PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Road Racing Part Deux

23Racer
09-25-2015, 06:31 PM
In light of all the negative navel gazing in the other thread, has nobody seen and internalized the car counts for the last 3 races?

A very strong number at Calabogie, extremely strong at BEMC and now over 185 for Celebration. There are 54 cars in the Grand Finale. Should be over 35 in the GT3/4/5 races, decent Libre Grids and even a decent 1200 grid when they are supposed to be racing in the US. And all of this is head to head with the Fall Classic at Tremblant that was supposed to decimate the fields here. man if we had a real Radical Race and F1200 race here, we would be easily over 200 cars!!!!!

I know its more fun to talk smack, but how about some praise for the competitors who are all of a sudden coming out to support the CASC and we should figure out why its so freakin' good all of a sudden. Its even pulling strong grids when races are running every 2 weeks, against all existing knowledge. Even with BEMC and CASC doing hardly any promotion, they have scheduled some interesting things or special events during the weekends that are dragging people out. I do understand that the fall races are usually better attended, but I am gobsmacked at the turnout for this weekend. I haven't been in a 54 car grid since an 8 hour ICSCC enduro in about 2003 at Portland International Raceway and I haven't been in a race group at CTMP/Mosport this big since my Firehawk days. Can I say congrats to the organizers of the last 3 race weekends for somehow clicking the good button, without getting blasted. This is fun for me again.

This ol... er, experienced racer is totally stoked to run this Sunday. I really, really want to see how fast I can get this car around that track with the NA Carrera tires on it. Thanks to CASC, BEMC, MCO, BARC, DAC, etc... for giving me the venue sto run my pig and my team mate Mark Clyde's pig in. Awesome way to end the year no matter what happens.

Eric

Stephen
09-25-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking it looks like track record type weather this weekend...let's hope!

Nice positive post, thank you.

Best of luck to everyone this weekend.

Be fast, be safe.

fastnx
09-25-2015, 10:42 PM
That second picture is a good representation of the first hour of the enduro. Good, clean wheel to wheel racing.

This is my 7th year racing and this coming weekend will be the biggest grid I have ever seen.

Can't wait!!!

DavidSim
09-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Basically,

I am happy with things the way they are in GT Sprints (GT3 for me), I will continue to race as long as my health, and my wallet, permit.

I like the atmosphere, I like the people, I like taking my car on the track and giving it a go.

It works for me !

Corner2 Cory
09-27-2015, 01:07 AM
54 cars..!!:eek: That will make for some great pictures..:D

23Racer
09-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Less one. Mine ate another wheel bearing in the first race... Already at home.

A rear one at that.

Eric

DavidSim
09-27-2015, 07:46 PM
>>Less one. Mine ate another wheel bearing in the first race... Already at home.<<

That sucks for sure, you have my sympathy sir.

But what super weather we had this past three days, perfect for racing, we can now all look forward to next year.

I wish everyone well.

LHZAWD
09-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Hey David
appears you mean GT 2 now .... not GT 3 anymore
great progress !

Paul

23Racer
09-27-2015, 10:56 PM
David was wheeling the beast very well. Congrats on the speed and results.

Eric

DavidSim
09-27-2015, 10:59 PM
Hi Paul,

was great meeting you and getting to race with you, you are one of the many nice people I was fortunate to meet this year at the track.

As for GT2 next year, it appears that is my path, I have been getting better at a steady pace and ended up breaking out today for the first time so I guess it had to happen sooner or later. I only have two races under my belt and have a lot to learn, but I will continue along and see where things take me.

My greatest regret is that I did not start 4 wheel racing 50 years ago (literally), but better late than never.

I wish you well Paul, take care and be happy.

DavidSim
09-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Thanks Eric, I appreciate it.

Be happy.

davedarrow
09-28-2015, 06:01 AM
So we checked out Atlantic Motorsports Park last Saturday.

The race director was there even thou it was a BMW club lapping day.

The club owns the track, a lapping day is $80.00 and yes there's a ambulance there.

A regional race is $375.00 and they get 40 to 50 cars total.

for what it's worth

Mike H
09-28-2015, 09:15 AM
54 cars..!!:eek: That will make for some great pictures..:D

54 cars??? How about 19! What happened?

Great weekend of racing though.

racerguy19
09-28-2015, 01:56 PM
I broke a driver side axle shaft in the GT5 race that caused more damage than I could get repaired in time......figures.

Our GT2 truck broke a header in the last GT sprint race....doh!

Not sure what happened to the other 30ish cars.

Steve
#54 GT5