PDA

View Full Version : Date change!! Mco's ted powell race!!!

terrydale
01-22-2016, 07:33 PM
There is a date change for MCO's CASC/OR Regional Race at Calabogie Motorsports Park!!!!

The new dates for this event will be:
Saturday August 20 and Sunday August 21

The test day will be Friday August 19.

Any questions, contact race organizer Mike Nilson @ <roadrace@mco.org>

Mike H
01-25-2016, 02:56 PM
As an MMS marshal I was planning on attending since there was no conflicting event at CTMP. It has now been moved to the same weekend as the Superbikes at CTMP. I thought the event had finally been planned when there was no conflict with other events...I'm disappointed.

terrydale
01-25-2016, 05:16 PM
As an MMS marshal I was planning on attending since there was no conflicting event at CTMP. It has now been moved to the same weekend as the Superbikes at CTMP. I thought the event had finally been planned when there was no conflict with other events...I'm disappointed.

Mike, believe me - this wasn't something that was taken lightly. To move an event one week from its traditional date is a huge deal. There was a good reason for doing it and we certainly didn't make that move to intentionally annoy our boosters and supporters.

Our priority when we considered the move was to ensure that CASC/OR Regional racers were not affected.
Here is what we looked at:
July 9-10 - DAC SMP
Then 3 weeks later
July 30-31 - BARC CTMP
Then 3 weeks later
August 20-21 - MCO CMP
Then 4 weeks later
September 17-18 - BEMC CTMP
Then 2 weeks later
October 1-2 - Celebration CTMP

We have seen marshals start putting MCO's Ted Powell Event on their season calendar and last year we had flaggers from all over North America who came in just for the event. That was awesome and very much appreciated. Just as larger numbers of CMP marshals are traveling to other tracks like CTMP, Montreal, Le Circuit, Watkins Glen and more - so too are marshals spending time with us at Calabogie at one of the major events scheduled there.

In 2016, we have three to chose from: Pro Weekend May 14-15; CASC/OR Regional June 4-5; CASC/OR Regional August 20-21. At any one of them we promise that i) you will be well looked after; ii) you will have a blast working at a 21 turn 5.05km long world-class race track; and iii) you will be headed home Sunday night looking forward to coming back to the next event.

Nobody wants to make it difficult for someone to attend an event. Hopefully, we will see you at possibly the June event. I promise you a good time!! :D

Thanks for the feedback.

Terry Dale
Race Director