PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Special Announcement for 2016 Time Attack

Time Attack Director
03-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Ready for the good news for all Time Attack participants? With the cooperation of CASCOR, who also recognized the need to assist OTA with lowering operating expenses, we have reduced the fee to about one third of last year’s prices, for a special Time Attack license to $25 for 2016.

Not bad, but the OTA Committee has decided to make it even easier for you to participate, because for a limited time they are offering to pay for the $25 for any participant in OTA for 2016.

So no more excuses not competing with us on the track because the cost to you for licensing is ZERO dollars and all you need to do is just apply when we are ready!

Some notes, we will have the forms ready to apply for the special Time Attack shortly. We will start by taking applications at the Open House at JRP on Saturday, April 2nd, complete with your picture.
This special license is only for time attack. Some notes if you’re competing in other CASC-OR events:

1. The Time Attack License qualifies you only for Time Attack, if you want to participate in any other CASCOR discipline, you must purchase a separated license including Auto Slalom.

2. If you already purchased a Class “C” license, ie for Ice Racing, then that licenses enables you to participate in Time Attack.

3. You are still required to be and existing, or register for a new membership with our affiliated clubs to qualify for this license.

See you at the track!

WrenchTime
04-24-2016, 04:01 PM
So the license form says $84.75 (incl. taxes).

Should we just send in the form without credit card info?

Slowpoke
04-24-2016, 07:01 PM
This is the proper form, Sir: http://time-attack.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/competition_licence_application_2016.pdf

WrenchTime
04-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Thanks!

I'm not clear why this form seems unavailable on the OTA website.

I'm also surprised that the physician examination is now not required???

RTC might be a move to get more drivers, but maybe a poorly organized website is a bigger barrier to entry? I want to be a part of the community, but as a customer, this is a very tricky series to navigate and the website makes it look poorly organized. Just some comments from a newbie to the series.

Dave Barker
04-24-2016, 09:52 PM
Thanks!

I'm also surprised that the physician examination is now not required???

Physician exam has never been a requirement for a Time-Attack Class C licence. Now money isn't required either.

Slowpoke
04-24-2016, 09:58 PM
Thanks!

I'm not clear why this form seems unavailable on the OTA website.

This form is for Time Attack only. Autoslalom, Ice Race and Time attack don't require medicals. Only tarmac door to door racing.

In future, look for the latest OTA content at www.time-attack.ca

10gt61
04-26-2016, 01:33 PM
I don't plan on competing this season, but I will be lapping at some OTA events.
Should I get the time attack licence?

wparsons
04-26-2016, 01:41 PM
I don't plan on competing this season, but I will be lapping at some OTA events.
Should I get the time attack licence?

No license required for lapping!

Great to see you'll be back out this summer, Kelly!

scorcherjf
05-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Just curious - have the licences been sent out yet?

Time Attack Director
05-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Licenses will be out prior to the first event in June for those who submitted them at the open house.

If anyone needs an application please send me a PM

10gt61
06-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Are temp licences available for a single event on the day of the event?

Slowpoke
06-14-2016, 10:36 PM
Are temp licences available for a single event on the day of the event?

Yes, but you have to fill out the form anyway. CASC-OR requirement.

http://time-attack.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/competition_licence_application_2016.pdf

10gt61
06-15-2016, 10:26 PM
Thanks Steve. Another question. At E2 can a morning lapper decide that day if they want to do afternoon competition? (assuming they have a classed car, OTA licence, and pay the difference lapping to competing)

Slowpoke
06-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Thanks Steve. Another question. At E2 can a morning lapper decide that day if they want to do afternoon competition? (assuming they have a classed car, OTA licence, and pay the difference lapping to competing)

Of course! Looks like we'll have space.