PDA

View Full Version : Can I run two different cars in different classes in GT Sprints ?

DavidSim
10-12-2015, 01:56 PM
If I have two cars for GT Sprints, that would run in two different classes (e.g. GT2 and GT4), could I alternate between them on different race weekends throughout the season ?

Could I alternate between the two cars on the same weekend if I chose to do so (assuming I sign up as such, pay all the necessary entry fees, etc.) ?

Could I race them both in both classes on the same weekend if the grids were split (e.g. GT1/2, GT3/4/5) ?

Would I accumulate points in both classes too for any or all of the above scenarios ?

Doug P
10-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Points are points in your classes regardless of car. I for think overall championship carries points from different classes.

If grid was split you would not have time to get into gt4 car at pregrid.

Better to consider getting mustang prepped and approved for Varac and run it in G90

DavidSim
10-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the reply Doug, I appreciate it.

After I am done the car may not be VARAC compliant so I want to keep all my options open.

Take care, be happy.

Doug P
10-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the reply Doug, I appreciate it.

After I am done the car may not be VARAC compliant so I want to keep all my options open.

Take care, be happy.

G90 should work for you. Not sure what you could do to it that would not be compliant.

Doug P
10-12-2015, 03:20 PM
The main thing is for you to be able to run multiple grids in the same day as a Sprint grid your options are VARAC or Challange if they still have a grid in the spring.

DavidSim
10-12-2015, 04:08 PM
>>Not sure what you could do to it that would not be compliant<<

Late model non Ford engine perhaps.

TerryF
10-13-2015, 11:44 AM
How about resurrecting the old Special GT race (only old folks will remember what that is). It was a Formula Libre for sedans for the younger ones information.
No classes, open to any sedan that had run in the Sprints that weekend, for no extra entry fee. No points just fun.

Doug P
10-13-2015, 11:51 AM
How about resurrecting the old Special GT race (only old folks will remember what that is). It was a Formula Libre for sedans for the younger ones information.
No classes, open to any sedan that had run in the Sprints that weekend, for no extra entry fee. No points just fun.

Great idea. I was not around then but it sounds a lot like what they did on last weekend for the free 30 minute race. Almost 60 registered!

I would even suggest a small donation to charity for each entry.

Chris Lawson
10-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Yes

If grid was split you would not have time to get into gt4 car at pregrid.

If you had someone bring the car up to the grid for you, and take your other car to the paddock, you may have just enough time!

Doug P
10-13-2015, 12:08 PM
If you had someone bring the car up to the grid for you, and take your other car to the paddock, you may have just enough time!

I suppose if you stopped in the hot pit and jumped wall into second car.

You have to make 3 minute board or start at the back.

fast Ed
10-14-2015, 11:25 PM

Terry, I seem to recall us paying a small fee to run the second class as well. Don't remember the amount in comparison to the main entry fee, but it was certainly very reasonable for the extra track time.

cheers
Ed

TerryF
10-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Good to hear from you Ed, it's been awhile. I have no objection to paying for extra track time (I was trying to get it for free), but perhaps it could be used to give back to the marshals in some way, they sure deserve something.

racerguy19
10-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey Ed I think that would be a great idea! Maybe a 50/50 draw for the marshals each weekend with the rest going to yearly needs or equipment for them.

Steve
GT5

racerguy19
10-15-2015, 12:14 PM
David! You sound like you want to have a busy season next year!!

Steve
#54 GT5

DavidSim
10-15-2015, 12:54 PM
Hi Steve,

really looking forward to next year for sure, at my age I have to get as much seat time as possible (as quickly as possible).

I wish you well Steve, be happy.