PDA

View Full Version : Police at CTMP :)

HowardCohen
04-29-2016, 10:10 PM
Various police forces from across the region gathered at CTMP today to talk about their program, 'E.R.A.S.E.', 'Eliminate Racing Activity on Streets Everywhere'. I dropped by to listen to the police talk about what it takes to stop street racing, then talked with some officers and took a few photos. There were lots of police vehicles and a few race cars for the officers to see. After, they made their way to the paddock where some of them had shotguns rides with the cars running on BMWCC track day. It was very interesting to talk to the officers and I wonder how we can help.

http://public.fotki.com/howardcohen/police-ctmp/:)

ScotcH
04-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Did you ask them to stop camping outside tracks and hassling people that take it to the track, instead of street racing? (ie, mufflers, trailers, etc ... )

TTFC3S
05-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Did you ask them to stop camping outside tracks and hassling people that take it to the track, instead of street racing? (ie, mufflers, trailers, etc ... )

This. Last spring, I got pulled over once a week in woodbridge driving home in the morning from my night shift job, just to check if my horn works(aftermarket wheel) to check if my tires had clearance etc etc. extremely annoying, my car had a stock muffler on it wasn't lowered more than 1.5" it was crazy.

DavidSim
05-01-2016, 10:19 AM
>>extremely annoying<<

You'd be better off blaming all the young squids who drive cars like yours who roar around the streets and highways and ruin it for all the law abiding people like yourself, same goes for some of the people who blast around the streets and highways on their sport bikes, running at high speeds and weaving in and out of traffic, I see it regularly each and every summer.

The police are just doing their job, and I'll bet if you asked the average citizen (who is not a car enthusiast or racer type) they would support the police and their actions.

We have some excellent tracks in Southern Ontario, there is no reason for anyone to use the streets and highways as their own personal race track, or make modifications to their vehicles that are illegal, if they cannot afford to go to track days, or keep their vehicles legal, then they should park their machines and take the bus.

TTFC Scoring
05-03-2016, 02:37 AM
Darn, here I thought Sting was getting the group back together.

HowardCohen
05-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Darn, here I thought Sting was getting the group back together.

That would be the 'Boys in Blues Brothers Band' :D