PDA

View Full Version : Challenge classes & Tire suppliers

B.Mitch
02-24-2016, 01:05 PM
When are you going to post rules and classes for Challenge series and do we have discounts for tires? Which brands and which suppliers?

Director
02-24-2016, 03:02 PM
When are you going to post rules and classes for Challenge series and do we have discounts for tires? Which brands and which suppliers?

For 2016 Toyo Tires is back in the second year of their two year deal we announced last year. Contingency Registration Forms will be ready shortly.

Braidan Tire, is back in its second year of a 3 year sponsorship agreement and will be available to provide tires for the most popular. Contact them directly for all your tire needs.

BFGoodrich agreement is in the works for this year. we anticipate the agreement will include a great contingency program for GT Sprints and GT Challenge.

More news will be forthcoming as deals develop.

fastnx
02-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Good to hear. The Toyo contingency program is great. Tires are great too :D

Mike Miller
02-25-2016, 03:14 PM
Good to hear. The Toyo contingency program is great. Tires are great too :D

Thanks Fastnx. What Toyo pattern are you using?

fastnx
02-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Toyo RA1. Amazing grip and lasts a long time. Running a full 6 race season in GT5 I use 2 sets of tires and the second set still has a good bit of life left. I use full tread RA1s for rain tires and when they are worn down they become dry tires. Guys with fully dedicated rain tires are a bit quicker in the rain but rain tires get ruined quickly when it dries up part way through the race!

Mike Miller
03-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Thanks Fastnx. good to know!

racerguy19
03-10-2016, 10:06 AM
I use the same tire as Fastnx and found them to be an awesome long lasting tire. I have two sets that went 4 race weekends last year including a 3 hour endurance race and both sets still are usable this season! I also have them as rains!

Steve
Cornerstone Courier Racing
GT Sprints #54 GT5

23Racer
03-10-2016, 05:17 PM
I always found the Toyo RA1'S to be exceptionally predictable and durable. A great club racer tire. The RR is a flat out excellent R Compound. Both are great R Compound tires.

Eric