PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to TAC for Event 1

Dave Barker
06-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Many thanks to TAC and especially Gary Vernon for making the first event of the Mobil 1 Time-Attack series so successful. On time, lots of practice, 3 competition runs each and enough tired competitors that after a session of extra lapping at the end of the day, the drivers left the track before 5 PM on their own. Good organization and utilization of track time is why OTA is the place to run and the professionalism shown by the organizing team makes this happen.

The first competition event of the season is always the most difficult to organize (ask me how I know:rolleyes :rolleyes: ) . Gary and the rest of the TAC team did an excellent job, especially considering the lack of support and facilities available at TMP.

Congrats to the class and overall winners as well as the closeness of the competition. ( I won't reveal the overall winner, hint... it wasn't me, until the results are "official")

On to MIR for the next events on June 25/26 organized by SPDA, sure to be a great weekend. I believe there are still just a few school and lapping spots available.