PDA

View Full Version : *** 2017 Trillium Autoslalom Schedule ***

EMPOWERD
01-04-2017, 03:43 PM
(Edited & Updated March 28th) These are the confirmed dates for the 2017 year.

Best 4 out of 6 events for point standings.

2017 Season Dates:
Sunday April 23
Sunday June 25
Sunday July 30
Sunday Aug 13
Sunday Sept 17
Sunday Nov 5 (**CHANGED!**)

The Powerade Centre
7575 Kennedy Rd,
Brampton, ON
L6W 4T2
Google Map Link (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=powerade+center&hl=en&sll=43.548599,-79.626427&sspn=0.652948,1.454315&hq=powerade+center&t=m&z=15&iwloc=A)

Times:
Registration opens 9:00am
First Car Off 10:00am

Cost:
$40.00 (new for 2017) MUST SHOW CASC AFFILIATE VALID 2017 MEMBERSHIP UPON REGISTRATION!

Click --->>>> LINK (https://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/autocross/?country=CA&q=trillium&radius=300) <<<<---Here

Requirements:
1) Racers must be CASC-affiliate, PCA or BMWCCC member in good-standing for 2017.
To become a "BMW CCC" member, annual fee is $62.15 (HST included), membership registration available on-site.
2) Helmets are always mandatory (for all race events). A rated SA2010 or newer is required.
Some loaner helmets will be available for rent, but this is on a first come, first serve basis. Helmet rentals are free.
3) If you plan on competing towards the autoslalom finals & competition trophy (awarded at the Christmas Dinner) we take the best 4 of 6 results.
4) Register early and get your car ready. Be part of the track walk. This is the most important part to learn the course!
Late-comers will have to get rides with other participants to learn the course. If you miss the track walk, and you may also miss out on your first practice run!
5) Registration for 2017 season can be done electronically via our website (link above), or just arrive & pay for simplicity. There's no maximum # of cars!
6) 2017 Club memberships are also being done electronically and that feature is already up and running.
7) As usual with both facilities, washrooms will always be open for usage all day long. You can buy lunch at the Powerade concession.

sjd
01-04-2017, 06:06 PM
(new for 2017) MUST BE TRILLIUM MEMBER!

So no more CASC-affiliate members allowed? Interesting.

max attack
01-06-2017, 12:34 AM
Its almost like the bmw guys don't want prepped miatas(or maybe a certain imprezza)showing up and ruining their show.;)

Daniel
01-06-2017, 02:28 AM
A rated SA2015 is required

And with an SA2015 no less.

Wow Trillium! Good luck!

It's sad. Good venues are becoming increasingly difficult to find, and now event options are becoming less and less available.

mikewolf
01-06-2017, 07:09 AM
I think the $62 fee is a good thing. It will keep any autocrosser who isn't a trillium member safe from experiencing those courses. I guess they feel it's a good deal if you break it down in $/ turn.

Daniel
01-06-2017, 09:59 AM
They can design their courses however they like. At $450 (helmet/membership/entry) to enter an event, my M3, SA2010 and I won't be there.

wparsons
01-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Curious why SA helmets are required on all cars when other organizations are fine with Snell M helmets for cars that aren't caged?

IIRC 2010 helmets are good for race up until the end of 2017 as well.

Saj5DJ
01-06-2017, 06:04 PM
2010 helmets are good til 2020's come out. With literally every single organization thay mandates Snell helmets.

Except one apparently. Typo guys?

Brutus
01-06-2017, 10:34 PM
"Racers must be a BMWCCC member for 2017 (CASC-affiliate members must join Trillium - for insurance purposes)."

Does the Trillium club have a different insurance provider than other CASC-affiliated clubs?

Why is BMWCCC a member of CASC if they don't allow members of other CASC clubs to run their events ?

EMPOWERD
03-28-2017, 01:06 PM
After some discussion with the board of directors, we have changed our (initial) requirement of a Trillium-only member to participate. I hope it's not too late and that most racers here have not excluded us from their 2017 schedule. As long as you're a valid 2017 CASC affiliate club member or PCA (need to bring proof for registration), you're golden!

The SA2015 helmet rule was a typo. It's actually SA2010 or newer. Sorry again for the confusion guys.

Saj5DJ
03-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Still definitely only SA Randy?

There aren't any other groups in North America that require SA for autocross (as opposed to M or SA) for any cars that aren't caged.

Daniel
03-28-2017, 07:52 PM
After some discussion with the board of directors, we have changed our (initial) requirement of a Trillium-only member to participate. I hope it's not too late and that most racers here have not excluded us from their 2017 schedule. As long as you're a valid 2017 CASC affiliate club member or PCA (need to bring proof for registration), you're golden!

The SA2015 helmet rule was a typo. It's actually SA2010 or newer. Sorry again for the confusion guys.

Glad to hear it! Works in everyone's favour.

Still a bit surprised about the SA2010 requirement, but it's sure better than 2015. I just hope you don't lose too many entries because of it.

EMPOWERD
04-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Definitely an SA2010 requirement (due to our insurance regulation). I've got many M helmets at home (I also ride) so I know the frustration. Sorry guys

wparsons
04-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Curious as to which insurance company is mandating that when ASN is fine with 2005 helmets until the end of 2018.

EMPOWERD
04-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Curious as to which insurance company is mandating that when ASN is fine with 2005 helmets until the end of 2018.

Our insurance policy requires that we "apply our best efforts" to keep the participants as safe as possible.

BMW Trillium does not have the resources to conduct research into the crash worthiness of helmets and other safety gear, so it must rely on the research conducted by sanctioned organizations such as FIA, SFI, Snell Foundation, etc. In the case of helmets, the Snell Foundation recommends that helmets 10 years or older should no longer be used. BMW Trillium will adhere to these recommendations, so SA 2010 and SA 2015 are allowed, but SA 2005 are not allowed.

Also, because motorcycle helmets (Snell SM) are tested in a different environment pertaining to motorcycles, the Snell Foundation does not rate them for automobile usage (SA), so they are not accepted for automobile motorsports.
We do not wish to be involved in a law suit where we had allowed outdated or incorrect equipment and someone was injured. You would be amazed what a lawyer could do with this.

Saj5DJ
04-03-2017, 03:16 PM
They recommend replacing every 5 years actually, but that's independent of the standard its certified to:

http://www.smf.org/helmetfaq#aWhyReplace

I.E: You should replace your 5+ year old SA/M2010, but a a 3 year old SA/M2010 is fine.

That document also specs what the intent is of the standards. M is for "motorcycling and other motorsports" and the difference of an SA helmet is that it is rated for fire resistance and multiple impacts against rollbars.

FIA rated helmets only is an option if you want to ensure the best possible equipment.

wparsons
04-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Full spec differences between M, SA and K:

SA standard requires flammability test while the M and K standards do not.
The SA and K standards allow for a narrower visual field than the M standard (Some SA and K certified helmets may not be street legal).
The SA and K standards include a rollbar multi-impact test while the M standard does not.

When you can run time attack (per ASN's rules) in an M helmet as long as the car doesn't have a roll cage, requiring one for autoslalom seems like an odd move. If the SA is needed for fire protection, is a full race suit also required?

At the end of the day, my neck isn't on the line... but it seems like a really bizarre decision knowing what every other group does.

EMPOWERD
05-09-2017, 08:52 AM
April Results are up (image attached). Sorry for the delay. See you June 25th!

EMPOWERD
07-05-2017, 09:12 AM
June results are in, please visit link to view them:

https://www.trilliumbmwclub.ca/forum/8