PDA

View Full Version : Racer Meeting

Shark
01-29-2017, 10:18 AM
We have scheduled a meeting for all Closed Wheel Sprint and GT Challenge competitors. You are all invited to, and encouraged to, participate in a new season of racing. I am pleased to announce an open forum meeting with this seasons information on entry fees, event calendar and more. Any issues you would like to discuss... here is the opportunity. The location of the meeting has been provided by Joe Chan of Paragon Competition, a dedicated racing supporter and racer himself. The date is Sat. March 4 , 11.00 am start time. Looking forward to having a great productive meeting. See you all there. The address is 1681 Langstaff Rd. #12 Concord ON.
Cheers
Peter Carpenko Closed Wheel Representitive CASC.

TerryF
02-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Would love to be there Ray, however am in the sunny South in shorts and sandals until mid-April. Please keep notes or better still publish 'minutes' for those unable to make it. Great idea by the way.

Daria91
02-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Ali and I will be there
Daria

DavidSim
02-27-2017, 05:53 PM
Sounds good to me, see you there.

metric1
02-28-2017, 03:57 PM
As I won't be at the meeting, perhaps this might be something for discussion.

Will the restriction for in car timing apply to GT Challenge? While I understand that it still applies in the sprint format, the reality is that in endurance racing, timing is more of a pace setting tool than a sandbagging cheat. All CTCC cars and most GT Challenge and anything with a non factory display have laptime capability. Almost all are built in systems now that cannot be disabled. Will every car with an Aim or Motec display automatically be disqualified?

I guess my question is: If there were to be some oversight on car classification for GT Challenge, could the restriction on lap timers be lifted?

Doug Allingham
03-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Ray

I plan to be in attendance on Saturday.

Doug

HowardCohen
03-04-2017, 05:33 PM
The meeting was very well attended and we should all thank Ted and Paragon for organizing and hosting the meeting. Several topics were discussed with some good suggestions.

Who was there? They were :)

DEK
03-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Ian Madden, please send me your Email address in a "PM"
Thanks,
DAVE KING

Shark
03-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks to everyone for coming out to the meeting. It was very well attended.
And of course, thanks to Joe Chan at Paragon for hosting.

metric1
03-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Dave, PM sent.

Doug P
03-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Will presentation be posted?

observer
03-06-2017, 10:27 PM
You might have already received this as an email, but for those that did not, it was posted to the main web site:
http://www.casc.on.ca/road-racing/2017-road-racing-pre-season-drivers-meeting-report

-r.