts for round 8&9

2TH PWR
08-19-2015, 01:06 PM
I was wondering if the event organizer can chime in ASAP with the layouts for the final weekend of the year.

I have noticed you guys have run the technical forward and reverse and "screaming alien" forward and reverse the past couple of years.

10gt61
08-19-2015, 02:52 PM
According to the "soon to be published" sup regs, it's the Technical Track without the loop near the pit-out area (top left of diagram).
Hope that's clear - it means there is a longer faster straight by the pits/paddock side of the track.

Edit: I should add that the track configuration is always subject to adjustment at the discretion of the organizers. Safety of the participants will always come first.

2TH PWR
08-19-2015, 03:18 PM
ah ok.

oooh that makes that kink extra important and really favours the low hp cars.

:(

k.beaty
08-19-2015, 03:26 PM
ah ok.

oooh that makes that kink extra important and really favours the low hp cars.

:(

Seems to me like running no kink would favour higher hp cars with big aero... :confused:

Let's battle!

2TH PWR
08-19-2015, 03:44 PM
in reverse the red circle might be flat out in a low hp car. good for pAX.

in a high hp car without aero... like a corvette in SGT3..

that will be a 160-170 km h corner at high G with a big dip in it just before the apex... They will have to lift or cover the brake.

LETS BATTLE

k.beaty
08-19-2015, 03:51 PM

that will be a 160-170 km h corner at high G with a big dip in it just before the apex... They will have to lift or cover the brake.

LETS BATTLE

I would think that a SGT1 350Z with a large splitter, rear wing, and 295 TD's all around wouldn't have to lift either...

Unless you are a coward. ;)

Greg Campbell
08-19-2015, 04:26 PM

LETS BATTLE

Last year I found out the hard way that that corner does actually require a fair bit of braking. I made the mistake of following Corey's video too closely and thought - if he can manage it flat I can too. Bad idea. Got a really good look at the field. Because we don't run the short loop on the front straight and the previous corner is actually pretty fast its a proper brake/lift/turn-in corner for me. Clockwise it will be flat (or a slight lift) which should be fun.

Last year Corey's times were within a tenth for each direction (61.424 CW 61.399 CCW) so in the end it all evens out.

2TH PWR
08-19-2015, 04:31 PM
I don't even have a sense of self preservation in that corner.

(we are just joking with each other people. we are messaging each other on facebook and laughing)

Greg Campbell
08-19-2015, 04:35 PM
I would think that a SGT1 350Z with a large splitter, rear wing, and 295 TD's all around wouldn't have to lift either...

Unless you are a coward. ;)

Grant Galloway
08-19-2015, 06:53 PM
I run Grand Bend pretty much every Thursday eve they are open for lapping days. Which direction will be run? And will there be a different layout each day?

I remember doing the lapping day last year not running the series and thinking to myself the layout headed toward the parked trailers and bathroom looked pretty scary. The loop slows it down and makes things a bit safer!

Grant

Rob McAuley
08-24-2015, 12:51 PM
We'll run the Technical Track without the highly unpopular loop.

Clockwise Saturday, counterclockwise on Sunday.

Dinner will be available at the track on Saturday. Pay at Registration.

Supregs to be posted shortly!

Paul Spriet
08-24-2015, 05:10 PM
Just an FYI

We have added some concrete curbing to the area on the left side of the exit of that kink when running it in reverse. We have also added additional concrete curbing to the left side of the exit of the carousel when running clockwise. We have added some additional curbing to some of the areas that we felt needed more.

Re the portion headed toward the washroom like last year we will have plenty of barrier in place on the roadway in front of the washroom etc.(hay bales and lots of 4'x4' bags full of pop bottles - basically a style of air fence that has been used successfully elsewhere)

Friday is an open lapping day where we will setup the configuration being used on the weekend. Cost is $100 + hst in advance and $125 + tax at the gate.

2TH PWR
08-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Just an FYI

We have added some concrete curbing to the area on the left side of the exit of that kink when running it in reverse. We have also added additional concrete curbing to the left side of the exit of the carousel when running clockwise. We have added some additional curbing to some of the areas that we felt needed more.

Re the portion headed toward the washroom like last year we will have plenty of barrier in place on the roadway in front of the washroom etc.(hay bales and lots of 4'x4' bags full of pop bottles - basically a style of air fence that has been used successfully elsewhere)

Friday is an open lapping day where we will setup the configuration being used on the weekend. Cost is $100 + hst in advance and $125 + tax at the gate.

I plan on being there. Will you be running the reverse as well as the forward?

Paul Spriet
08-27-2015, 04:44 PM
I believe that is Rob's plan. Run it one way Sat the other Sun.

Rob McAuley
08-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Paul is correct.

Paul: Are there plans to switch up the config on the Friday test day to let people try both layouts?