PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Regional Schedule Input

CDNMadeHondaGuy
01-10-2017, 10:13 PM
First off, I'm Bruce Gray, OMSC, the new AUTOSLALOM director for Barry's final year. Thanks for all your efforts Barry!

No changes to car classifications or points/pax.

I am looking for input for events. Currently we have two double header weekends, a possible third and two single day events with perhaps a third. Question I have is what would work through best for the competitors? Sound good so far? More single day events?

Let me know...... post here or email me through CASC.....

Thanks! Looking forward to a great year!

BTW, how do I get my picture to stay on my signature?!

sjd
01-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Welcome Bruce! I hope your Irish accent is up to par as I'm not sure if we're ready for a director we can actually understand again. :p

Personally, 2-3 double header weekends and 2-3 single day events works just fine. I like it when we have a best 5 out of 8 or best 6 out of 9 as it does mean the ability to drop or not attend some events but still be eligible to score points for the entire series.

mikewolf
01-11-2017, 08:04 AM
Welcome Bruce. It sounds like you have a decent schedule set up. I don't think anyone will complain with 2-3 doubles and 2-3 singles. For me the biggest thing is getting enough notice as i work a lot of weekends. Notice is also especially handy for the double headers that often require booking hotels.

If you have any tentative dates now, I'm sure people would appreciate hearing them. In the past, there have been lots of changes with regards to scheduling and I haven't heard anyone really complain that they were given tentative dates ahead of time and those dates changed. We all understand that we are at the mercy of the lot owners

MartynD
01-16-2017, 02:06 PM
First off, I'm Bruce Gray, OMSC, the new AUTOSLALOM director for Barry's final year. Thanks for all your efforts Barry!

whoops none? The BRZ/FRS didn't get bumped to DS this year?

Daniel
01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
whoops none? The BRZ/FRS didn't get bumped to DS this year?

I'm sure Bruce means no local changes. Still SCCA classing/changes - I assume

Saj5DJ
01-16-2017, 04:19 PM
I'm sure Bruce means no local changes. Still SCCA classing/changes - I assume

Plus all red Miatas owned by Irish guys to HS

Daniel
01-16-2017, 09:27 PM
Plus all red Miatas owned by Irish guys to HS

Sounds about right. Along with all old, slow, black, 4 door family sedan's!

mikewolf
01-17-2017, 10:59 AM
While we are at it, why not lump anything older than 1973 in there. Those old jalopies are not competitive with modern technology.

CDNMadeHondaGuy
01-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Just looking for Schedule Inputs.....

As for rules, thought we were banning Subaru's?! :p

Whatever changes made to the SCCA Rules Would be incorporated, and I have yet to look at them. I have been out of slalom for quite a while and just starting to get a hold of things......

That being said, please send me any questions or proposed changes and why to the email through CASC and I will see what they say and if it is a few for the same things, I will put them on the forum.

Tentative schedule coming very soon!:D

sjd
01-17-2017, 11:48 AM
As for rules, thought we were banning Subaru's?! :p

You have been out of autoslalom a while. Subarus aren't fast anymore. :D

CDNMadeHondaGuy
01-24-2017, 11:39 AM
I have been weeding through 316 pages of SCCA 2017 Autoslalom rules...... ugh!

Tentative Schedule coming very soon!

Daniel
01-24-2017, 12:05 PM

So you have it memorized, Bruce? There will be a test very soon! 😉

Red5OH
01-24-2017, 12:54 PM

Tentative Schedule coming very soon!

Would the Schedule also include an Open House date?

CDNMadeHondaGuy
01-24-2017, 03:15 PM
An open house hasn't been determined yet, but yes, if there is one, that would be included. I have also asked SPDA if they are doing their school again this year and when if they are, I will include that in the schedule as well.

Is the test open book?????:confused::eek::D

Saj5DJ
01-24-2017, 06:49 PM
I've basically been our go to guy for car classing questions for a while Bruce. Happy to keep doing so.

Slowpoke
01-24-2017, 08:25 PM

I am looking for input for events.

Congrats on the new job, Bruce! I was having a look at last year's results.... 20 did the minimum five events (including org points, I assume) and 36 total registered. It looks like getting new people in the regionals will be critical.

What's the plan to make the regionals more attractive? Especially to novice competitors.

sjd
01-24-2017, 11:41 PM
Congrats on the new job, Bruce! I was having a look at last year's results.... 20 did the minimum five events (including org points, I assume) and 36 total registered. It looks like getting new people in the regionals will be critical.

What's the plan to make the regionals more attractive? Especially to novice competitors.

Says the guy who hasn't run in years as evidenced by the fact that organizer points haven't existed for a while. ;)

Seriously though, I don't know how critical it will be since while there were only a total of 36 series registered competitors last year, the attendance at most of the regional events was pretty strong and strong attendance is what makes the clubs want to continue hosting them.

Picton Saturday - 86 competitors
Picton Sunday - 55 competitors
WOSCA - 36 competitors
TLMC Saturday - 61 competitors
TLMC Sunday - 82 competitors
OMSC - 52 competitors
WOSCA - 26 competitors

So perhaps the bigger question might be, why aren't more people series registering? The only real anecdotal evidence that I can provide is based on quite a few people telling me that there is no real incentive to series register. If you look at the last few years within the classing families, there are a lot of the same names at the top so why pay $35 to score points knowing that you as a driver or your car or both aren't competitive?

Also, I'm bringing out a new series competitor next year but I only had one kid so there aren't any more where that came from. :p

Daniel
01-25-2017, 10:03 AM
I'd say a lack of awareness and a proper understanding of what the regionals are is always an issue. And many still believe that you have to have reached a certain level before you're able to compete. I think the intimidation level still exists, in large part due to a lack of knowledge I'm sure.

Snizzoop
01-25-2017, 10:50 AM
The reality is that anyone can travel around and participate at any and all (excluding BMWCCC/Trillium LOL) events in Ontario...regional or not. The question is, "Why should one pay the $35 to "join" the regional series?" Seriously...why?

I join because there's a good chance I'll win a $15 trophy (and some of them fancy tires). Why should a low to mid performing n00b join the series? Where is the incentive? I don't have any answer to this.

Saj5DJ
01-25-2017, 11:11 AM
The number of people series registered has been pretty consistent year on year for a long time.

It's there for competitors that want to compete for the championship and the contingency winnings offered.

It's a pretty strange metric to pick for equating a crisis of entries.

Edit: That being said though, I do feel that I personally didn't do enough to provide awards for rookies. There are opportunities there I'm sure that probably bear their own discussion instead of opportunistically crapping up the schedule thread.

Red5OH
01-25-2017, 01:02 PM
The number of people series registered has been pretty consistent year on year for a long time.

It's there for competitors that want to compete for the championship and the contingency winnings offered.

It's a pretty strange metric to pick for equating a crisis of entries.

Edit: That being said though, I do feel that I personally didn't do enough to provide awards for rookies. There are opportunities there I'm sure that probably bear their own discussion instead of opportunistically crapping up the schedule thread.

Just a thought but...

How about each champion in each class, wins free entry into next year's regional autoslalom series (provided they run the same class - half otherwise) for the full calendar. They're targets to class competitors anyway. We keep records of 1st place winners. We can have them wear "___ Class Champion" on their vehicles, throughout the season.

If you're the only competitor in the class then it's discounted to the individual club price of entry the following year.

Just something to aim for.

2nd and 3rd get nothing. "Cause if you ain't 1st you're last"

Slowpoke
01-25-2017, 01:57 PM
SJD: Got me there, I have only participated in autoslalom events in the Ontario 1500 / CTDA series the last two years. Otherwise, my participation with autoslalom lately has only been for the spring school.

My reason for asking is that Bruce has contacted SPDA about our participation in the regional series, and we have an AGM this Saturday where the Autoslalom Ambassador position is up for election. I haven't seen a nomination for the position yet. The regional numbers seem low to me compared to the last time I competed in it... even lower than OTA's challenging numbers where I'm more involved. So, I'm trying to acquaint myself with the situation with regionals. Not trying to crap on a thread, but my inquiry is relevant to the 2017 autoslalom schedule.

sjd
01-25-2017, 06:41 PM
SJD: Got me there, I have only participated in autoslalom events in the Ontario 1500 / CTDA series the last two years. Otherwise, my participation with autoslalom lately has only been for the spring school.

My reason for asking is that Bruce has contacted SPDA about our participation in the regional series, and we have an AGM this Saturday where the Autoslalom Ambassador position is up for election. I haven't seen a nomination for the position yet. The regional numbers seem low to me compared to the last time I competed in it... even lower than OTA's challenging numbers where I'm more involved. So, I'm trying to acquaint myself with the situation with regionals. Not trying to crap on a thread, but my inquiry is relevant to the 2017 autoslalom schedule.

While I disagree about things being in crisis, I really was only teasing about your absence in autoslalom Steve.

I do have a question though in regards to the autoslalom school. Every year it's sold out and a great success. Do you have an idea of how many of those that do the school move over to regularly competing in autocross or do a lot of attendees see it as a skid school to improve their street driving skills?

Daniel
01-25-2017, 07:00 PM
I do have a question though in regards to the autoslalom school. Every year it's sold out and a great success. Do you have an idea of how many of those that do the school move over to regularly competing in autocross or do a lot of attendees see it as a skid school to improve their street driving skills?

Large majority to improve street driving. Very few translate into interest in motorsports.

sjd
01-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Large majority to improve street driving. Very few translate into interest in motorsports.

Thanks Daniel!

This just contributes to the notion that autoslalom really is a tiny niche market and I don't think it's ever going to grow to the point where we have 80-100 series registered competitors.

Daniel
01-25-2017, 08:01 PM
I should clarify. Lots of interest in the idea, but very few translate into regular competitors.

darcyw
01-25-2017, 08:14 PM
why pay the $35? it supports the series. it supports CASC. it supports grassroots competition. and really, its pretty damn cheap- $35? really? someone is going to complain about paying $35? crap, those people in Toronto pay $35 a day just to park. I would go mental if I had to pay for parking every day.

why did I start doing the provincial series? I wanted more than just going to local events. I wanted more seat time. I enjoy the competition, even if i'm not. I like the bigger courses, various cars, and variety- I like seeing interesting elements that can be incorporated into local events. I like getting up really early in the morning, driving long distances, standing around in the heat, then driving home in the dark.

AAAND, what the hell else am I going to do on a sunday in the summer? golf?

riiiight.

darcy

JoeT
01-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Thanks Daniel!

This just contributes to the notion that autoslalom really is a tiny niche market and I don't think it's ever going to grow to the point where we have 80-100 series registered competitors.

In the previous years, when we ran regionals, greater than 20 percent would run in Autocross in the Regionals. That still remains true to last year, but they are not doing regionals, they do PITL and other local events.

We maintain lists from the past 10 years, and you'll find it interesting how many actually are still around doing Autocrosses.

I'll be happy to share "eyes only" lists, as we can't share their details for obvious reasons, and you'll recognize the names.

Saj5DJ
01-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Ryan, you usually read theae things. What kind of numbers did you guys get from the school grads last year?

sjd
01-26-2017, 11:07 PM
In the previous years, when we ran regionals, greater than 20 percent would run in Autocross in the Regionals. That still remains true to last year, but they are not doing regionals, they do PITL and other local events.

We maintain lists from the past 10 years, and you'll find it interesting how many actually are still around doing Autocrosses.

I'll be happy to share "eyes only" lists, as we can't share their details for obvious reasons, and you'll recognize the names.

People who haven't autocrossed in years are coming out of the woodwork! :p

Seriously though, I'd like to see those lists as I'm quite curious to see who did end up in what series. I can't recall seeing too many of the school participants over the years up here at TLMC. Those that do come to mind include both Barry and myself.

PITL has always had a committed, loyal following as it's well run with good competition and the only series within the GTA. The Regionals could change to PITL's ruleset tomorrow and I still highly doubt we'd see more than a handful of them jump to the Regionals. I do know of one school graduate from the past couple of years that only does PITL.

As Daniel mentioned above the Regionals might suffer from both a lack of awareness and understanding of what it's all about but I agree with Barry that the number of people series registered has been pretty consistent. Every time I think of someone who used to run the series but doesn't anymore I think of an equivalent person who is new to the sport. I still maintain it's a niche sport so we're never going to see massive numbers and are certainly not anywhere near what could be called a crisis.

Why should we think about changing things when those of us that actually run the series, attend the workshops and participate in discussion both here and on Facebook seem quite content with how things have been during the last few years?

CDNMadeHondaGuy
01-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Thanks for ALL the input....... Answers and plans for so many questions and comments....

So, why should I pay for a regional license/registration?

Well, it does support CASC which at one time was the top of the sport in the province, and still is. And, it does get you your plaques/prizes and, with the regional registration, we show those numbers to potential sponsors and it can get better. Why did we have a Toyo tire sponsorship and the potential to win a set of tires? Because we showed Toyo that we have people in the province running a series consistently with several clubs in support. And by offering their sponsorship and a pair of tires for someone who is series registered, they have the opportunity to win those tires. With higher registrations, the more we can potentially "sell" to sponsors.

Kent, great idea and if the series regulars like it, I will do it.

This is YOUR series, so what YOU want I will do!

As for fees, the actually permit fees are going down this year by $75/event and $200 for double header/two events. So less HST too! Regional registration/license for the series is now at $40. And the money generated is going back to Autoslalom. A banquet/get together/awards night is being planned to happen with two weeks of the last event. And this is the money that is to cover it. It may be not be fancy, but it will be fun.

I would like to attract clubs back to running slaloms, I have asked SPDA, PMSC, MCO and St Lac if they would like to do one this year. I am hoping for a 9-10 race schedule. If I get 10, it will be the best of 7.

The wonderful thing about different clubs hosting different regional events at different venues is exactly that, different venues. Who would like to run at Mosport in the paddock? Yes it's tight, which makes it challenging. Running at Picton is a blast, wide open, fast and the longest that has been on the schedule. Hiawatha downs is in an area that not a lot of folks from Toronto get to see, and heading down to Sarnia is interesting, and the waterfront in town is quite nice.

This is a province wide series. And the does showcase the best in our sport. And the best can be someone that has been doing it for 25 years or 25 minutes. It improves our skills. And makes friendships that last outside of the sport.

Competition is high, PITL, CSCS, Trillium, even some manufacturers hold single mark events, yes that are expensive, but nonetheless, it is an additional opportunity for people to enjoy their cars full potential.

We are united by our love for auto sport. The car we actually drive and enjoy and the thrill of competition. Not too many of us will be driving for Mercedes or Ferrari one day, but that dream is there. For some, this is the top of their driving career and they love it. Some will use this as a stepping stone to TA or even race.

At one time the regional event was the "Not Miss" event and I would like to keep it that way. But with limited $$$ we can only do so much and with the series registered competitors, the more we have, the more we can do, the better we can sell the sport to potential sponsors. So please think about that!

That being said, current tentative schedule which will be posted as things get firmed up a little better in February is:

May 27/28 (awaiting confirmation, MCO, possibly also the first weekend of June)
June 24 (Confirmed, OMSC)
July 16 (Confirmed, WOSCA)
August 19/20 (Confirmed, TLMC)
September 3 (Confirmed, OMSC)

Dates are open for the beginning of May, (don't forget some will be attending the Time Attack school the weekend of May 13)
So dates in June, July, August and September all still up. Like to have the series done by October 1, 7th the latest and a party the 14th.

So let me know! PM me with anything. Email via CASC.

I know I haven't done any for many years, and I know my car won't be competitive, but it will be fun. And isn't that the name of the game?

Thanks for the input. An email will be going out to the club directors with the new fees and like I said, the full schedule I am hoping to post with in two weeks.

Thanks again to all the dedicated individuals for our sport. And I don't believe it's in crisis, just in flux, and seems to be warming up to a resurgence. OMSC enjoyed four club events last year with 45++ entrants for each event. Numbers like that haven't been seen in a few years. Hopefully, an upward trend!

13inches
01-27-2017, 11:52 AM
Ryan, you usually read theae things. What kind of numbers did you guys get from the school grads last year?
I can't speak to that because I don't have the info. We get a bunch of newbies every event, and not much chance to find out how they found out about us.

sjd
01-27-2017, 02:16 PM

Well, it does support CASC which at one time was the top of the sport in the province, and still is. And, it does get you your plaques/prizes and, with the regional registration, we show those numbers to potential sponsors and it can get better. Why did we have a Toyo tire sponsorship and the potential to win a set of tires? Because we showed Toyo that we have people in the province running a series consistently with several clubs in support. And by offering their sponsorship and a pair of tires for someone who is series registered, they have the opportunity to win those tires. With higher registrations, the more we can potentially "sell" to sponsors.

Since I'm one of the 36 that series registered in 2016 I agree with this, however my point was that most of the people that did a regional event don't because they don't see the value in it. None of what you just posted applies to them.

So what kind of incentives could we offer?

Kent's idea of free entries next year to class winners?

Discounted events for series registered competitors?

A draw for a free set of tires for series registered competitors who do the minimum number of events regardless of where they finish?

Priority marshalling positions?

Priority access to the wifi for results?

Barry is correct in that we could do more for the rookies in 2017 so that is a discussion we need to have.

I would like to attract clubs back to running slaloms, I have asked SPDA, PMSC, MCO and St Lac if they would like to do one this year. I am hoping for a 9-10 race schedule. If I get 10, it will be the best of 7.

The reason we don't have a 10 race schedule is due to lack of venues, not due to lack of a clubs interested in hosting them. PMSC and SPDA both had venues that weren't the safest for autoslalom. WOSCA lost and then found a new venue. St. Lac has suffered from a lack of manpower the past couple of years. HADA folded as a club. TAC no longer holds autoslaloms. MCO runs a successful series in Ottawa and has many members attend Picton but it's been well over a decade since we had a Regional there.

Competition is high, PITL, CSCS, Trillium, even some manufacturers hold single mark events, yes that are expensive, but nonetheless, it is an additional opportunity for people to enjoy their cars full potential.

Thanks again to all the dedicated individuals for our sport. And I don't believe it's in crisis, just in flux, and seems to be warming up to a resurgence. OMSC enjoyed four club events last year with 45++ entrants for each event. Numbers like that haven't been seen in a few years. Hopefully, an upward trend!

CSCS is absolutely not our competition. Most of their attendees aren't aware of what autocross is. :p

Based on my experience, both PITL and Trillium draw mostly loyal competitors who wouldn't run in any other series. OMSC is seeing entrants because they now have an excellent venue that is close to the GTA and word is getting out. However, like PITL, Trillium and my club, TLMC, I see a lot of competitors who don't run any other Regional events. I'm sure a finite amount of time and money is most likely the cause.

I took a look back through results going as far back as 2001 and while the names have changed, the numbers of Regional series registered competitors hasn't. It seems to hover around 40.

http://www.swbs.com/solo2.html#2001results

Of course, my data is incomplete as there a lot of missing results from when the website/domain changed. It would be great to get them back up on the new site. I would also recommend compiling them all together and looking at the data on series attendance. I think you'd find that from 2010 when we saw the introduction of 2 street tire classes to 2012 when we adopted the SCCA ruleset, that there would have been steady growth in the overall attendance of competitors at each event, although 2016 was down slightly from the couple of years prior. Still, I think this speaks to the stability of the ruleset.

I certainly don't want to appear negative Bruce and am willing to assist in any way possible. I look forward to discussing things further tomorrow night. :)

CDNMadeHondaGuy
01-30-2017, 02:13 PM
Thanks again for all the input and I will take anything anyone can help with.

Sorry I didn't make it Saturday night but looks a break down of communication was the error for that, not to mention the weather turned crummy and a drive from south of Mosport to Hamilton seemed not the best idea.....

As for events, and clubs, venues are hard to find, but some clubs are coming back including St Lac and they are working on the possibility of Shannonville, whether on the track or skidpad, I don't know. And still waiting to hear from other clubs.

For a regional competitor discount at the events, that is up to the individual clubs as they set the prices, I only set the permit fee prices and as mentioned, I have reduced them for 2017. If the clubs want to make up a discount for regional competitors or there own club members, it's up to them, but I know at times the costs can become an issue. I'm not sure what Picton costs to rent over a weekend, but they also have to consider renting porta-potties and security for those that leave their equipment overnight. And that would be the same for other venues that don't have handy facilities.

I will have all the awards and more stuff when I come to the events and the Open House registration is being finalized, so that announcement to follow. And I will have things with me then.

As for idea's and helping, please send me an email through the CASC-OR website or pm me and I will give you all my contact info and get some stuff accomplished.

Season is only three months away....... Lots to do!

Cliff96
01-30-2017, 03:10 PM
Of course, my data is incomplete as there a lot of missing results from when the website/domain changed. It would be great to get them back up on the new site.
I'd love to have them up on the new site too, but the CMS that is on the "new" site makes is really time consuming to upload a batch of things - lots of pointing and clicking, and all one at a time - so with 40-60 files to upload per season - there's no access to the back end, like the old site - ok for one or two things, but too much for unpaid work to back-fill the old results imo.

Thought they were still online, through the wayback machine, but looks like only the results index pages got captured for the most - I'll take a look at home, I think I backed up the timing machines from that era and should have most of the results.
http://web.archive.org/web/20150915004606/http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/2012results.php

The pre-2004 results look like they were crawled, so you can find them here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040703224842/http://www.solo2ontario.com/events/previousresults.php

TOYSRUS
01-30-2017, 03:27 PM
That being said, current tentative schedule which will be posted as things get firmed up a little better in February is:

May 27/28 (awaiting confirmation, MCO, possibly also the first weekend of June)
June 24 (Confirmed, OMSC)
July 16 (Confirmed, WOSCA)
August 19/20 (Confirmed, TLMC)
September 3 (Confirmed, OMSC)

Venue for the MCO (yet to be confirmed) event in May/June?

Snizzoop
01-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Venue for the MCO (yet to be confirmed) event in May/June?

Picton?

needboost
02-01-2017, 05:31 AM

Who won the Toyo tires?
Plaques or prizes from last year's regionals have been handed out?
BFG was also apparently a contingency sponsor last year. Did they hand anything out?
I remember TLMC as a club handing out some prizes, my gut as evidence. I don't remember any other clubs offering anything extra to regional competitors and I only remember Barry raffling a couple things at the last TLMC regional. I am ass, just ask Steven, so I am only making this post above as a point of reference.

As for the schedule...
I have autoxed for a year or two, last year being my first regional season. I had a blast and loved the camaraderie especially at the double headers. I would say maintain a minimum of two double header weekends and if you get more, then great! They were the best part of last season.

D.

rustysteel
02-01-2017, 08:07 PM
I'm hoping to do a full regional series this year and I agree that the camaraderie is what keeps me coming back, and of course the racing.
My kids are getting to an age where they will come with me and as soon as they are old enough they will be racing too, if they want. My point is, new generations are what will build this sport, so get the kids out there. Show them that racing is fun, get them off the phones and chasing cones.
I'm starting a t-shirt campaign "get them off the phones, chase some cones". Autocross for life...

I'm a poet and I didn't know it. I believe this is cabin fever talking, hurry up Springtime.

Lynam55
02-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Who won the Toyo tires?
Plaques or prizes from last year's regionals have been handed out?
BFG was also apparently a contingency sponsor last year. Did they hand anything out?
I remember TLMC as a club handing out some prizes, my gut as evidence. I don't remember any other clubs offering anything extra to regional competitors and I only remember Barry raffling a couple things at the last TLMC regional. I am ass, just ask Steven, so I am only making this post above as a point of reference.

As for the schedule...
I have autoxed for a year or two, last year being my first regional season. I had a blast and loved the camaraderie especially at the double headers. I would say maintain a minimum of two double header weekends and if you get more, then great! They were the best part of last season.

D.

You might be an ass, but at lease your keeping it real! It would be nice too see who won what last year.

Daniel
02-02-2017, 02:16 PM
It would be nice too see who won what last year.

Can't remember who took first overall, but I do remember that Steve Hansen took second.

:p

Lynam55
02-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Can't remember who took first overall, but I do remember that Steve Hansen took second.

:p

He also won 1st in street.

Daniel
02-02-2017, 03:08 PM
He also won 1st in street.

http://www.skippypodar.net/WebGallery/Skip-MrGnvl2003/2003-midwght-overall-trophy.jpg

:)

Red5OH
02-02-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm hoping to do a full regional series this year and I agree that the camaraderie is what keeps me coming back, and of course the racing.
My kids are getting to an age where they will come with me and as soon as they are old enough they will be racing too, if they want. My point is, new generations are what will build this sport, so get the kids out there. Show them that racing is fun, get them off the phones and chasing cones.
I'm starting a t-shirt campaign "get them off the phones, chase some cones". Autocross for life...

I'm a poet and I didn't know it. I believe this is cabin fever talking, hurry up Springtime.

Which is why we invite Durham College automotive students to participate in OMSC autoslaloms and are inviting Formula SAE programs to our First Autoslalom Test & Tune on April 15th, that we hope all Regional Participants take advantage of. We will be promoting Regional Autoslalom Participation there as well.

And also why I did this within an hour of my son's birth this past September...

rustysteel
02-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Which is why we invite Durham College automotive students to participate in OMSC autoslaloms and are inviting Formula SAE programs to our First Autoslalom Test & Tune on April 15th, that we hope all Regional Participants take advantage of. We will be promoting Regional Autoslalom Participation there as well.

And also why I did this within an hour of my son's birth this past September...

Congrats! and Of Course.