PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Banquet & Awards Dinner

Time Attack Director
09-22-2016, 03:39 PM
I wanted to personally thank everyone for participating in the Ontario Time Attack this year.

As you know our financial position made it a challenging year to organize, but I am happy to report as I did to your Organizing Committee, that we have made a profit due to concessions and extra effort to all parties involved from Volunteers, to sponsors and CASC-OR.

In a recent survey, you in overwhelming numbers told us that is it now time to celebrate the end of the season! This way we can celebrate our most valuable asset, you the participant, for making the series successful.

I have made the decision, based on the respondents to that survey, that we would have our celebration without the involvement of other CASC-OR divisions, on Saturday November 19 at Odine Restaurant in the East End at 7:30.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Odine+Japanese+%26+Thai+Fusion/@43.863939,-79.0145965,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d4e0040d5fc803:0x1e52c7f254c1b37!8m2!3d43.863939!4d-79.0124078

Odine is an excellent restaurant and for those of you that like steak, chicken, seafood or vegetarian, we will have something for everyone regardless if you delve in oriental style cooking or not.

I picked this venue because respondents wanted something mid-range at $35 per person. They also wanted a place they could mingle with fellow OTA racers and spouses.

We still have to ensure that OTA is true to its commitment of building a sustainable series and I have decided NOT to provide free tickets to winners like previous years. This will ensure we could allocate a large part of our sponsor donation back into next year’s budget.

I will be forwarding a more formal notice for the Banquet & Awards dinner in the next few weeks, but in the meantime please mark off the date November 19 and bring your spouse/significant other.

Regards

Time Attack Director
10-17-2016, 04:25 PM
Hey Everyone.. keep an eye on your emails at the official invitation will be sent out this week.

Hope you can all come out with your significant other and celebrate this year!

Time Attack Director
10-20-2016, 04:34 PM
I have sent out a personal email, but should I have missed your email, could you please shoot Rob Hall a note as I will be out of the country for the next two weeks.

Hope to see everyone there there!

Invitation to attend the Ontario Time Attack 2016 Awards Banquet!

Bench racing starts at 6:30 next door at the Shoeless Joe’s
Saturday November 19 at Odine Restaurant, Ajax at 7:30.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Odine+Japanese+%26+Thai+Fusion/@43.863939,-79.0145965,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d4e0040d5fc803:0x1e52c7f254c1b37!8m2!3d43.863939!4d-79.0124078

Menu includes:

Starters: Miso soup, 3pcs of salmon sushi ,4pcs green dragon rolls, Satay Chicken & Beef
Main course: A: Basil Tiger shrimp with mixed vegetables
B: Pineapple shrimp & chicken Fried Rice
C: Samba fish (whole filet of basa fish)
D: Beef with black bean sauce & vegetable
Dessert: Choice of ice-cream or slice of cake

Cost is $35 per person (please bring a guest/spouse/significant other). Cash Bar.

Please reserve by October 31 to Rob Hall our Treasurer by responding to all in this email
Please include:
1. Your full name as well as your guest’s name.
2. The email to bill you for the tickets (if different )
What you would like as the main course (pick the corresponding letter for each guest coming A B C or D)
3. Let us know if there are any allergies or special requests for meal preparation (an alternative menu for people who have allergies or food preferences is possible on request)