PDA

View Full Version : OMSC Autoslalom Dates for 2017

Locost
01-07-2017, 02:09 PM
We have the following dates for the Durham College Whitby Campus parking lot.

They are April 16, July 2, Aug 6 and Sept 3 and Oct 8.

The CTMP (Mosport) Paddock dates are as follows

Saturday June 24, Saturday September 27 and Sunday September 28.
The June 24th event will be $25 for everyone.

Our events are open to everyone and lunch will still be provided.

The cost is $40 for non members and $25 for OMSC members. We're going to offer half day entries again this year. $25 for non members and $15 for OMSC members. It'll be the same for both morning and afternoon runs. Lunch is included with both full day and half day entries.

Registration will open at 8am, course walk at 9am and first car away at 9:30am. Coffee and Tim Bits are provided to early arrivals (especially if they help set up).

Thanks
Andy Patterson
OMSC president

sjd
01-07-2017, 04:49 PM
We`re thinking of making the April 16 date a test and tune day. We`ll have the timing equipment set up but you don`t need to marshal. We can also have a compressor, accurate tire gauge and infrared thermometer available to anyone who needs them. Just line up and take as many runs as you want. Is there any interest in us doing this? Please note that the date in April is Easter Sunday. Unfortunately we can't pick and choose our dates as the parking lot is also used by the school for other functions.

This could be a great idea. The only concern I would have is that the weather can be dicey mid-April but I know that's the only date available.

Red5OH
01-08-2017, 10:37 AM
This could be a great idea. The only concern I would have is that the weather can be dicey mid-April but I know that's the only date available.

Yah, we were thinking that too. Hopefully we can secure a day in May before Autoslalom Regionals at Picton (usually end of May). But as of now, our venue has allotted the 16th of April, and we're wondering what you guys think.

But the format would be as Andy mentioned:
- Timing equipment
- A station allocated for, tire pressure adjustment and tire temp measurement

No marshalling, but unlimited use of the course to:
- make suspension adjustments before the season
- try out and adjust any mods made over the winter
- try out new rubber you bought over the winter

The course will be technical and representative of typical challenges commonly found throughout the season.

Ziploc
01-08-2017, 04:46 PM

All the more reason for it to be a test day and not a scored event in my opinion.

CDNMadeHondaGuy
01-17-2017, 11:29 AM
After our exec meeting last night, we finalized some events...

So Far:

April 15, Test and Tune (Durham College-Whitby Campus)

June 24/25, CTMP-Paddocks, Saturday Regional, Sunday Club event, POSSIBILITY of Lunchtime Alligator Lapping on Saturday.

September 3, Event-REGIONAL, (Durham College-Whitby Campus)

Other probable dates awaiting confirmation:

July 2
August 6
October 8

Updates will come as confirmations roll in......

sjd
01-17-2017, 12:19 PM
A
June 24/25, CTMP-Paddocks, Saturday Regional, Sunday Club event, POSSIBILITY of Lunchtime Alligator Lapping on Saturday.

What do you mean by paddock? The last time we were in the paddock at CTMP it seemed like we were there solely to help subsidize the time attack event. There were a lot of issues.

CDNMadeHondaGuy
01-17-2017, 04:34 PM
Heard about the issues and trying to work through them. And this isn't to help cover the costs, this is to showcase motorsports, as we are also taking to Race to put on few races over the weekend. So this will be a one stop shop from the grassiest grassroots, trough time attack and on to race. As well we are inviting sponsors to set up and a possibility of clubs setting up boths as well....

We are planning for this to be a "BIG" weekend......

sjd
01-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Heard about the issues and trying to work through them. And this isn't to help cover the costs, this is to showcase motorsports, as we are also taking to Race to put on few races over the weekend. So this will be a one stop shop from the grassiest grassroots, trough time attack and on to race. As well we are inviting sponsors to set up and a possibility of clubs setting up boths as well....

We are planning for this to be a "BIG" weekend......

That's great to hear! If this is a weekend promoting all of the CASC disciplines (the summer ones anyway) then I'm certainly on board for that.

Saj5DJ
06-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Is the June 24th event still happening Bruce (club level or otherwise?) Planning my cone time.

Locost
06-09-2017, 06:42 PM
June 24 is a go.
Enter through the main gates. We're running in the middle paddock.
$25 for everyone. Pay and register when you arrive. Registration opens at 8am, drivers meeting and course walk at 9, first car away at 9:30.
Race is sponsoring lunch for all competitors. Pretty sweet deal overall.

BMWWW.
06-29-2017, 09:53 AM
Just to confirm:
July 2nd event this weekend @ Durham College Whitby Campus, will we be utilizing the "Founders lot 2" at the southwest corner of Conlin Rd and Simcoe St N?
https://goo.gl/maps/gsMQXcjyts42

wparsons
06-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Just to confirm:
July 2nd event this weekend @ Durham College Whitby Campus, will we be utilizing the "Founders lot 2" at the southwest corner of Conlin Rd and Simcoe St N?
https://goo.gl/maps/gsMQXcjyts42

Unless they changed from past years, that's the wrong campus.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Durham+College+-+Whitby+Campus/@43.871144,-78.9022807,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d51d9164477939:0x5279b32658f31267!8m2!3d43.871144!4d-78.900092?hl=en

Locost
06-29-2017, 10:54 AM
The parking lot we use is at the Durham College Whitby Campus. 1601 Champlain Whitby

BMWWW.
06-29-2017, 11:31 AM
The parking lot we use is at the Durham College Whitby Campus. 1601 Champlain Whitby

Roughly here?
https://goo.gl/maps/PK6FvMBQYc12

Locost
06-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Roughly here?
https://goo.gl/maps/PK6FvMBQYc12

Exactly there