View Full Version : 2017 Pants

Saj5DJ
11-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Here it is folks:

http://solotime.info/pax/rtp2017.html

Cue "pants Sux" from the usual suspects in 3...2...1... :D

Saj5DJ
11-18-2016, 01:50 PM
PS: Must suck to have an STU car that just got moved to STR.

13inches
11-18-2016, 02:12 PM
PS: Must suck to have an STU car.

Full stop.

Daniel
11-18-2016, 03:41 PM
PS: Must suck to have an STU car that just got moved to STR.

So true... Lol. Gotta love a lateral move... :rolleyes::D

Truth be told though. I think (locally) an STR car (pre-2017 STR cars), should actually have a higher pants than STU.

Pants sux!!! LOL... ;)

Snizzoop
11-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Does this affect me?

sjd
11-19-2016, 09:48 AM
ES is way too soft.

mikewolf
11-19-2016, 10:53 AM
SSM got a fair but harder. Not that I had a chance before. At least AS got softer...

Saj5DJ
11-19-2016, 12:47 PM
ES is way too soft.

Everything got way softer, basically meaning AM got harder.

ES only dropped 0.001 more than the average drop.

In terms of what shows up locally, SM, SSM, STF get harder. Rest is all within 0.002

sjd
11-19-2016, 01:54 PM
Everything got way softer, basically meaning AM got harder.

ES only dropped 0.001 more than the average drop.

In terms of what shows up locally, SM, SSM, STF get harder. Rest is all within 0.002

ES is still way too soft. :p

Fixed.

Lynam55
11-19-2016, 01:55 PM
ES is way too soft.

Well then next year we can just switch cars. :p

Saj5DJ
11-19-2016, 02:14 PM
ES is still way too soft. :p

Fixed.

Lol, agreed.

buurin
11-20-2016, 02:45 PM
In terms of what shows up locally, [...] STF get harder.
How so? Is it because it drops a whole .009?

I suck anyway. :p

Travis
11-22-2016, 11:12 AM
I think (locally) an STR car (pre-2017 STR cars), should actually have a higher pants than STU.

I'm obviously biased, but I've been feeling that way too. It's due to our desire (mine too) for "flowing" courses. That philosophy results the momentum cars keeping their speed.

Try letting me design a course just once and lets see what the results are like :)
Launch into straight into min-radius-hairpin into 3rd-gear-straight into min-radius-hairpin into 3rd-gear-straight...
That double hairpin thing from the first Picton event was actually very fun in my car.

For 2017, STU has a 0.003 pants improvement relatative to STR so maybe the SCCA has been going for more flowing designs also.

Saj5DJ
11-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Ehhh... I dunno.

Steve was within a hair of winning overall with the Evo this year.

Now Im having bad thoughts of an STU Evo.

sjd
11-24-2016, 11:45 AM

They aren't cheap. When I had the insane idea of selling my car, an Evo was one of the things I thought about.

Daniel
11-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Ehhh... I dunno.

Steve was within a hair of winning overall with the Evo this year.

Great car, no doubt...
Steve can drive, no doubt...

But I guarantee you'll be bored of (and frustrated with) the Evo in no time - for anything other than street driving. :D I've played around with A LOT of cars over the years and there is a ton more fun to be had in a well prepped RWD car. Not to mention more challenging and rewarding as well. Save your money, Barry! ;)

Saj5DJ
11-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Those new Camaros are really nice...

sjd
11-24-2016, 02:37 PM

Great discounts too, 20% off MSRP IIRC. I've driven one and like them far better than the previous generation.

13inches
11-24-2016, 04:19 PM

Is that the Gaelic way of spelling Mustang?

needboost
11-25-2016, 01:24 PM
SSM got a fair but harder. Not that I had a chance before. At least AS got softer...

Wow Mike, you took a bigger hit than we did! The couple classes I quickly looked at are getting a .012 and better improvement, you only got a .007 and we get a .010
Tell me again how Mike and I are supposed to go 4-6sec faster raw?

Oh well riding RAW is where it's at anyway.

D.

sjd
11-25-2016, 01:28 PM
It's hilarious that we lost one guy in a homebuilt car whining about pants but immediately picked up another one. ;)

Lynam55
11-25-2016, 01:29 PM

Can't wait for the new z28 to come out (track prep package).

Lynam55
11-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Wow Mike, you took a bigger hit than we did! The couple classes I quickly looked at are getting a .012 and better improvement, you only got a .007 and we get a .010
Tell me again how Mike and I are supposed to go 4-6sec faster raw?

Oh well riding RAW is where it's at anyway.

D.

Fresh purple crack?

needboost
11-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Fresh purple crack?

I'm going to need rainbow crack.
Anyone want my old purple crack so I can afford some Walter White crack? Only two short seasons on a very light car. Probably still 50% depth remaining.

D.

Lynam55
11-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Great car, no doubt...
Steve can drive, no doubt...

But I guarantee you'll be bored of (and frustrated with) the Evo in no time - for anything other than street driving. :D I've played around with A LOT of cars over the years and there is a ton more fun to be had in a well prepped RWD car. Not to mention more challenging and rewarding as well. Save your money, Barry! ;)

Steves car on boost feels great and has loads of torque. It seemed to rotate really well for such a heavy beast.

Having said that AWD sucks and RWD for life. :D

needboost
11-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Barry, why don't we have Canadian pants system to reflect our reality? I think we should.

D.

TOYSRUS
11-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Pants is for losers!

Saj5DJ
11-25-2016, 02:28 PM
Barry, why don't we have Canadian pants system to reflect our reality? I think we should.

D.

Obvious reality is that red 03 Miatas in STR need a better pants

Saj5DJ
11-25-2016, 02:38 PM
It's hilarious that we lost one guy in a homebuilt car whining about pants but immediately picked up another one. ;)

Circle isnt complete until Darcy sells it to someone who starts banging out pants podiums with it.

PS: Bill, I agree. On that note, what size of shirt am I getting you for Picton?

yangsui
11-25-2016, 02:59 PM

D.

I would sooner advocate for dropping pants altogether than creating our own independent pants system.

needboost
11-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Obvious reality is that red 03 Miatas in STR need a better pants

And yellow Miatas in STR need to be in ES pants.

D.

Saj5DJ
11-25-2016, 03:49 PM
I'm going to abuse my admin powers to autocorrect "PAX" to "pants" if we're really determined to be silly :)

We publish raw. We publish pants. Pick your own poison.

Edit: Actually... why the hell not.

Yang's post wins btw.

Lynam55
11-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Lmao

I love my new pants.

sjd
11-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Yang's post wins btw.

Yes, it does.

yangsui
11-25-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm going to abuse my admin powers to autocorrect "PAX" to "pants" if we're really determined to be silly :)

We publish raw. We publish pants. Pick your own poison.

Edit: Actually... why the hell not.

Yang's post wins btw.

There are dictatorships that need to be overthrown, then there are dictatorships that should be welcomed with open arms.

If I need to "drop pants altogether" to unify our clan, I'll do it. :cool:

101rs
11-25-2016, 09:09 PM
There are dictatorships that need to be overthrown, then there are dictatorships that should be welcomed with open arms.

If I need to "drop pants altogether" to unify our clan, I'll do it. :cool:

I remember a time before we had PAX , it was not pretty. I vote to keep PAX . :p

Saj5DJ
11-25-2016, 10:25 PM
I remember a time before we had pants , it was not pretty. I vote to keep pants . :p

It's true:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah104/barrygreenaway/Home%20Photos/13450747_10157020805835716_6138039030101466842_n_zpsv5ezefyq.jpg~original

Daniel
11-25-2016, 11:29 PM
It's true:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah104/barrygreenaway/Home%20Photos/13450747_10157020805835716_6138039030101466842_n_zpsv5ezefyq.jpg~original

LOL... Awesome pic! Scary as hell, but awesome... :)

Mike's clearly giving those legs some sun for the first time since "pax". :p

max attack
11-27-2016, 02:16 PM

My spidey senses told me to check into this thread.:)

I'd love to build a halfway decent AM car this time around,new house build next spring and then another bike engine ice racer in the plans so not much spare time.

I think I'd like a nice MR-s for the street since selling my E30.....

Pants does still and will always suck.:D

Saj5DJ
11-29-2016, 01:31 PM
I got an idea: We can publish RAW results next year too, so if you don't like pants, you can just not look at it.

Daniel
11-29-2016, 01:38 PM
I got an idea: We can publish RAW results next year too, so if you don't like pants, you can just not look at it.

Ridiculous

Lynam55
11-29-2016, 08:37 PM
Rediculous

https://media.giphy.com/media/C0z65GND5PgzK/giphy.gif

sjd
11-30-2016, 03:01 PM
I'd love to build a halfway decent AM car this time around,new house build next spring and then another bike engine ice racer in the plans so not much spare time.

I thought you went actual racing this year? Summer racing that is.

max attack
11-30-2016, 05:54 PM
I thought you went actual racing this year? Summer racing that is.

Yes I worked my butt off caging the car,safety gear,brakes and building new areo etc but the CS3 series I was going to play in decided to hold all events on Fridays.

Pissed me off so I didn't play with them,only made it out to 3 track days(bought a boat,enjoyed most weekends on it for a change)

Car is a champ and other than the completely hooped gearbox that came with the car being about to give up its been a rock.

Neither the boat nor the car will get any use next yr with the house build.

Picked up a turbo to swap in place of the sc but I think I'll yank the entire drivetrain and go a different route....I'm confident it'll be the only miata world wide with that engine combo.Only a couple hundred hp but light'ish and no more heat issues to deal with.

I would like something to autox for giggles occasionally though.

needboost
11-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Car is a champ and other than the completely hooped gearbox that came with the car being about to give up its been a rock.

I would like something to autox for giggles occasionally though.

Funny that you say the trans was completely hooped when you bought it. It worked very well before sale and you autoxed it the season after buying it. Then promptly tore the car apart turning it into a different car. Maybe you should have bought something else? Then you wouldn't have to imply, here and elsewhere, more than once that the previous owner knowingly sold you such a shitty car.
I don't appreciate that you've been taking passive aggressive pot shots for three years.

D.

max attack
11-30-2016, 07:46 PM
Pot shots for 3 yrs??...maybe you want to round them up and send them to me then.

You and I have had MANY MANY emails and txts since the sale,not once have I ever said to you or anyone else that I felt like I was duped in any way whatsoever.Anyone that's spent time around me knows I speak my mind....always.

I figured the stiff/notchy shifting it had at purchase was the short shifter or possibly fluid.I did a couple flushes and ran new premium fluid for the start of my 1st yr with it.Wasn't good so I removed the shifter and replaced with a stocker from Paul K.Marginally better but still not like a miata at all,did the shifter rebuild deal for another small but barely noticeable improvement.

End result is the transmission is past its usefull life,I bought a 25 yr old car and consider the car to be flawless for my needs and MORE than happy with my decision to purchase your car.

I also didn't "tear into and turn it into a different car",thats a ridiculous statement considering I added a splitter,wing,swapped to a torsen diff and changed the bushings.And that's it until the safety stuff this past winter,all mechanicals are still exactly as I received them.

I told you before I even drove down to look at it that it would become a competition only car and you've mentioned your regret with what I have done with the car more times then I've ever said the transmission has issues.

I'm VERY VERY happy with this car and I think you sold it for under fair value.

I can't help it if you have sellers remorse,thats your issue and not mine.

Daniel
11-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Awesome guys... thanks for sharing!

needboost
11-30-2016, 08:23 PM
I needed to speak my mind in public. On at least 3 occasions, this being the third, you have made comments in a public forum about the car having issues pre-sale as I to imply I did it knowingly. It is not buyers remorse, I wanted it clear that I did not dupe you. So thank you for saying that. Perhaps consider how things are phrased.
Now build an Amod car and let's do this.

D.

Daniel
11-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Start your own "have at it" thread - love to follow along there. This one's for pasty white legs and pants! :)

max attack
11-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Start your own "have at it" thread - love to follow along there. This one's for pasty white legs and pants! :)

No need for a new thread,its still as much a non issue to me now as its been for 3 yrs.

I'm happy to keep my pasty white legs covered with pants.:)

D'arcy it would be cheaper and much less work for me if you build an ice racer and come into my world......wheel to wheel so the 1st guy to the checker wins no need for hocus pocus math.:D

needboost
11-30-2016, 10:20 PM
Sorry Daniel.
I don't truly have a problem with pants. I just think pants fit other people better than me.
I do like the idea of a separate raw list. But that might be too much work which I understand. Some more competitors in Mod would be awesome too.

D.

Daniel
11-30-2016, 10:49 PM
Sorry Daniel.
I don't truly have a problem with pants. I just think pants fit other people better than me.
I do like the idea of a separate raw list. But that might be too much work which I understand. Some more competitors in Mod would be awesome too.

D.

All events are posted in both Pax and Raw. ;)
http://www.casc.on.ca/autoslalom_results

No better way to add to the numbers in a class AND add to the fun factor (by a large margin) than by taking on a co-driver.