PDA

View Full Version : Exciting 2016 Season at Calabogie Motorsports Park!!!

terrydale
11-10-2015, 03:11 PM
2016 is going to be a very exciting year at Calabogie Motorsports Park!!

First, there are two CASC Regional Championship Races - a TWO DAY Race Event - the Inaugural 'Kyle Nash Memorial Regional Race Weekend' on June 4/5 for GT Sprints, GT Challenge, Formula Libre and Radicals. Also on the schedule, something that will be announced next week!! Stay tuned!!

Second, the Motorsport Club of Ottawa's traditional Ted Powell Race for all CASC Regional Championship Race Groups on August 27/28.

There will be a season opening race event on May 14/15 for several pro race series that will be announced in the next few days. Also on that schedule is an Invitational Non-Championship GT Sprints and Formula Libre Program with lots of track time.

And more to come!!!

Calabogie Motorsports Park - www.calabogiemotorsports.com>

No more excuses!! :D

Doug P
11-10-2015, 07:11 PM
At the race meeting the first event was shown as a single day event so people could tow home Sunday.

terrydale
11-10-2015, 10:36 PM
At the race meeting the first event was shown as a single day event so people could tow home Sunday.

Doug

We stepped up and offered to run a CASC Regional Championship Race when it looked like the first scheduled CASC Regional race was going to be early May and the second one was going to be late June. That was going to leave a gap of 7-8 weeks between races.

Calabogie had already built a Pro Weekend for May 14/15 with solid commitments from the series involved confirming that the weekend would be their Season Opener Events - read as "Really Big Show'.

Despite that, and not seeing anyone else stepping up to fill the gap for the regional racers, CMP/MCO offered to organize a one day Regional Championship Race for GT Sprint, GT Challenge, Formula Libre and Radical classes. That would also allow for two race events at Calabogie Motorsports Park in 2016 instead of only one in late August.

A one day event for four classes with entries based on historical precedence would look like:
GT Sprint = 12 cars
GT Challenge = 12 cars
Formula Libre = 15 cars
Radical = 15 cars
Total entry realistically expected would be 54 cars. Match that against the hard cost for the event and it spells negative numbers/financial disaster.

We looked at a few different ways to generate revenue to help the numbers work out to at least maybe break even including running a track day on Sunday along with a second race for the Radicals. The numbers still didn't work out.

Then, a major Series came to us (announcement next week) and asked to be a part of the weekend. All of a sudden, the financial picture turned much brighter. It meant that the weekend would now be a two day event with lots of track time for everyone. GT Challenge would remain as the traditional one day on Saturday.

Some have expressed delight that they can now tow down and stay for the second day. Most have indicated that towing a long way for a one day event is less than ideal. Frankly, we surely can't expect to have any fewer than the 54 cars we anticipated having for the one day.

The schedule is going to allow for a great event with lots of track time and enough time between sessions to allow for getting the car ready or pulled in if need be. There will be a lot of additional excitement and activity on the weekend - including track rides and lots more.

I have tried to explain how we got to where we are. It was done with all good intentions, trying to offer racers a good event at a fantastic race track.

Not an easy task.............but we are trying! :)

23Racer
11-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Great explanation of how it all came to be and it makes sense, at least to me, LOL. As I have a really hard time setting aside 5 days to do a race weekend, I think the 1 day GT Challenge thing works for me. I am going to try to be there for the end of August weekend.

Eric

wings2k
11-11-2015, 10:10 AM
It doesn't have to be 5 days if you are doing GT Challenge. You can leave Friday afternoon, run the GT Challenge on Saturday and leave Sunday morning. :)

23Racer
11-11-2015, 10:21 AM
It doesn't have to be 5 days if you are doing GT Challenge. You can leave Friday afternoon, run the GT Challenge on Saturday and leave Sunday morning. :)

That's what I just said, LOL. That's why I like the whole GT Challenge concept. I can tow up Friday late afternoon, race Saturday and tow home Saturday night. A long weekend, but doable. I once towed down from Vancouver to Thunderhill ran the car Saturday morning during the 24 hour, had the car grenade and loaded up and towed all the way back to Vancouver Saturday night/ Sunday morning straight. A bit tired afterwards.

Eric

wings2k
11-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Right, so come June 4th too! :D

ScotcH
11-11-2015, 11:54 AM
Man, you guys a pansies :D CTCC we often have test day on Thursday, practice and quali on Friday, and races Saturday and Sunday. Toronto Indy move in is on WEDNESDAY!

Get your asses over to CMP ... you'll love the track and the event!

23Racer
11-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Arek, some of us have jobs, LOL. There are reasons why some of us can't race in the CTCC.

Eric

Civic EF
11-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Also on the schedule, something that will be announced next week!! Stay tuned!!

What's the announcement??! anxiously waiting..

terrydale
11-21-2015, 04:20 PM
What's the announcement??! anxiously waiting..

Sooooooooooo..............The "Kyle Nash Memorial Regional Race Weekend at Calabogie Motorsports Park" on June 4 & 5, 2016 will include the following:

* Canadian Touring Car Championship (CTCC) - Two 45 minute races!
* CASC Formula Libre Championship - Two Day, 105 minutes of track time!
* CASC GT Challenge - One day - Saturday, one hour race, 100 minutes of track time!!
* CASC GT Sprint - Two Days, 3 X 20 minute races plus Sunday Warmup!! 105 minutes of track time!
* CASC Radical - Extra Special - Two Days, 3 X 30 minute races, 135 minutes track time! Special program negotiated with Radical Canada!!!

* The schedule will have lots of gap to allow for two drivers running the same car in GT Sprints and GT Challenge!!
* Special Noon Hour Pace Car Ride Program!!
* And lots more!!!

Coming??!? :D

Civic EF
11-22-2015, 12:34 PM
YEESSSS, that's what I was hoping to hear, thanks Terry, see you there!

terrydale
11-22-2015, 02:52 PM
YEESSSS, that's what I was hoping to hear, thanks Terry, see you there!

Awesome!!

Tell your friends!!! :D

Terry