PDA

View Full Version : Earning a trophy?

TerryF
10-04-2015, 08:03 PM
It has puzzled me for years and I have never thought to ask the question until now.
Why are trophies only earned as a result of one race over the weekend? Would it not be fairer to award them based on the points scored over the three races, just like the formula used to evaluate a class champion at year end?
Just asking!

MarkoPolo1
10-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Very good question

DavidSim
10-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Would this add an extra burden to the people doing the scoring during an event ?

Terry's recommendation is how they score Motocross races I believe.

TerryF
10-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Now David, this isn't rocket science is it?

Shark
10-05-2015, 11:21 AM
I suspect it comes down to time spent calculating the points. I know it's not rocket science but it's an extra job where time is not available. And...

sometimes there are protests and penalties where the stewards are involved and trophies get re- assigned, penalties get awarded...

Terry, ask the Handsome One, I know everything.:D

AlfaKen
10-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Isn't the Sunday afternoon considered the "feature race" hence the trophy? The others are the preliminary races to determine starting position in the feature.

TerryF
10-06-2015, 12:47 PM
It is open for debate Ken, no system is perfect. What happens when a Trans Am car uses just Sunday for test and practice occasionally, we the regular 'club guy' supporters don't stand a prayer then.
This isn't a 'whine' from a trophy hunter, I race purely for the fun and friendship that brings like minded people together.
Just wondering if there is a better way of recognizing the drivers for their weekends results.

DavidSim
10-06-2015, 05:19 PM
>>Just wondering if there is a better way of recognizing the drivers for their weekends results.<<

How about giving some points to people that show up; the people that compete regularly will get an added boost to their points total by year's end.

That is all.

AlfaKen
10-06-2015, 05:30 PM
VARAC Championship POINTS
5 points for starting the race – Saturday race and Sunday afternoon feature race
5 points for finishing the race – Saturday race and Sunday afternoon feature race
3 points for class win – Saturday race and Sunday afternoon feature race
2 points for 2nd in class – Saturday race and Sunday afternoon feature race
1 points for 3rd in class – Saturday race and Sunday afternoon feature race
Points are accumulated on a unique Driver, Car, Class combination
Competitors re-classified during the season will keep participation points (only, not podium) earned to date
Competitors who have not submitted a VARAC Car Eligibility Form at the time of the event will not receive championship points for that event. Competitors have an opportunity to submit their form before the next event to have points re-calculated for the previous one event. (Prior events to the last event will not be re-calculated.)

TTFC Scoring
10-07-2015, 04:23 PM
VARAC Classic and Vintage/Historic only receive one trophy per class for the feature race.

Are 3 trophies per CASC Class for each weekend that necessary anymore.
Would it make more sense to increase the number of year-end Overall Championship trophies from top 3 to top 5 or 6?

Just throwing out ideas.

Thanks, Ralph