PDA

View Full Version : GT1/2 Celebration Trophy race fiasco.

TerryF
09-28-2015, 01:30 PM
I would like to start a dialogue on who else felt ripped off in that race. We all pay to race for the weekend and all too often end up following the pace car for the bulk of our 'paid for' race time.(Also by the way, the pace car goes way too slow for GT1 cars).
This lost race time isn't a new irritant, it has been going on for years.
I suppose 'the powers that be' decide it is more important for them to keep on schedule, and show no consideration to us drivers.
We don't spend thousands of dollars to be at the track to follow the pace car, the race should be stopped and re-started after the clean up so that we the drivers get what we deserve!!!!!!!!
So what if the race day goes 30 minutes longer than scheduled, and in no way do I wish to create hardship for our valued volunteer marshals, but would they truly mind doing that? We somehow need to do more to show our appreciation of their services. Which is a topic in itself.

Mike H
09-28-2015, 04:00 PM
I agree it sucks to just follow the pace car just as it's equally boring to watch it from the phone stand but...... there were many full course yellows so if we had gone red for all of those the day would have been extended by much more than 30 minutes.
Race control is caught between a rock and a hard place.

TerryF
09-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Thanks Mike for your input, I do actually appreciate the problem. My post was to vent my frustration, particularly because after the clean up we were given a one lap sprint to the end of the race. At race speed we should have had 18 laps, we actually only got 3.
Perhaps science can come up with a quicker way of dealing with spills? Or, give us say 3 more laps instead of one, that would only add another 3 minutes onto the schedule.

Mike H
09-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Good idea Terry. Maybe there should always be a minimum of 3 laps after a red flag. Take that idea to the CASC AGM next month.

Doug P
09-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Thanks Mike for your input, I do actually appreciate the problem. My post was to vent my frustration, particularly because after the clean up we were given a one lap sprint to the end of the race. At race speed we should have had 18 laps, we actually only got 3.
Perhaps science can come up with a quicker way of dealing with spills? Or, give us say 3 more laps instead of one, that would only add another 3 minutes onto the schedule.

Similiar to last years last race with Dylans unfortunate wreck. Lapped under yellow for 15 minutes before race was called finishing under yellow and packing up at 430pm.

Great suggestion Terry, not a huge hit to the schedule. We also had the free bonus 30 minute race at the end of the day finishing at 530 that could have had time taken from.

Cdnstunts
09-30-2015, 02:40 PM
I was watching the race, I felt the drivers were short changed on the race. The race should have run for another 10 laps....:eek:

chrisr
09-30-2015, 05:32 PM
I am not sure penalizing the grids after yours is the right solution to this problem. Isn't this just the nature of racing incidents? The less breakdowns and less incidents - then the more "green" laptimes right?