PDA

View Full Version : Race Weight and Pip schedule

Grant Galloway
07-29-2016, 10:09 PM
Can someone kindly explain the race weight and Pip schedule to me? I plan to start the gutting process in my Civic, seeing as the A/C is being removed..

When I go in to build my schedule it keeps flip flopping the classes, to the point I am very confused and ready to throw my computer...

What the hell is non-authorized rear seat modification mean exactly? does this mean removal? or is it because I covered it with Leopard Print?

I love this next one:
Modification to ‘interior trim’, not otherwise specified as an authorized mod, defined as: headliner; air bags; carpet; and any other interior body panels aft of the driver’s seat back.

What does this mean? is this removal? who the hell uses the word aft?

I gotta know who writes these rules? because to me they are very confusing to the point I just want to throw in the towel..

Any insight would be appreciated!

Grant

Grant Galloway
07-29-2016, 10:45 PM
I think I figured it out.. You have to select everything but the final schedule is determined by the race weight??

Dave Barker
07-30-2016, 01:27 PM
I think I figured it out.. You have to select everything but the final schedule is determined by the race weight??

That is correct Grant. Sometimes folks remove some interior parts but not enough to claim a race weight so there are PIPs for all of them. Race wgt is similar to using a dyno plot for a highly modified engine. We want to know what you have done to the car but the final PI is calculated on the actual car weight (or HP for ePIPs) and not the sum of the PIPs. The exception is that we expect a minimum expected gain for engine mods know as MEG.

BTW, aft is a nautical term and indeed is still very much in regular use today. Means behind. Isn't English such a confusing language? Numerous different words to say the same thing.

"Modification" means exactly that. Is it stock? If not it is modified, even leopard print seat covers. (You might be able to convince the CCC that leopard print seat covers could be exempt from the PIP schedule but don't even think about not claiming tiger print. It is very intimidating to your fellow competitors! I hear it has been banned in numerous other series). OTOH, we might make Mohammed and Corey require leopard print seat covers. Have to think about that for the rules next year.

Grant Galloway
07-30-2016, 04:38 PM
LOL I knew what aft meant, I have owned boats!!

Just thought the language was just a little too nutty professor..

I think I have it figured out, No pips for leopard print underwear??? LOL

Grant

Slowpoke
07-30-2016, 11:57 PM
You can perforate/trim rear seats as an "allowable mod' if it is to accommodate your roll bar or cage. This is allowable. Complete removal is PIPped.

The bPIP's are manipulated by the competitor to either achieve ability to claim curb-weight (cars that are heavier than the bPIP's achieve in laptime) or to avoid claiming curb-weight because -2.0bPIP's + 5 extra PIP's achieve more than the PIP's assigned to the mods. In the end, the former isn't a detriment to the series if the claimed weight is accurate since it is inline with the linear PIP system. The latter... well... tell me again why you need a 120L non-FIA fuel cell in a car that only does time attack?

Carry on!