PDA

View Full Version : Car classing question - US Legends car

Andrew Massey
11-28-2016, 06:58 PM
Hello there.

I've recently acquired a Legends race car for the 2017 and am looking to do some road racing to complement the oval racing.

So my question would be:

What class would the car fall into? GT or FL? By what I'm reading, I would guess it counts as a "Sports racer" and due to the size would probably fit into the FL grid, but it is a tube frame, Front engined car with guts ripped out of a motorcycle and a 80s Toyota, so can see how it can fit into GT as well.

I would like to keep the car as close to the INEX rulebook as possible and hopefully can get a few other Legends cars to join me, but get the CASC requirments such as tow hooks, rain lights ect ect.

DavidSim
11-28-2016, 07:27 PM
If it has fenders then I believe it would fit in GT Sprints, probably GT5, but maybe GT4 if the sucker really goes, assuming it passes tech of course.

Pictures would help.

Doug P
11-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Hello there.

I've recently acquired a Legends race car for the 2017 and am looking to do some road racing to complement the oval racing.

So my question would be:

What class would the car fall into? GT or FL? By what I'm reading, I would guess it counts as a "Sports racer" and due to the size would probably fit into the FL grid, but it is a tube frame, Front engined car with guts ripped out of a motorcycle and a 80s Toyota, so can see how it can fit into GT as well.

I would like to keep the car as close to the INEX rulebook as possible and hopefully can get a few other Legends cars to join me, but get the CASC requirments such as tow hooks, rain lights ect ect.

GT Sprints and GT Challenge for sure.

Russ Bond runs his Pro Challenge car with us and it is pretty much the same thing as yours. Class will be bracket time based. Russ is GT4 and I think he has broken out into 1:33s but better aero than yours and may have changed motor.

Look him up for any questions regarding gearing and setup.

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/member.php?u=1145

Andrew Massey
11-28-2016, 09:38 PM
Excellent. Thanks.

I ran GT5/GT6 back a few years ago.

Maybe if I get some slicks, I'll keep up to Russ.... doubt it though! lol.

DavidSim
11-28-2016, 10:46 PM
>>Maybe if I get some slicks, I'll keep up to Russ<<

His little car really goes, it will be interesting to see how fast yours goes !

petawawarace
12-13-2016, 01:21 AM
We run a modified Legend in the formula libre series at calabogie. We have our own legends class now with 5-6 cars. The roof and fender rule is a bunch of BS. These cars weigh a little over 1000# and will be faster than F-vees and some Formula mazdas/ f-1600s. We run 2:18s on the full track at Calabogie. A stock Legend should be around 2:30. There was talk of allowing us into the libre series, but no one has yet to commit to it. Personally I would not race against full size cars with it.