PDA

View Full Version : Wet/rain tires

xyz999
11-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking to pick up a set of 16" wheels to run a set of rain tires for next year. I do not know much about racing wets, so I hope more experienced people can chime in on this:

- What tire options are there? Are they available to us in Canada? is 16" tire a common size? I am looking at 16" x 7 - 8.5" wheels to clear my calipers, but I run 15x9.5 with Hoosiers. Presumably I don't need to go very wide for racing wets to work?

- I heard from a few guys that it's more economical to buy a used set of wets from competitive teams at a discounted price. It makes sense to me too since I am not looking for ultra performance and don't mind if the older tires don't perform as well as the brand new one (as long as they still work). Is that a good idea? How old is consider too old? Can anybody expand on that?

Thanks,
Jonathan

ScotcH
11-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Lots of used 17" Conti wets around. 15" also available as the MINIs run them in CTCC. You could try posting on the CTCC facebook page, see if anyone is selling a set.

xyz999
11-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Is there any series that run on 16" wheels? 17" is too tall for me. No 15" wheel will fit my car, unless CCW or Keizer.