PDA

View Full Version : Indian summer weekend

fastnx
09-18-2016, 07:59 PM
I was only able to make it out yesterday but thoroughly enjoyed participating in the 3 hour enduro. Thanks so much to all the volunteers, crew members, friends and family who braved the lousy weather and made the day go smoothly. I'm sure today was much better!

Jeff Daley GT5 NX2000 #183

Doug P
09-19-2016, 10:18 AM
Yes, thanks to all the people involved in letting us race!!!! What a brutal day for all of you getting soaked in the rain, thank you all!!

And also thanks to those that parked the sprint race in the afternoon to repair the track and let us get a full race in afterwards.

DavidSim
09-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Was the track dry for the final GT Sprints race on Sunday, the times were slower than I would have expected (in particular in GT2 and GT3).

Perhaps the track was slick from all the rain, not sure (I was not there).

23Racer
09-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Can I talk a bit about the elephant in the room? I have done 3 CASC events this year and am planning on coming out for a fourth at Celebration. This is the first time I have done this in years and I was talking with a buddy last night and I realized that the main reason has been the general feeling around the events. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself at every event this year. Everyone just seems to be in a far better mood, there are tons of newer faces and "younger" faces and I see the steps being taken to make everything more accessible to more potential competitors.

The last effort, the easing of racers from other groups to run in CASC events, was great and just capped off what, I think, has been a major turnaround in how things are run.

Congrats to the Clubs, congrats to the CASC Executive Board, congrats to the workers (especially those who stood outside all day on the Saturday) and congrats to everyone from the top all the way down to the competitors for making this year a very enjoyable one. I expect that things will take a bit to reflect the changes in higher entries, but I think I can see daylight from here.

See you all at Celebration!

Eric

Shark
09-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Kind words indeed.

Everyone, CASC, workers, teams, crew...

We all have to work together to make things successful and fun.

:D