PDA

View Full Version : Officials Needed for 2016 Race Season!!

terrydale
12-26-2015, 03:03 PM
There are many opportunities for someone who doesn't have a car OR who does but wants to give back and invest some time in learning more about a race event from 'The Other Side'! ;)

The Calabogie Motorsports Park 'Evening Challenge Programs' - GT Challenge, Libre Challenge and Platinum Series - all operate every event with a five person Operations Team Staff that includes - Operating Steward, Starter, Pit Lane Marshal, False Grid Marshal, Pace Car Driver plus a Chief Steward. For the past several years, we have had a group of around 15 Officials who rotate through the various positions throughout the season typically covering 4-8 events each around their own schedule. The races are usually in the evening from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM so it is easy to come out at the end of a day, work as a Race Official and then get back home in time for Forensic Files! :)

Also at CMP in 2016 there are three major race events - in May, June and August - that require race officials in a few more areas and usually over a 2-3 day weekend. Training is available and working either the weekend events or the CMP Evening Challenge Events can lead to receiving a Race Officials License from CASC/OR or LASQ after meeting the requirements.

Its fun, challenging and very satisfying. Racers simply cannot run without a race operations team in place and doing what is required to make things safe and in compliance with the rules and regulations.

Want to know more? Drop me a note and I'll put you in touch with the Team Leader in the area you think you might be interested in for more details. You do not need to have any experience - full training and support is provided!

Looking forward to hearing from you!! :)

terrydale
01-17-2016, 09:01 AM
Its easier to get involved than you think!!

Drop me a note and ask me - "How easy is it?" :D