PDA

View Full Version : WIL at the OTA Shootout

Gwoody27
09-28-2015, 01:39 PM
Great day and event for all. Also outstanding have the SPDA ATTS as a partner, thanks SPDA.

1. Must get a battery jumper pack - thanks SD for the loan of yours to keep me running.
2. DDT is an equalizer track. Look at how many different classes did well and scored very similar PAX times.
3. As if it needs to be said - this is one competitive series with some very very good drivers and cars. Tough to win but the cream always rises to the top.
4. I have watched Carsten get faster and faster every year. He is a very smooth driver with an outstanding and optimized car. Very well deserving of the win.
5. The top 3 were no surprise having been up there all year long. It was so close that only minuscule errors caused a difference in the final results. Well done all.
6. I personally like the shootout format because it provides a different challenge without giving up any of the fun. Partnering with ATTS allowed eliminated cars to continue to lap which is a big plus and should be considered for the future.
7. Once again OTA shines by offering a fun environment for everyone to enjoy. It is populated by good folks who always enjoy themselves. Now on to next year.

alexb29
09-28-2015, 02:59 PM
1. Even when you come to the racetrack alone, you're never really alone.
2. My vendetta with DDT is now over. I can finally enjoy the track without the overwhelming fear of death (thanks to the complete revamp of the track).
3. The RX8 drives like a video game. Seriously. It's uncanny. This thing is gonna be amazing!
4. The RX8, despite being underpowered, will still spin out if you dial-up the rear shocks too far.
5. The infield grass and dirt taste like crap. See #4. I'm still coughing-up sand.
6. I'm pretty sure that whenever I take a new car to DDT, I have to spin it. It's mandatory.
7. Lapping with SPDA after being eliminated was great! As Gary said, please keep it in mind for next year's shootout!
8. Mohammed and his family/friends pack an awesome lunch! Thanks again by the way!
9. I take a long time to pack up. Gary knows this.

IWannaGoFast
09-28-2015, 07:36 PM
1. The shootout is way more fun when you donít take out a cone on the first lap of the first heat
2. The shootout format forces you to get faster and faster each time out
3. Going into the final round in 3rd place is a benefit, as you can go balls out with really nothing to lose
4. Great competition all season long, and it continued into the shootout
5. Its always sad to put the car away for another season

dubya_rx
09-28-2015, 10:29 PM
1. The joy of not being knocked out in the first round! I can only imagine what the top finishers feel.
2. SD going out in the first round helped.
3. Missing a shift doesn't help your cause... but getting larger cajones would probably make up for it.
4. SD has every part imaginable in that big trailer (except an axle nut).
5. Switching back to the stock seat from my "race" seat feels like I'm sitting on a pillow. (Stock seats suck)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxrqdUn-6m8

Greg Campbell
09-29-2015, 02:55 PM
1. Dollar for dollar, the shootout is the most intense amature motorsports event out there.
2. Making a dramatic set up change and rolling up to the shootout completely untested is a huge risk.
3. Mosport is the land of many seasons. We had winter in the morning and back to summer by the afternoon.
4. 4 is my lucky number. I was 4th in the shootout last year, came 4th overall regular season championship for 2015 and 4th in the shootout. Is this a sign that I should change my car number?
5. Getting eliminated is marginally more palatable when your last lap felt like it was all you could give and the times in the final round would have smoked you anyway.
6. My search for a brake pad continues.
7. Glazing your pads = not recommended. See #6.
8. 2015 felt like a year of missed opportunities and many "almost/so close" moments.

dsprongl
09-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Greg have you tried Performance Friction pads?

Dan

Greg Campbell
09-29-2015, 09:36 PM
Greg have you tried Performance Friction pads?

Dan

Yup. Melted. I also really didn't like the feel of the PFC-01s as they felt like a switch (off or lock). The best that has hung on so far is the DTC-70 which are good up to 1,700 degrees.

dsprongl
09-29-2015, 09:50 PM
The PFC 11 compound was pretty good.

Have you tried any Ferodo pads or Pagid?

Dan

Slowpoke
09-30-2015, 03:27 PM
PFC 11 is my favourite so far. Better than the 01's with progressive modulation. Supposedly the 14's might melt your dust boots.

IWannaGoFast
09-30-2015, 05:39 PM
+1 on the PFC 11s

Dave Barker
09-30-2015, 07:41 PM
I have used some Raybestos ST43 pads and Carbotech XP10s this year. The Raybestos are clearly superior in just about every way except rotor wear. Unfortunately they are pricier and much better warmed up.

Where do your guys get your PFC 11s?

dsprongl
09-30-2015, 10:02 PM
I can supply the PFC 11.

Dan

10gt61
10-02-2015, 01:41 PM
WIL
- I can depend on my regular volunteers
- Spectating can be fun
- We have a fun and competitive bunch at OTA
- Good weather and OTA seem to go together
- We had an outstanding display of driving by the winners. Congratulations to the Podium:
Carsten, Kyle and Mohamed :D

Apex177
10-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Wil

1. Setting the rear toe more aggressively may work great on flat tracks, but with the hills and crests at ddt make the car a bit of a handful on the stock suspension
2. Considering my car is 15 years old with many previous owners, it has stood up well but finally given up a weak spot, the diff
3. Rwd without a limited slip diff isn't much fun on track
4. The competition is incredibly tight at our events, can't wait until next year