PDA

View Full Version : One Day Weekend Preference

Slowpoke
11-13-2015, 10:27 AM
If OTA has to choose a single weekend day to rent a track, either for a school (where you will enter as a student or volunteer to instruct) or for an event you will compete at, what do you prefer? Saturdays, Sundays, or alternating?

Please select ONE option from 1 to 3, and one option from 4 and 5.

Thanks!

Dave Barker
11-14-2015, 02:46 AM
Single day events at SMP (or CMP or Grand Bend for that matter) would be a real PITA. OTOH, full weekend at TMP would be boring.

I certainly prefer having a whole weekend rather than single day but have trouble saying avoid single day events "at all costs"

10gt61
11-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Single day events at SMP (or CMP or Grand Bend for that matter) would be a real PITA. OTOH, full weekend at TMP would be boring.

I certainly prefer having a whole weekend rather than single day but have trouble saying avoid single day events "at all costs"

I tend to agree with Dave. I know this poll is about single day weekends, but my own preferences are 2 day weekends at SMP or GBR, 1 or 2 day at CTMP and 1 day at TMP.

Grant Galloway
11-14-2015, 10:26 PM
I plan to attend the TMP event, the two at the DDT and the two at SMP.

One day event at TMP is enough, especially with only one configuration run.

This will be my first full year of competition, I like that the schedule has been shortened; as it will be more cost effective and hopefully draw a bigger crowd.

I'm a little nervous about running the Grand Prix track, so I will skip that one.

Grant

wparsons
11-15-2015, 10:35 AM
I'm a little nervous about running the Grand Prix track, so I will skip that one.

Grant

Not to derail the conversation, but the GP track isn't scary if you approach it with respect and take time to learn it before going at 100%. I'd definitely suggest getting out there at some point even if it's just for a lapping day, or for the MIR school to give it a chance.

10gt61
11-15-2015, 11:55 AM
Not to derail the conversation, but the GP track isn't scary if you approach it with respect and take time to learn it before going at 100%. I'd definitely suggest getting out there at some point even if it's just for a lapping day, or for the MIR school to give it a chance.

Indeed the GP Track should be respected, but our school and our instructors will prepare you for it if you would like to give it a try.
Having said that, our best 5 of 6 event schedule for 2016 allows for some leeway in your choice of events.

jimmo-san
11-15-2015, 05:06 PM
For those of us who live outside the GTA (and maybe even for those who live in the GTA) a two-event weekend is easier to justify to ourselves (and/or spouse, significant other, family, dog, cat, etc.)

e.g. lapping at OTA School #2 followed by the event at CTMP MIR, HPDE day at CMP followed by the event at CMP

Here's a crazy idea: how about co-ordinating with CSCS to have a CSCS event at TMP on Saturday, followed by an OTA event on Sunday (or vice-versa)? Some CSCS and some OTA competitors might sign up for both events.

Alternatively, an HPDE day at TMP followed by the OTA event.

LVPBMW
11-15-2015, 10:56 PM
By far my vote goes to a 2-day event at Mosport (CTMP). The logistics of getting a car prepped and to the track, 2 days makes it worth it. Plus I prefer that track over the flatter ones (DDT, TMP, etc.).