PDA

View Full Version : May 15th GT Challenge Race

23Racer
04-26-2016, 10:30 PM
How many cars are coming out for the May 15th GT Challenge Race? With the class changes from last year and the new race day, it should be fun. We will be bringing out 2 cars, the #68 Cougar with Mark Clyde and the #23 RX7 with myself driving, to run in the GT4 Class. If the new shipment of NA Tires arrives in time from Argentina, we could run all 3 cars.

Who else is coming out? Its a ton more fun to race in a large race group? For me it will be fun as I haven't race the RX7 since 2013 and I can hardly wait to see how quick it will be with the new gearbox and on slicks.

Eric

fastnx
05-01-2016, 09:17 PM
I am planning to bring 2 cars out to the BEMC event. I'm waiting to see the schedule, but the tentative plan is to race both cars in sprints, possibly 1 in challenge.

luker0
05-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Due to the changes in Challenge this year we've decided not to race with the region. Have fun, maybe we will see you next year if things change again.

luker0
05-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Also, someone should update the brackets for Calabogie Long Track, the breakouts are different in the Challenge appendix vs the Sprints appendix. The Sprints one is likely the more accurate of the two.

23Racer
05-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Sorry you will not be coming out. It should be fun.

Just a general question as I haven't seen any detail on this in a while, are we allowed to run 2 drivers in a 1 Hour Race? Change during the pit stop? One of the cars wont be ready, so we are only going to be able to run 2 cars and we have 3 drivers. All of the great information sent out recently only references 1 driver per car for GT Challenge, but I thought you could run 2 so we can maintain points until we have the 3rd car ready? Anyone know if we still can?

Thanks

Eric

metric1
05-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Eric, yes you can run 2 drivers and switch at the stop. You will both accumulate points.

23Racer
05-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Eric, yes you can run 2 drivers and switch at the stop. You will both accumulate points.

Ian, if you are running GT Challenge, when you come to a stop are you going to lance your air jacks just because you can? LOL.

Seriously, what class is your new bullet going to be in? Thanks for the confirmation.

Eric

metric1
05-02-2016, 05:07 PM
I may just do that! New car won't be ready till next year. We're only running Challenge races run on saturday, and there may only be two this year.:cool:

23Racer
05-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Hey guys, there are already 6 cars in Challenge , plus I know that we are bringing 1 more car, to make it 7 cars. That is 3 cars more than F1200, 1 car behind Formula Libre and only 2 behind F1600. I am certain that more cars will come out for every class as we get closer.

I know we are still a week ahead of the race, but it would be fun to get more cars out so that the GT Challenge Grid is fuller err... more full? More cars makes it better for a 1 hour race.

I am going to start bugging other people on our Nummelin Motorsport Group Facebook page to come out and have some fun. We have corrected a bunch of issues and thanks to Ian Madden, the Ontario High Horsepower FWD Yoda, we think we have the broken wheel flanges licked so the Cougars can run super hard again. Thanks a ton Ian.

This will be the earliest race weekend I have done in about 15 years.

Eric

Doug P
05-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Challange needs to be scheduled after the Sprint feature race to get more cars double booking. I would not risk not being prepped for the feature race after beating on the the truck for an hour. $150 is a great deal. Schedule is restrictive.

23Racer
05-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Doug, that's why the race used to be last race on Saturday. Gave teams the chance to work on the cars for the final 2 GT races on Sunday.I know of at least 2 cars plus yourself who would have come out on Saturday. Cest la vie.

Eric

terrydale
05-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Doug, that's why the race used to be last race on Saturday. Gave teams the chance to work on the cars for the final 2 GT races on Sunday.I know of at least 2 cars plus yourself who would have come out on Saturday. Cest la vie. Eric

So, under the heading that there is no schedule that makes everybody 110% happy............the Kyle Nash Memorial Race June 4/5 at Calabogie Motorsports Park has:
* The GT Challenge Race on Saturday
* Lots of gap between sessions on Saturday to accommodate drivers who are sharing the car and also running in GT Sprints
* GT Sprints on Sunday
*AND (here's the best part!) you can use your $100 CREDIT NOTE FROM CASC that you got from entering the BEMC race on May 14/15 towards your entry fee making the second day on Sunday almost like, sort of, kind of..........FREE!!! :D

What's not to love about that??!?? :)

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AT <MOTORSPORTS REG.COM> !!

CYA THERE!!

Let me know if you have any questions - contact me directly at <tsdale2@gmail.com>!!

Boogity!! Boogity!! Boogity!! Let's go racin'!!! :D

23Racer
05-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Super excited for this weekend. Looks like a high quality grid of cars and a decent number in a few classes. More than that I just received a nice present in time for this weekend. First of a fresh crop of this year's sticky black race rubber for the Cougar. Must be race season when the UPS guy and I are on a first name basis again.

See you guys out on the track on Sunday.

Eric