PDA

View Full Version : Director slot for 2017

Saj5DJ
10-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Morning folks. As you may have seen on the General Discussion section, I'm planning to stand down as AS Director and open up the spot for someone else to take over.

I would like to stress that this isn't in any way a "Screw you guys, I'm done" situation! No issues at all with the CASC board, the clubs or the competitor base; it's been a positive 3 years and any of the negatives have been minor and fleeting.

The reason I'd like to open this up to new blood is that, with a 2 year old, a greatly increased amount of business travel from a new position and a stubborn refusal to let reduce my participation at events, I acknowledge I have less and less focus to move things forward from where they are today. Also seems I'm likely to be home a grand total of three weeks in the whole first quarter of 2017...

So it's "If you love something, set it free" time. I know we have a lot of enthusiastic and active folks running in our series, any one of whom could take us forward.

I'll still be around next year, still involved and will happily offer to fill an "Assistant Director" type role to help bring any interested party up to speed and guide you through year one. I already have some contacts and plans made to deal with some of the issues that we did face in 2016; promise I'm not leaving a dumpster fire behind me.

There's not a big volume of work needs doing at all, it won't take up a great deal of your time and I can take you through it. Plus, you won't have to slug cones in the Picton heat or the Barrie rain!

I think all of you know I'm pretty open; if you're considering running, get in touch and we can discuss any questions. Just please DO step forward if you think you're well suited; someone does need to fulfill the role and it is important that person is someone who is already active and involved.

Cheers!

Barry