PDA

View Full Version : Supp Regs for Events 3 and 4 at DDT

Dave Barker
06-30-2016, 08:27 AM
The Mobil 1 Time-Attack series presented by Toyo Tires is moving to the DDT for July 9 and 10 organized by the Oshawa Motorsport Club (OMSC). There will be some pros dicing it up next door at the Grand Prix track but, as we all know, it is better to drive that watch someone else drive.

Registration is through the usual channels and www.motorsportreg.com

For all OTA competitors PLEASE make sure to have your car classified BEFORE coming to the events at http://ccdb.casc.on.ca/. RTC competitors can let us know at registration their self classification status.

Most important: read the supplementary regulations below.

SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS
Events 3 and 4
Driver Development Track
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
3233 Concession Rd 10
Bowmanville ON

SANCTIONING BODY C.A.S.C. Ontario Region
ORGANIZING CLUB OMSC
ORGANIZERS Dave Barker and Perry Rautanen
CHIEF CLERK Dave Barker
CHIEF TIMER Gary Wood
CHIEF REGISTRAR Gerry Carvalho
CHIEF SCRUTINEER Derrick Cormier
CHIEF GRID MARSHALL Volunteer Team TBD
SERVICE VEHICLE BARC Rescue Team/EI Medical
STEWARD TBA

EVENT TIMETABLE
7:30 AM 8:30 AM Registration in the tower. Please bring your competition licence with you
8:40 AM 8:55 AM Driver’s meeting #1. Mandatory!
9:00 AM 12:00 PM Practice in 3 groups starting on the hour (SGT3 and higher), 20 minutes after the hour (GT1-GT3). 40 minutes after the hour (GT4 and lower plus Novice). RTC competitors will be seeded in appropriate run groups based on expected lap times. Repeat on the hour.
12:00 AM 12:40 PM Lunch
12:40 PM 12:50 PM Driver’s meeting #2 (mandatory)
1:00 PM 5:00 PM Competition for all classes
5:00 PM Track closed
5:30 PM Saturday Driver’s meeting #3 //Dinner, Results, Prizes

SUPPLEMENTAL NOTES AND REGULATIONS
1. Drivers’ meetings are mandatory for all drivers.
2. Please note that if the event is sold out we may not be able to accept registrations at the track. Please contact the Registrar as soon as you are able to ensure that you are able to secure a place.
3. Drivers are required to be registered, and to provide signed Vehicle Technical Self Declaration form to scrutineering (available at http://time-attack.ca/) before being allowed on track.
4. Drivers/passengers must have the appropriate long sleeved shirts, long pants and socks (Rule 1.2.1).
5. Only people who have signed the track waiver and have a wristband will be allowed in the paddock area.
6. Passengers 18 years or older will be allowed during practice and/or lapping after signing a waiver. Minor passengers must be at least 14 years old, and may only ride with parent or guardian with the approval of the organizer and completion of the waiver and parental consent. (Rule 1.7.2) Parental consent is here: http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/ASN-English-Annual-Parental-Consent-Waiver.pdf, and
7. All cars must be classified before registration is complete. Competitors competing under iPax may classify their car online at http://ccdb.casc.on.ca/ Be sure to bring a printed copy of the approved classification. Raw Time Challenge (RTC) Competitors should determine the classification of their cars based on the RTC rules found here: http://www.casc.on.ca/time-attack/raw-time-challenge-bulletin. No special forms or declarations are required for RTC, but you will be asked to specify the class of your car to the registrar, based on the RTC rules. Each iPax competitor shall present upon demand, by any race official or fellow competitor, a copy of their car's classification declaration on paper for inspection (including, if applicable, race weight and dyno declarations). Any competitor who is unable to provide such documentation shall be scored in Modified class at the event in question.
8. All cars are required to display the available designated sponsor decals.
9. Lunch is planned for noon, but the schedule may be revised at any time. Changes will be announced at the track. Note there is no concession stand available at the track.
10. The plan is to have three or four sessions of timed laps depending on the number of entrants. The decision to have four sessions will be made before the end of the second session. If events transpire during the day that prevent this, we will complete the last full session for all run groups and open the track for lapping until the course closes at 5 PM.
11. Signaled passing will be according to the OTA rulebook section 2.3. Passing is only allowed during lapping sessions in the morning. Each passing zone will be marked with pylons. Designated passing will be marked on the inside of the track , 2 cones at the start and 3 cones at the end.

12. In any turn, if both inside or outside wheels of the vehicle are simultaneously and clearly on the grass or dirt, you will be deemed “two wheels off”. Course and Flag Marshals are considered judges of fact throughout the event.
13. To discourage competitors from cutting the curbing and dragging debris on to the track, pylons may be placed off the track surface. Competitors who tip or move the pylons will receive a two-wheels-off penalty.
14. During competition if a competitor's car spins off the track, they are to stay off the track (or move further off the track to a safe location) and are not to return to the pavement until the end of their run group.
15. Competitors are encouraged to volunteer for various duties (registration, grid marshal, timing, etc). If we do not have sufficient volunteers, competitors may be asked to take on a specific duty.
16. If a car becomes mechanically disabled, the driver should pull off the track to a safe area and not try to make it back to the paddock until told to do so.
17. During competition runs there is no passing allowed. If a car is off the track and parked in a safe place for whatever reason, that driver is deemed to be no longer competing and passing of this parked car by other competitors is allowed.
18. Camping is permitted at the facility but toilet facilities during the evenings and nights will be limited to a “port a potty”. Access to toilet facilities at the Grand Prix track will be limited by the Pro race weekend limitations
19. Coffee will be provided at registration. Saturday evening dinner tickets will be available at registration
20. The governing regulations for this event are in the 2016 Ontario Time Attack Regulations rulebook.
21. Additional supplementary regulations may be instituted during the weekend. Such additions or amendments will be clearly stated at the official drivers' meetings and/or as posted notices.

endura
07-03-2016, 03:58 PM
-which configuration for Sat./Sun.?
-doing RTC, so no online classification. Do I need to join a club to register? Tks.

Dave Barker
07-03-2016, 09:30 PM
No online classification for RTC but definitely need registration.

I am sure OMSC could add you to their membership list for one weekend but we still need you to apply for the "free" TA licence through CASC.

Probably run the south west kink on Saturday and not on Sunday weather permitting. We are not crazy enough to run without the North east kink.

endura
07-03-2016, 11:58 PM
Confirmed to all. I thought no SW kink was crazier.

wparsons
07-04-2016, 11:29 AM
CTMP doesn't allow running without the NE kink anymore, speeds are too high and there isn't enough (any) run off before the wall.

I've run it once without the NE kink (first month the new layout was open), and the wall is definitely CLOSE.

endura
07-05-2016, 02:36 AM
-Time attack application emailed to casc. Am I going to receive an actual licence/number or is this just a formality?
-What's omsc? How do I contact them? Was going to just join spda but I'm getting a restricted access message when I try the membership link.

Tks.

Dave Barker
07-05-2016, 08:18 AM
OMSC is the Oshawa (effectively Toronto east and Durham region) Motorsport Club.

endura
07-05-2016, 10:00 AM
OMSC website is down.

dubya_rx
07-05-2016, 10:55 AM
-Time attack application emailed to casc. Am I going to receive an actual licence/number or is this just a formality?
-What's omsc? How do I contact them? Was going to just join spda but I'm getting a restricted access message when I try the membership link.

Tks.

You have to register with SPDA website (login etc) to get to membership link.

wparsons
07-05-2016, 12:22 PM

Tks.

You have to confirm your email address on your SPDA forum account before you can access the membership page.

Check your email (and spam folder) for a confirmation email. If there isn't one, shoot me a PM here and I'll try to get it sorted out.

endura
07-05-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm already logged in with SPDA. Getting this when buy/renew membership link is clicked.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

endura
07-05-2016, 01:41 PM
You have to confirm your email address on your SPDA forum account before you can access the membership page.

Check your email (and spam folder) for a confirmation email. If there isn't one, shoot me a PM here and I'll try to get it sorted out.

Tks. Email waaay better. You can reach me at
berge.endura@gmail.com

Tks for the assistance.

wparsons
07-05-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm already logged in with SPDA. Getting this when buy/renew membership link is clicked.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Email sent... it's most definitely because you didn't click the confirmation link in the email that should have been sent. If you didn't get the email it's hard to click on it though :D

Slowpoke
07-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Weird, my message disappeared. Usually I get a message from the President when I say something Verboten.

You need club membership to compete (not lap, or for entering our schools) and any of the OTA clubs (SPDA, TAC, OMSC) will grant you a free weekend membership with paid entry.

If you're new to the series and enter two or more events and SPDA (or I'm sure the other OTA clubs as well) will give you a discount. Anything to make it easier to enjoy OTA!

Slowpoke
07-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Oh, I also mentioned that the Supp regs recognizing our generous series sponsors are available here: http://time-attack.ca/rules/

Specific to this event: http://time-attack.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-Event-3-4-Supp-Regs.pdf

Dave Barker
07-06-2016, 10:42 PM
OMSC website is back up.