PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to some very special people from newbie David Sim

DavidSim
10-01-2015, 08:27 PM
A couple of years ago I retired, at that time I decided to pursue some of the things I had dreamed of throughout my life (my wife, children, and career always came first of course). I decided to try Road Racing, didn't know anything about it, in fact I'd never driven a car at anything more than spirited highway speeds. I went to the CASC School at Shannonville on a whim and it opened my eyes to Road Racing, but I realized I needed some help to make it all happen in a safe and proper manner.

I didn't have a race car, didn't have a racing license, didn't really know how to proceed, but I quickly learned that racers are an enthusiastic and helpful bunch, eager to share information to help get me started and help me down the right path. This year it all came together for me, with a Novice racing license in hand, and a car in the garage, I actually made it out to a few races and literally had a BLAST !!!

So many people were involved, you all know who you are and you have my utmost respect and thanks, but I would like to sincerely thank the following people in particular:

Blaise, Penny, Martin, and John at BC Race Cars, for making my car go
Doug Phillips and Chris Lawson for taking me under their wing
Walter and Jessica Sherwin, for being so helpful in so many ways
Joe and Gork at Paragon Competition, for keeping my person safe
Ian Law, Derek and Peter Hanson, for your schools and lapping days
Malcolm Strachan, for coaching me on the finer points of racing
All the Officials, Tracks and great Staff, who give me a place to race

I look forward to 2016, and all the fun it will bring.

I wish everyone well.

Chris Lawson
10-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Thanks David. Class act you are. A fast one at that.

Stephen
10-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Nice to hear you've had such a great first year of road racing with CASC.

We, my wife and I, have been involved for so long that sometimes we forget how thrilling this sport can be, it's nice to hear positive comments from competitors.

Hope you are back next year and for many more.

Doug P
10-02-2015, 09:40 AM
From our delayed road trip (as I dislocated my shoulder falling on my wife) to you blowing past me on the last race of the year its been great to have you around.

One sweet ride, you will give GT2 a run next year for sure.

23Racer
10-02-2015, 12:21 PM
The heck with the rest of the thread. I want to hear more about how Doug fell on his wife!!!!! That sounds like a far better story than anything to do with racing, LOL.

Eric

terrydale
10-03-2015, 08:06 AM
A couple of years ago I retired, at that time I decided to pursue some of the things I had dreamed of throughout my life (my wife, children, and career always came first of course). I decided to try Road Racing, didn't know anything about it, in fact I'd never driven a car at anything more than spirited highway speeds. I went to the CASC School at Shannonville on a whim and it opened my eyes to Road Racing, but I realized I needed some help to make it all happen in a safe and proper manner.
I didn't have a race car, didn't have a racing license, didn't really know how to proceed, but I quickly learned that racers are an enthusiastic and helpful bunch, eager to share information to help get me started and help me down the right path. This year it all came together for me, with a Novice racing license in hand, and a car in the garage, I actually made it out to a few races and literally had a BLAST !!!
So many people were involved, you all know who you are and you have my utmost respect and thanks, but I would like to sincerely thank the following people in particular:

Blaise, Penny, Martin, and John at BC Race Cars, for making my car go
Doug Phillips and Chris Lawson for taking me under their wing
Walter and Jessica Sherwin, for being so helpful in so many ways
Joe and Gork at Paragon Competition, for keeping my person safe
Ian Law, Derek and Peter Hanson, for your schools and lapping days
Malcolm Strachan, for coaching me on the finer points of racing
All the Officials, Tracks and great Staff, who give me a place to race

I look forward to 2016, and all the fun it will bring.
I wish everyone well.

David, that is the story that needs to get out!!! All of the doom and gloomers sometimes seem to forget why we all do this. We are passionate supporters of something that gives us huge pleasure. After 52+ years as a CASC Club member; started racing in 1967; and have participated in pretty much every form of motorsport from all sides - the very best part for me after all these years remains the people I have met and the friends I have made. Even though the jobs I do in motorsport are sometimes not always performed in the happiest situations, I can honestly say that I can walk up to 99 1/2% of the people I have met in motorsport and shake their hands in friendship and with mutual respect.

And, at the end of the day, from a 'Motorsports Lifer', that is what it is all about! And that is the story that we all have to work very hard on getting out! Is the glass half full or half empty? Are you looking for ways that we can - or for all of the reasons why we cannot?

David, well said. And glad you found out about our little secret and are having so much fun!! :)

terrydale
10-03-2015, 08:09 AM
The heck with the rest of the thread. I want to hear more about how Doug fell on his wife!!!!! That sounds like a far better story than anything to do with racing, LOL. Eric

And I am with Eric!

".......as I dislocated my shoulder falling on my wife."

Seriously? Now that is a story just waiting to be told!!! :D

DavidSim
10-03-2015, 08:24 AM
>>David, well said. And glad you found out about our little secret and are having so much fun!!<<

Thank you Terry, and everyone else who responded, I appreciate it.

See you in 2016.