10-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Time Attack Division Workshop and Awards Luncheon

Saturday November 7th 2015
Sheraton Parkway Hotel

Workshop 9:00am
Room: TBA

Buffet Luncheon and Awards Ceremonies: 1:00pm
Room: TBA

After the Time Attack & Auto Slalom morning workshops, there will be a combined trophy & award presentations at a buffet style luncheon.

Please RSVP your division Director if you are planning on attending.

Congratulations to all the competitors who competed this year. Many heartfelt thanks to all the volunteers who assisted in making the Championship Series a Success.

If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Ball timeattack(at)casc.on.ca

10gt61
10-17-2015, 02:27 PM
The following is a list of OTA award recipients and volunteers.
If you are on this list you are entitled to 2 free tickets to the Luncheon and Awards Ceremony.
BUT - I must know ahead of time if you will be attending!
Please RSVP me on this forum, private message, email, whatever, but let me know so we can make the appropriate arrangements.
If you are not on the list and think you should be (it is possible I missed someone!), please do let me know. Otherwise you can still purchase tickets and attend - and it is much less this year ($35.00/ticket I believe).
Congrats to all and I think it will be a nice change from previous years and an enjoyable gathering.

2015 OTA Award Recipients
Michael Gardner
Mohamed Hussain
Kyle Beaty
James Fung
Alessandro Belardo
Carsten Gieschen
Miles Markovic
Martin Gdyczynski
James Fung
Dave Barker
Greg Campbell
Walter Brooks
Gary Wood
Sean McPhee
Ron Billings
Jeremy Brutzki
Alan Choi
George Ho
Rick Arbour
Albert Ribeiro

Volunteers
R. Hall
G. Wood
G. Carvalho
D. Barker
S. Deneka
W. Parsons
P. Rautanen
J. Paczynski
G. Campbell
D. Cormier
C. Atkins
R. McAuley
C. Gieschen
S. Murfin
P. Lefebvre

2TH PWR
10-19-2015, 01:28 PM
Michael Gardner RSVP +1 Guest.

What is the expected attire?

Do we attend the workshop or just the awards luncheon?

Grant Galloway
10-19-2015, 01:38 PM
What is the workshop about?

As a rookie in the series, would this be worth attending?

Grant

wparsons
10-19-2015, 02:11 PM
The workshop is open to competitors, and is directed at talking through potential changes for the next season. No firm decisions are made on that day, but it is a venue to voice concerns, bring up suggestions, etc.

Value would be based on if you have any thoughts on what could be improved or not. I'd argue every competitor's voice is valuable, but if you're not looking to bring anything up then you might not find it as valuable.

alexb29
10-19-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm definitely in! Alessandro Belardo+1!

ONdriver
10-19-2015, 04:39 PM
In a recent OTA planning meeting we briefly discussed the iPAX proposal and the impact. While the forum survey responses favor the adoption of iPAX (and a reduction in the number of classes) there are some implications to reducing the number of classes that have not been fully articulated in the forum discussion.

I think we would benefit from more conversation/debate on this topic and would encourage anyone who has not chimed in with their thoughts to do so. In addition to this forum discussion, iPAX will be an agenda topic at the November 7th OTA workshop.

Please continue to "let the pigeons loose"

Thanks.

Quoting Greg from the other thread here, if you have opinions regarding the possible implementation of individual PAX or "iPAX" you would likely be wise to attend!

Slowpoke
10-19-2015, 07:59 PM
RSVPing alone, unless someone wants to be my date.

k.beaty
10-20-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm in +1. Well, +2 if you count Deneka.

wparsons
10-20-2015, 04:02 PM
RSVPing alone, unless someone wants to be my date.

After seeing the survey results, I think I'll be coming with a body guard :D

I'll be there, no +1.

scorcherjf
10-20-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm in +1!

Chuck Atkins
10-21-2015, 04:21 PM
I'll be there on my own. Thanks Kelly.

10gt61
10-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Michael Gardner RSVP +1 Guest.

What is the expected attire?

Do we attend the workshop or just the awards luncheon?

Attire - casual smart
Workshop - competitors are welcome if they like

dubya_rx
10-24-2015, 10:42 PM
Walter +1

achoi168
10-25-2015, 07:28 AM
I'll be there.

Alan +1

10gt61
10-26-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm in +1!

Great - but I don't know who you are by your forum name! :eek:

wparsons
10-26-2015, 03:38 PM
^^ James Fung.

John P
10-26-2015, 04:49 PM
2 please.

JohnP

scorcherjf
10-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Great - but I don't know who you are by your forum name! :eek:
haha sorry about that! yes, James + 1 (as Will pointed out, thanks!)

dubya_rx
11-06-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm new to this... does the workshop for Time Attack really go from 9am to 1pm followed by the banquet?

John P
11-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Workshop starts at 9:00am, but not sure how long it will last. Luncheon is at 1:00pm so there is a lot of time for workshop.

Bring some change ideas, to discuss.

JohnP

10gt61
11-06-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm new to this... does the workshop for Time Attack really go from 9am to 1pm followed by the banquet?

The OTA workshop goes from 9:00 to 12:00. We may be finished before 12:00. Then there is a break to set up for the luncheon and awards presentations. The lunch starts at 1:00. That's it for OTA. If you'd like, there is also a RACE banquet that evening.

John P
11-06-2015, 06:04 PM
At the workshop we will review your Car Classification comments from the Competitor Survey, to start idea generation (Handout).

Here are ideas posted earlier for discussion;

1. To allow easier optimization, split the front seat modification, 1 bPIP to .5 bPIP's for each front seat. Take .5 if add a fixed back driver's seat, and take .5 bPIP if remove the front passenger seat, or add fixed back passenger seat.

2. Increase the requirement for Race Weight from "Greater than 4 bPIPs" to "greater than 5 or even 6 bPIPs", to simplify competitor Approval process.

3. Add authorized modification of the rear bumper cover to allow for exhaust piping.

4. Aerodynamic improvement; removal of rear bumper skin any different than the authorized mod as 1 PIP.

5. Add sections to Rules, aero section to allow splitter greater than 4Ē away from the carís body outline as 2 PIPs, and rear wings more than 4Ē as 3 PIPs.

6. Potentially bring BP PAX closer to regular PAX as the times required for faster cars are really fast. Donít have a definite % change yet.

7. Scoring discussion of iPAX vs PAX.

8. Combining classes discussion.

See you tomorrow.

JohnP