PDA

View Full Version : WOSCA 2016 Summer autoslalom series

darcyw
11-24-2015, 12:55 AM
HOT OFF THE PRESSES and just posted to WOSCA.ca from Kevin, WOSCA Auto slalom director...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey All,
Negotiations have come to an end and I am pleased to announce the following:

2016 WOSCA Summer Slalom Series
Locations: Hiawatha Horse Park, Sarnia ON (7 Events) & Fanshawe College, London ON (1 Event)
Dates: Sunday 10 April 2016, Sunday 08 May 2016, Sunday 05 June 2016, Sunday 03 July 2016, Sunday 07 August 2016, Sunday 28 August 2016, Saturday 17 September 2016, Sunday 02 October 2016
Scoring: Best 5 of 8 events
Times: TBD
Rules/PAX factors: As usual, adopted from CASC (which follows ASN FIA, which follows SCCA)

Unfortunately, I had to act immediately and choose available dates as presented to me. This means several complications. For example, May 8th is Mother’s Day. July 3rd is the Sunday of a long weekend, Friday being Canada Day. The above dates may (or may not) conflict with other Ontario/US based club events, the Ontario CASC-OR Regional AutoSlalom Series and/or the Time Attack Series. At this time, to my knowledge (and I could be wrong), only one series has their dates set which is Regional Time Attack. Other than that, I have nothing to compare our dates with. It looks like the only conflict with that series might be on June 5th as their schedule says “June 4th or 5th.” If/when we are canvassed to host a potential CASC-OR Provincial date, we can and will host one on one of the above dates if logistics dictate.

I’ll keep this thread updated as new information comes to light.

Kevin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOSCA was fortunate to use the Hiawatha site 7 years ago or so and kept a great relationship with the owner for 3 years. We lost the site due to a less than savoury character- who wasn't even competing- doing a massive burnout leaving the site:eek:. He was not associated with our event at all but wanted to show us how awesome his IROC was:mad:.

At any rate, Kevin worked diligently and his dedication showed by securing this location. We are truly indebted to both Kevin, and Hiawatha. If all goes well, we hope to establish a long term relationship with Hiawatha, providing stability to our venue- much like TLMC has with their property owner.

I know Sarnia is a hike for some, but this will provide a great venue for south western ontario competitors. We used to attract a regular crowd from Michigan as well. See you in the spring- which is very long time from now.

darcy

mikewolf
11-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Thats awesome. That was a pretty good lot. Glad wosca is no longer homeless.

Lynam55
11-24-2015, 11:47 AM
Sweet deal I am sure I will make it to 1 or 2 of the events next year.

sjd
11-24-2015, 12:37 PM
- much like TLMC has with their property owner.

Hey, don't jinx us! :p

I look forward to making the trip out to Sarnia next season. :)

Saj5DJ
11-25-2015, 10:39 AM
Good stuff. Nice job guys!

redneckdzl
12-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Sounds awesome, good job guys

darcyw
03-23-2016, 09:49 PM
To keep the slalom seasons in one spot, here is the link to WOSCA's summer slalom series. Our first event is April 10, 2016- that's just 2 weeks away!

http://wosca.ca/events/

see you there.

darcy

darcyw
04-11-2016, 10:31 PM
It may be called a "summer" series, but our first event on April 10th was anything but summery. but with temps at -9 with the windchill, we still hosted over 2 dozen competitors.:)

check out what we got to do at the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytiKu2_avI4

till next time

darcy

mikewolf
04-12-2016, 10:30 AM
That's a great video. I'm guessing times didn't drop a lot as the day went on.