PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Competitor

Shark
01-09-2016, 11:51 AM
I was sent this letter by a competitor's father. I am posting this with his permission. I want to try and put out the positive, " silent majority" thoughts that people have...
Read as follows .................

Ray you can forward or post wherever you like.

Perspective From The Outside Watching CASC For A Year.

I thought I'd write this letter to Ray for all at CASC to see with my own opinions on how CASC operates and ultimately your value for the money.
Last year was my son's first year of real Auto Racing in the GT sprints series, after 5 years of Karting it was time to move on to something new. We started building our own car two years earlier from a 85 BMW to better appreciate all the work and effort that goes into this hobby and sport. I say hobby because that's what it is for us. I'm mentioning this because its important to say that CASC has been over the top with help and insight from questions about building the car , going through tech the first time, participating in the race school, our first practice and first race. Never have we been mistreated, yelled at, made to feel stupid although I'm sure we've asked some stupid questions.
What I want to point out is what a jewel you have here compared to other racing organizations. Coming from snowmoblie racing, dirtbike, and karting this organization is a class act. Specifically safety vs the cost of racing fees. I see at CASC events two real ambulances with parmedics, marshall stations with 3-4 people, 5-10 people working in pit lane staging and marshalling. Not to mention the stewards and officials in the tower. No other form of racing do you get this kind of support. Over my years in racing I've seen kids with flags trying to pull karts of tracks, cameramen working as marshals moving snowmobiles, track owners running out to incidents just to avoid lawsuits, St John ambulance drivers to afraid to go out on a track to support and incident. With fees in Karts at $900 for Nationals and $700 for a race Eastern Canadian Karting Championship race, $500 with a dinner on Saturday isn't so bad for a CASC event. I just want to point out that next time you have an issue with the fees we pay really take the time to look at what you get because these other forms of motorsport no cheaper (sometimes more expensive)
and their organizations don't provide anywhere near the support.
For our money just the safety support alone is worth the money when you put this in perspective you wouldn't want to race anywhere else.

Regards Bill Goulbourne

DavidSim
01-09-2016, 01:47 PM
I couldn't agree more with Bill, my sentiments exactly.

Sometimes we do not realize how lucky we are in this day and age to have such wonderful Organizations, Clubs, and volunteers, happily working on our behalf to put on great events at the super tracks we have here in Ontario.

The bottom line for me is simply having fun, with like minded people, I get that in spades both on and off the track.

I wish everyone well and look forward to seeing you at the races in 2016.

Shark
01-09-2016, 04:03 PM
The silent majority speaks out.

Thanks David.

I look forward to an awesome upcoming season...:D:D:D

23Racer
01-11-2016, 08:52 AM
I have been fortunate to have raced at many different levels and with many different organizations. I have also been racing since, cough, cough 1981 and I still enjoy racing in CASC Events.

For the first time in years, I can hardly wait for the first event on May 14th as we are bringing all 3 cars out for the first GT Challenge race under the new rules. I just need a 2 digit number for Malcolm in the RX7, LOL. The program for our team this year is going to be fun and I love the fact that we have a place to apply it. Man, I hate the politics. I just want to go racing.

Eric

terrydale
01-11-2016, 10:47 AM
i have been fortunate to have raced at many different levels and with many different organizations. I have also been racing since, cough, cough 1981 and i still enjoy racing in casc events.
For the first time in years, i can hardly wait for the first event on may 14th as we are bringing all 3 cars out for the first gt challenge race under the new rules. I just need a 2 digit number for malcolm in the rx7, lol. The program for our team this year is going to be fun and i love the fact that we have a place to apply it. Man, i hate the politics. I just want to go racing.
Eric

Amen!!! :)

Let's go racin''! :)

Shark
01-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Yes... it's time we all start talking about all the good things instead of maybe the odd bad thing... ( of which in all my years, have yet to see )

Terry, for one has been the most positive about racing that I have seen.

I'm taking a page from Terry's handbook...:D

racerguy19
01-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Bill, I agree with you totally! Last year was my first year and I had a blast! There was always someone who answered my "rookie" questions and all the people at CASC were more than helpfully in getting me on track from the office to the registration to timing and all the marshals!

I cannot wait to start my second year with CASC, keep up the great job!!

Steve Harding
Cornerstone Courier Racing
GT Sprints, GT5 #54

Comp89
01-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Love it,
I have been racing CASC events for many years and have great respect & admiration for the races organisers & all the volunteers....

Stephen
01-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Like 23Racer, I too started racing in 1981(gulp) and have been involved pretty consistently since, with a short hiatus while we went karting with our son. When he started in F1200 in 2011 and then FF1600 from 2012 onward, we have felt like we were back home. It's a family thing for us and we feel that a lot of our 'family' is at the track.

I have compared entry fee costs to other series, in the States and England, and feel this is the best bang for our dollar. We feel safe and cared for by all who make the races possible.

I can't wait for the 2016 race season to start!