PDA

View Full Version : Thanks To All At BEMC Spring Trophy Races

23Racer
05-16-2016, 09:57 AM
First, Sunday morning was a pain. Worst morning I have experienced regarding weather. The ambient air temps were so cold, we couldn't even get 1 car to start and the other had to be tickled into life. I was able to spin my rears all the way through 3rd and into 4th up Andretti in the morning. The air temps were so cold, I was on a constant cold start enrichment for the whole day and my car was coughing and sputtering for the whole practice and race (but belching huge flames I hear!).

Horrible weather. I was all freakin this and freakin that and then it hit me, I was freezing cold, but I had a truck to climb in to. The super people out running the event didn't have that luxury, so I just wanted to take a moment to give a special thanks to all of those people who make these events come off smoothly, rain or shine, heat or cold. Everyone from Registration to Tech, to Grid people, to and especially to the great marshals we have, who stand out there in the snow and biting wind and still are our forward warning system and make this possible.

Thanks...

and by the way, even with the pig coughing, sputtering and belching flame, I did have a great time.

See you all soon.

Eric

fastnx
05-16-2016, 10:29 AM
Well said Eric. Not the best weekend for racing but still a great time. Would not have happened without the volunteers. Thanks!

Bill Lobban
05-16-2016, 06:25 PM
A big thank you to London Automobile Sport Club for donating Tim Hortons gift certificates to all the workers.
I heard a rumour that LASC is folding. please someone tell me that this is not true.

edobbie
05-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Where do we find the results for CASC events?

Mike Canner
05-17-2016, 10:28 AM
A big thank you to London Automobile Sport Club for donating Tim Hortons gift certificates to all the workers.
I heard a rumour that LASC is folding. please someone tell me that this is not true.

I heard the same rumor. It is tough to keep the "doors open" in this racing market. I feel for BEMC, the weather just killed them in terms of car count. I am not knocking the racers for not coming out but the problem remains the club makes the commitment to put the show together and when they get such low car counts they have to be losing money and I don't think many of those clubs can sustain significant losses. The support staff all came out, all we need is to figure out how to get more racers to join us rain or shine and possibly even snow....

Devin.Hanes
05-17-2016, 12:37 PM

Hi Bill, and the rest of the track volunteers.

On behalf of L.A.S.C. you are welcome, but more importantly, thank you.
We would not be at the track, if it weren't for the volunteers.

As for the rumour of LASC folding, that is all it is.
Granted, we are in trouble, like many of the other CASC affiliate clubs.
Our membership is small. Our members pay $40 a year in dues, but the CASC flat-rate dues that we pay are more than we raise in membership dues; so we will not be able to sustain ourselves....unless CASC returns to a pro-rated member-based dues system....

Unlikely to happen, however, as the big clubs have large blocks of votes, and the small clubs have very few votes, but we all pay the same dues...

Regardless, as long as our core membership continues to race and be involved in the sport, we will continue.

-Devin Hanes