PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Nash Memorial Race - Jun 4/5 - Docs posted

terrydale
04-27-2016, 09:28 PM
The Kyle Nash Memorial Race at Calabogie Motorsports Park on June 4th and 5th has the CTCC plus four regional race groups with lots of track time:

* GT Challenge
* GT Sprints
* Radical
* Formula Libre

Lots of time between the GT Sprints and the GT Challenge to allow for different drivers in the same car.

Test Day on Friday June 3 - again with lots of track time.

CMP is a 5.05 km world class track and we will make your trip there well worth while!!

The following documents are posted on the CASC web site and here
http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/kyle-nash-memorial-race-weekend/

* Supp Regs
* Test Day Schedule
* Event Schedule.

Got any questions? Drop me a note. Terry Dale, Race Director

Doug P
04-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Thanks Terry. Good to have info for planning well in advance.

A recent email from CASC suggested that Challenge races were all moved to Sundays this year. Clearly not for this event.

Question.

Why do Sprints practice first on track in the morning, then first for qualifying then they have to sit a full 51/2 hours to the end of the day to race?

This does not seem fair at all.

It would make must more sense to have Sprints race 1st in the afternoon and have Challenge at the end of the day. This would also allow prep time between those races for cars that are participating in both.

metric1
04-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Schedule looks great Terry. Running GT Challenge on saturday ensures our team will enter both cars.

terrydale
04-28-2016, 08:28 AM
Thanks Terry. Good to have info for planning well in advance.
A recent email from CASC suggested that Challenge races were all moved to Sundays this year. Clearly not for this event.
Question.
Why do Sprints practice first on track in the morning, then first for qualifying then they have to sit a full 51/2 hours to the end of the day to race?
This does not seem fair at all.
It would make must more sense to have Sprints race 1st in the afternoon and have Challenge at the end of the day. This would also allow prep time between those races for cars that are participating in both.

Doug - thanks for the feedback. :)

Under the heading of 'You can't please everybody all of the time', my quick response is that GT Sprints are there for two days. GT Challenge competitors have clearly said that they want to do everything in one day (see Ian's comment).

They will be back home watching 'Forensic Files' by Saturday evening while GT Sprint racers will be in Shooters Pub in downtown Calabogie figuring out how to shave a half second off their times on Sunday. :D

In addition, the CASC/OR GT Challenge is on Saturday for this event due to the short number of race groups. By finishing at 3:35 PM Sunday, that allows for a Double Header Calabogie Challenge GT/PT Race Program to take place. That makes the weekend financially viable and everybody wins.

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/calabogie-gt-challenge/

Doug P
04-28-2016, 08:35 AM
Doug - thanks for the feedback. :)

Under the heading of 'You can't please everybody all of the time', my quick response is that GT Sprints are there for two days. GT Challenge competitors have clearly said that they want to do everything in one day (see Ian's comment).

They will be back home watching 'Forensic Files' by Saturday evening while GT Sprint racers will be in Shooters Pub in downtown Calabogie figuring out how to shave a half second off their times on Sunday. :D

In addition, the CASC/OR GT Challenge is on Saturday for this event due to the short number of race groups. By finishing at 3:35 PM Sunday, that allows for a Double Header Calabogie Challenge GT/PT Race Program to take place. That makes the weekend financially viable and everybody wins.

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/calabogie-gt-challenge/

Scheduling Sprints so that they are not first and last on track and waiting around for 5 1/2 hours does not prevent Challenge from heading home the same day. Perhaps if they were after Sprints some would participate in the Sprint race also increasing car counts. Why could Sprints not run immediately after the Radical practice and qualifying?

It may be difficult to please everyone but to please a few people that want to go home and put their feet up early afternoon you are making it more difficult for what is typically the largest group.

Easy fix, move the Sprints practice time slot to after the Radical qualifying. Move the Challenge qualifying time slot to fill the Sprints practice.

Challenge get to pack up and head home. The rest of us are usually staying late after the last race to wrench on the car to make sure its safe for the next day.

Thanks for listening.

terrydale
04-28-2016, 08:36 AM
Not looking for anything other than to make the point that last year, when the CASC/OR schedule was being looked at, there was nothing scheduled between the BEMC Race May 14/15 and the BARC Race July 30/31. The gap with no regional racing was huge and that was felt as being unacceptable.

I approached Calabogie Motorsports Park to ask if they would support a race in June. The timing was perfect as there were discussions with CTCC underway and adding some regional classes to the weekend plus a Calabogie Challenge GT/PT Race made it all come together financially.

So, behind the scenes there is always something happening. It might not be a perfect schedule but it is definitely better than NO schedule, I'd suggest!! :)

Doug P
04-28-2016, 08:56 AM
Not looking for anything other than to make the point that last year, when the CASC/OR schedule was being looked at, there was nothing scheduled between the BEMC Race May 14/15 and the BARC Race July 30/31. The gap with no regional racing was huge and that was felt as being unacceptable.

I approached Calabogie Motorsports Park to ask if they would support a race in June. The timing was perfect as there were discussions with CTCC underway and adding some regional classes to the weekend plus a Calabogie Challenge GT/PT Race made it all come together financially.

So, behind the scenes there is always something happening. It might not be a perfect schedule but it is definitely better than NO schedule, I'd suggest!! :)

Thanks Terry. I dont see that relevant to a fair daily schedule for all.

You say there was nothing planned between the BEMC Race May 14/15 and the BARC Race July 30/31. Thats not correct. DAC had planned for a race July 9-10. It was subsequently cancelled.

So the gap remains as the Mosport race always held at the end of June was also cancelled. Shame the clubs could not have worked together to keep that race on the schedule.

terrydale
04-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Doug - I appreciate the comments and feedback.

We are looking forward to having a terrific event at the Kyle Nash Memorial Race on June 4th and 5th with strong support from all of the classes scheduled to run.

We have a great schedule with lots of time between sessions; a terrific 5.05km words class race track that is owned and operated by racers; and a great operations team that works hard to meet the Mission Statement that says:

"When everyone - Drivers, Workers, Crew, Spectators, Officials - is driving home at the end of the event, we want them all to be thinking ahead and already planning to come back to the 2017 Kyle Nash Memorial race because they had such a good time at this one."

Let's go racin'! :D

Terry Dale, Race Director

terrydale
04-28-2016, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Doug P;255119] DAC had planned for a race July 9-10. It was subsequently cancelled.QUOTE]

Doug - We really need to move forward but the gap between the BEMC May 14/15 Race and the originally scheduled DAC Race is still 10 weeks!! That is why we proposed a race in June to shorten that gap.

OK, now I am moving on!

Let's look at what we have and that is somewhere to go racing in two weeks!! :)

terrydale
04-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Schedule looks great Terry. Running GT Challenge on Saturday ensures our team will enter both cars.

Awesome!! Appreciate the support!! Cya there!!

Thanx, Ian!! :)

fastnx
04-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Schedule looks great to me. Happy to have a place to race. Planning to bring 1 car to Kyle Nash and 2 cars to Ted Powell.

TJMotorsport
04-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Thank you for posting a schedule well in advance and for using a time based session schedule. I wish all organizations would do the same. It's much appreciated from this soon to be busy Radical Team Manager!

terrydale
04-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Thank you for posting a schedule well in advance and for using a time based session schedule. I wish all organizations would do the same. It's much appreciated from this soon to be busy Radical Team Manager!

Thomas - the lines are open and operators are standing by if you have any questions, have concerns............or just need a great big hug!! ;)

Cya in June!!! :)

Terry Dale
Race Director

terrydale
04-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Schedule looks great to me. Happy to have a place to race. Planning to bring 1 car to Kyle Nash and 2 cars to Ted Powell.

Fantastic!! Look forward to seeing you there and watching you have a great time!!!

Thanks! Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions or concerns!! :)

Terry Dale
Race Director