PDA

View Full Version : NEW! BARC GT Challenge Bonus At Canadian Touring Trophy!

BARC-OC
07-13-2016, 10:04 AM
For the GT Challenge race at the BARC Canadian Touring Trophy on July 31, there will be special bonuses in effect for those racers competing in the GT Challenge points classes GTC-1 through GTC-5 (GT Invitational is not eligible).

In each of these classes at the BARC event one competitor will be drawn at random to receive a $300 entry credit applicable to any of the next three GT Challenge events, the Ted Powell Memorial August 20-21, the BEMC Indian Summer Sept 17-18, or the CASC-OR Celebration Of Motorsport October 5-6.

The only requirement is that the $300 credit must be used on a future GT Challenge entry.

Combined with the excellent deal already on offer to competitors wanting to run the GT Challenge race ($100 to add the one hour race to any Sprints entry) we're crossing our fingers that we'll see the biggest GT Challenge field in quite a while - why don't you sign up today and join in the fun!

Doug P
07-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Great news, another motivator to get racers out. Shame I cant attend this event due to conflicts on the long weekend.

Constructive suggestion however.

Sprint numbers are way down to 20 and under. Perhaps the bonus should be offered to any Challange or Sprints racers. We need more car counts EVERYWHERE.

TerryF
07-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Doug,here we go again, catering to a failed concept. When will the organizers stop beating their heads against the wall!!!!!.
The 'Challenge' series is severely challenged and has been flawed since day one.
The 'core' racers that pay the organizers bills are the Sprint cars and other Groups (formula, G70, Radicals etc). How come we aren't offered the $300 credit??????
It's a slap in the face for loyal supporters who appear to be now taken for granted
It is clear to me that some 'new' fresh business and marketing skills be applied to the issue. For instance in real business,would you offer new customers you want a discount, but at the same time charge your existing loyal customers full price?
In fact that is commercial suicide. You end up catering to a few, upsetting many, and going out of business. That practice does not work in the real world.
Sure, giving money back is a nice gesture, but $100 in the overall scheme of things really isn't a great incentive. The amount of track/racing time 'Challenged' takes up, creates a sacrifice others have to make in order to just accommodate them, is just not right. I have heard it said that they like all their racing done in one day, isn't that nice, and we cater to them again.
The most watched Group for entertainment and close racing is the GT Sprints and G70 a close second. This isn't meant to diminish in any way the importance of other Groups, it's just the way it is, people just relate more to recognizable cars.
It's a flat out blast for 20 minutes, and then looking forward to doing it again and again, and again, and again, does anyone get the message?
Thank you Doug for getting me going, hopefully our feelings don't fall on deaf ears. Cheers.

Doug P
07-22-2016, 05:36 PM
Typical Response. Every idea is shot to hell by someone who thinks it is the dumbest most lame idea any brain dead club or casc official could ever come up with.
Thank you for keeping up the good work. Oh and most watched group, by who, the place is a virtual ghost town on a regional weekend. You cannot give tickets away.

No one is shooting anything to hell. Whats wrong with trying to promote both series? What is wrong with constructive suggestions?

Challange has been failing for a few years but Sprints are also severely down. All cars qualify for Sprints and Challange and the class structure crosses over. Offer the draw to both series, double entry on draw if you race both series. Maybe it will promote more running both?

Clubs are loosing money on every event. Anything that brings cars out is a good thing.

Personally I have not been able to race this event since it was moved to the long weekend. I hope it is being considered to move back to the July weekend considering the huge gap in events.

Mike, are you racing this weekend?

BARC-OC
07-23-2016, 09:32 AM
Very simply, the benefactor who is funding these credits specified they apply to future GT Challenge entries.

BARC weren't about to turn away anything that benefits competitors and increases entries.

As this is written, there are 28 GT Sprints and 17 GT Challenge entries so there should be decent racing in both.

Let's enjoy the weekend no matter which group you're racing in.

luker0
07-25-2016, 10:59 AM
For instance in real business,would you offer new customers you want a discount, but at the same time charge your existing loyal customers full price?
In fact that is commercial suicide. You end up catering to a few, upsetting many, and going out of business. That practice does not work in the real world.

That is the business model of Bell and Rogers, they still seem to be in the black. Enticing new customers ALWAYS ends up at a "cost" to existing customers. Sad but true.

TerryF
07-25-2016, 04:19 PM
Thank you BARC for your response. I will eat humble pie and thank the benefactor for their generosity.
It now paints a different picture. It appeared to be our entry fees supporting the cash incentives. My apologies as that wasn't clear.
Finally, Doug who's Mike?

Doug P
07-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Thank you BARC for your response. I will eat humble pie and thank the benefactor for their generosity.
It now paints a different picture. It appeared to be our entry fees supporting the cash incentives. My apologies as that wasn't clear.

Mike Canner. The guy that tore a strip off us. His message is deleted. Dont know who he is.

BARC-OC
07-26-2016, 10:57 AM

You're a gentleman, Terry

Look forward to seeing you at the race!

Kcodekid
07-31-2016, 12:30 PM
So did the benefactor also ask that time be takin from the Sprints grid as Barc is cutting the Sprints races short for the largest entry of the weekend?

Doug P
08-01-2016, 11:37 AM
So did the benefactor also ask that time be takin from the Sprints grid as Barc is cutting the Sprints races short for the largest entry of the weekend?

No one was cut short of track time.

Doug P
08-03-2016, 11:09 PM
Who were the winners of the prizes?

BARC-OC
08-04-2016, 08:23 AM
GT1 - Marco Cirone

GT2 - None Entered

GT3 - Allan DeWolfe

GT4 - Jonathan Liu

GT5 - Bryan Rashleigh

There might be a surprise additional winner announced soon since no prize was awarded for GT2

;)

Doug P
08-04-2016, 08:56 AM
GT1 - Marco Cirone

GT2 - None Entered

GT3 - Allan DeWolfe

GT4 - Jonathan Liu

GT5 - Bryan Rashleigh

There might be a surprise additional winner announced soon since no prize was awarded for GT2

;)

PM sent

BARC-OC
08-08-2016, 11:43 AM

;)

So, what we did was put all the numbers that entered, whether they started the race or not except for the four winners already selected into a hat and drew one number for the fifth bonus entry.

In a bit of serendipity, the fifth bonus ended up going to a GT-2 competitor, Matthew Berridge.

The $300 credit for each of these five competitors, usable for the remaining three GT Challenge events, will be set up on MotorsportReg this week.

Thanks for all for your support of the special GT Challenge Bonus program!