PDA

View Full Version : Details of Shoot out Sept 26

Dave Barker
09-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Here are a few of the changes planned from previous years for this year's shoot out.

We are hoping to give everyone 2 warm up laps rather than just 1 to help those on R comps get some heat in their tires. It will mean that keeping the spacing between cars will be more important then ever but allows R comps to be competitive with street tires.

Also some of the later sessions may be 2 or even 3 laps long with the aggregate time counted. Not only do you have to be fast, you have to be consistently fast.

We plan to have a number of lappers during the day which will give you guys a real audience. I'm sure you can make it interesting.

Slowpoke
09-12-2015, 11:20 AM
For those of us with fuel consumption problems, please budget for 2.5L per lap before allowing us to return to the paddock.

Can I choose to forego the first warm up lap and merge with the traffic starting their second warm-up if I promise to hustle it?

Dave Barker
09-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Can I choose to forego the first warm up lap and merge with the traffic starting their second warm-up if I promise to hustle it?

That will be up to the organizer and the clerk but might work out fine.

2TH PWR
09-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Had I known about several of these changes before I made my end of season plans I would have been more inclined to attend. All year when people would bring it up, I would just say. "silly street tire event" as well as a few other complaints which I am sure no one cares to hear about.

Regardless I only have enough fuel and negotiated time away from the family for one more event and I've chosen to run in the CSCS finale at TMP on the 20th.

So good luck to everyone at the shoot out, try to update social media so we can see what is happening. I will try to do OTA proud at the CSCS event, SGT1 door cards are still there. :D

10gt61
09-18-2015, 03:34 PM
That will be up to the organizer and the clerk but might work out fine.

Shootout sup regs details are being fine tuned.
There will not likely be exceptions made regarding the number of warm up laps - but - there will be greater variety this year which will include various numbers of warm up laps and competition laps!

We have had considerable input into how the shooutout will look and think we have something really exciting and interesting planned, so stay tuned. :)

Slowpoke
09-21-2015, 10:22 AM
Final prep is this week. Please post ASAP!

Please keep in mind that some time attack vehicles are prepped to run a five lap session. I think that adding the extra lap for warm-up is a great idea for those with harder compounds or slicks. However, creating a format that makes you do five of those multi-lap session without allowing re-fueling takes away from the year-long format and turns it into a different kind of endurance competition.

Thanks! Looking forward to it!