PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Award mystery

TerryF
12-14-2016, 07:09 PM
I was just reading the latest Inside Track magazine and saw that I had won the WRRC Driver of the Year award.
This was a great surprise to me and I would like to most humbly thank the WRRC for choosing me as the 2016 recipient of this prestigious award.
However, please forgive me, but I am not familiar with what the WRRC is?
Thank you again though,
Cheers Terry.

Doug P
12-14-2016, 08:25 PM
I was just reading the latest Inside Track magazine and saw that I had won the WRRC Driver of the Year award.
This was a great surprise to me and I would like to most humbly thank the WRRC for choosing me as the 2016 recipient of this prestigious award.
However, please forgive me, but I am not familiar with what the WRRC is?
Thank you again though,
Cheers Terry.

Congratulations Tterry on whatever the heack it is!!!!! lol

No one told you? Strange. Is it a BARC thing?

HowardCohen
12-14-2016, 09:53 PM
WRRC is the 'Workers Recruitment and Retention Committee', which emcompasses all the volunteers from CASC-OR races and events. The committee consists of representatives from various clubs in Ontario. The awards are based on overall performance as well as contribution to racing. The awards were presented as part of the CASC-OR Gala.

Doug P
12-14-2016, 10:00 PM
WRRC is the 'Workers Recruitment and Retention Committee', which emcompasses all the volunteers from CASC-OR races and events. The committee consists of representatives from various clubs in Ontario. The awards are based on overall performance as well as contribution to racing. The awards were presented as part of the CASC-OR Gala.

Thank you!! Great to know. Shame there is not better visibility on these things. Spread the word.

Shark
12-15-2016, 10:05 AM
Showing up to the Gala would be a start... :D:D:D

Note... this is meant to be humour

And while I'm here ......

Merry Christmas to everyone including Terry ... and ... another :D:D:

TerryF
12-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Thank you Howard for the explanation, I feel even more humbled now.
A very special thanks to all our volunteers who allow us to have so much fun, and to Lubrico Warranty for enabling me to do it, plus BC Race Cars for prepping such a fabulous car to drive.
This award 'blows me away', we don't realize who is watching or what they think.
It re-enforces the need to very mindful of how we behave on and off the track. Which reminds me of my 'Handsome 'friend (we all know who that is). Handsome I would have loved to be at the Gala, but not living round the corner from the hotel like you, I was faced with snow squalls here in London. Discretion being the better part of valour, I stayed home warm and cosy.
Again, many thanks, can't wait for it to start all over again, mystery solved.

Shark
12-15-2016, 11:19 AM
I fully understand Terry. Just having some fun at your expense, as usual...
It's always a pleasure to see you at the track.
Merry Xmas

HowardCohen
12-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Thank you!! Great to know. Shame there is not better visibility on these things. Spread the word.

Every CASC-OR club has the opportunity to have a representative on the WRRC committee but only a few do (6, I believe). We have monthly meetings, usually at the CASC office, with telephone conference for those who cannot attend in person, such as our member in Ottawa. Every CASC club can participate in all CASC events such as the Motorama Car Show display to promote our hobby and their club. However, only a few clubs take part in the activities, often leaving members without representation or knowing what is happening :(

TerryF
12-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Cheers and Merry Christmas Ray.
Next Tuesday evening, a bunch of V8 racers are getting together for a Christmas dinner, lots of laughs, BS and jocularity. A dictionary might help with the last word. You are officially invited, including any other V8'ers. Just let us know. Venue is in the Guelph area.

TerryF
12-16-2016, 12:04 PM
Thanks Howard for further explanation, it has been like a well kept secret.

HowardCohen
12-16-2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks Howard for further explanation, it has been like a well kept secret.

As for secrets, now you will have the CASC version of the RCMP at your door checking on you and your car :)

Bill Lobban
12-17-2016, 05:33 PM
Congratulations Terry. Well deserved.
There were many more well deserved awards presented at the Gala. It would be nice if the winners were made known on this website.

TerryF
12-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Thanks Bill, and absolutely, most of the Awards are not self descriptive.

ellswrth
12-19-2016, 11:22 PM
Maybe this would be appreciated by those who weren't able to attend.

Complete awards slideshow from the 2016 52nd Annual CASC-OR Race Awards Gala (http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/files/52nd_annual_awards_gala.pdf)

It's unedited, but skip over the parts where we're waiting on dessert to be served ;)

It's also missing the winner of the Elizabeth Dorey award (because that isn't known to anyone before it is announced at the Gala) but this year it was awarded to Dave King.

Doug P
12-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Maybe this would be appreciated by those who weren't able to attend.

Complete awards slideshow from the 2016 52nd Annual CASC-OR Race Awards Gala (http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/files/52nd_annual_awards_gala.pdf)

It's unedited, but skip over the parts where we're waiting on dessert to be served ;)

It's also missing the winner of the Elizabeth Dorey award (because that isn't known to anyone before it is announced at the Gala) but this year it was awarded to Dave King.

That's great information Scott. Thanks. The only thing missing is election information.

terrydale
12-20-2016, 12:21 PM
That's great information Scott. Thanks. The only thing missing is election information.

http://www.casc.on.ca/content/contacts

TerryF
12-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Thanks Scott, that was a great slide show. Maybe publishing that every year would be appreciated by all, and it's also a good marketing ploy.
The archives must have tons of photos and information to be enjoyed and shared to all. I know it's a huge task, just a thought.

HowardCohen
12-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Thanks Scott, that was a great slide show. Maybe publishing that every year would be appreciated by all, and it's also a good marketing ploy.
The archives must have tons of photos and information to be enjoyed and shared to all. I know it's a huge task, just a thought.

I have thousands (about 85,000) of race and car photos on my photo page but I wonder how many people from this forum look at the photos. Would adding a photo page here be more beneficial? Remember that photos, even thumbnails, take up lots of space and that could be a problem.

http://public.fotki.com/howardcohen/