PDA

View Full Version : Thanks BARC

Shark
08-01-2016, 11:05 AM
A huge thank you to all the volunteers, marshals, officials and to Barc for putting on a great event. The fields were big in every group. The racing was awesome. And there were spectators there to watch while camping out...

Keep up the good work promoting these weekends.

I also want to thank CASC and the behind the scenes work that goes on that most people aren't aware of.
Ted Michalos, Perry, Deb all deserve huge praise...:D

1sickspeed6
08-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Well said. 100% agree. It was an amazing weekend. Thanks to all that do the hard work to make that happen. If you were not there you missed somthing great.
Thanks again

KathyK
08-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Thanks BARC. And thanks to the many (almost all) of the drivers who waved at the marshals in appreciation for our efforts. Does the heart good to know you are appreciated. Good quality racing by all, very entertaining.

MarkoPolo1
08-01-2016, 01:50 PM
100% correct

LHZAWD
08-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Agreed
Thanks to all who organized and Marshals!
I had a great time and looking forward to many more .

daleyc
08-01-2016, 10:17 PM
I had an awesome time racing on Sunday.
Thank you so much to BARC for the great event and a HUGE thank you to the marshalls, pit officials, and any other volunteer. It is much appreciated and thank you for keeping us safe!

paule
08-02-2016, 01:27 AM
Just so that you will know it took 134 volunteers this weekend so that you can do what you love.Grids,Pits ,Track Rescue and corner Marshals
are the folks that are visable to you but they number less than half of the volunteers needed .
Stewards,Race Control,Hospitality staff (to feed everyone),start Officials Scrutineering ,Communications ,Paddock .pace car and a host of others,largely invisable , do what is needed to make an event run .

Do not underestimate them as if there is a family or neighbourhood BBQ,friends want to meet on the long weekend or they just want to relax this competes with going to the track spending hard earned money for gas and accommodation .They require recognition as we all do .
Please make every effort to recognize those that make our sport possible

Paul E
BARC Race Director

Mike H
08-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Special thanks to the teams which provided breakfast and the Tim's card to the volunteers. :D

BobLwaBla
08-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Cornerstone courier, as one of those sponsors is so thankful for each and every one of the visible and less visible hardest working volunteers for all that you do! Great racing great connecting....and oh ya... Thanks for the push start !

Ps transmission is stuck in 3rd gear now thus pulled off in final race.

23Racer
08-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Cornerstone courier, as one of those sponsors is so thankful for each and every one of the visible and less visible hardest working volunteers for all that you do! Great racing great connecting....and oh ya... Thanks for the push start !

Ps transmission is stuck in 3rd gear now thus pulled off in final race.

Darren, is that your exhaust coming out the center of the bed just behind the cab? If so, that is super cool and when are you going to convert it to a diesel and start rolling coal, LOL.

Very very nice looking truck.

Eric

Doug Allingham
08-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks to each and every one of the volunteers. Message sent on behalf of the Radical Teams. We could not do this without you!

Doug Allingham, Radical #33

23Racer
08-02-2016, 12:44 PM
I also want to say thanks to BARC, CASC and especially the volunteers. Even though I was unable to race this past weekend as I was in Ottawa, I was there in spirit. I loved the at race CASC Facebook updates, the messages coming out about the race beforehand and the whole buzz as things were going on over the weekend. A number of the racers were posting all weekend with their results and comments. It genuinely made me feel bad that I couldn't be there.

I am very excited that there were 160 plus entrees and the quality of cars was very strong. I am definitely coming out for the BEMC weekend in September with 2 cars and Celebration and it looks like we have to step up the game a bit more. I am trying to work out an arrangement that would let us tour a little further afield for 2017 and hope to get to Calabogie next year.

Best to all

Eric

MarkoPolo1
08-02-2016, 06:26 PM
At least Darren still has his tranny and that other part...the engine! Yeah that's it...:-(

Shark
08-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Yes, thanks to Cornerstone Courier for everything you do.
And, an apology to all those behind me on Saturday who had to endure the drifting show that I put on, thanks to an overflowed diff. Oil and rubber don't mix. But, I kept it on the track at least... as sloppy as it was. :eek:
Some of the spectators enjoyed it though...

fastnx
08-03-2016, 12:19 PM
I would love to have been there but I am away on honeymoon. I watched the races on racehero though. Can't wait to get back out!

HarlandG
08-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately my car broke on Friday (cooling issues again) so I didn't get to experience the on track action, but this let me experience a few different perspectives... All I can say is WOW what an event and it wouldn't have come close to being what it was without all the generous volunteers. To the marshals, the grid crews, safety crews, and everyone who puts in their time in behind the scenes, especially Deb at the CASC Office, Hats off to you guys!

Being on the media side I try to talk to as many people as I can and listen to their perspectives on our sport. While Mike and I were out filming, I kept on asking people where they heard about this event. Vast majority of people said social media. It was split between our page and CTMP's page (Thanks CTMP for helping promote our event!!:) Nice to see our efforts are working.

I really want to emphasize what a big deal it was to have had 'The Voice of Mosport' Jim Martyn announcing our event, Personally I think this made a HUGE difference as you could be at any corner and still know what was going on.

Big thank you to Darrell Briggs and crew; who let me have some shelter when it was POURING at the top of Corner 2 while live streaming the radical race!

The passion behind everyone at these events blows me away.

Awesome experience this weekend.

HYUNDAI 113
08-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Thank you to everyone that put on an awesome event. Can't remember the last time I raced with that many cars.

And don't worry Ray, I got your drifting show all on video.

racerguy19
08-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Speaking for myself and my brother Kevin who is the CEO and founder of Cornerstone Courier, we would second the comments made by Darren Scott. It takes a lot of hard work of so many people so we drivers can race! Cornerstone Courier will continue to try in these small ways to show our appreciation for what you do so we can race.
We also hope to have both race vehicles out for the next race at CTMP!

Cheers!

Steve Harding
GT5 #54
Cornerstone Courier Racing

DEK
08-11-2016, 07:03 PM
A special thanks to Cornerstone Courier for all the special things they
did for the Volunteers at the BARC weekend.
From Dave King and all those involved in Scrutineering.