PDA

View Full Version : Automatic transmission ?

Nick Majors
03-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Does anyone run Time Attack / Solo Sprint with an automatic transmission?

I've seen a few people over the years and wondering if it still happens.

Being without a racecar or track car for the past couple of years - I really miss the g-force and am considering an event or two this year - just for the heck of it - with a daily driver elantra - maybe throw some track tires and brake pads onto it.

Nick (still here after all these years) :D
==========

GT42RR
03-09-2017, 11:15 AM

Being without a racecar or track car for the past couple of years - I really miss the g-force and am considering an event or two this year - just for the heck of it - with a daily driver elantra - maybe throw some track tires and brake pads onto it.

==========

Hi Nick,

Im sure the Four Star Motorsports Kia was a automatic, so you won't be the only one. I have the OTA championship trophy at the moment and it was a time warp to see the Actionfront logo.

Come back racing!!

DavidSim
03-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Just go for it, automatic or not, have some fun.

Do it !!!

dubya_rx
03-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Sure!

Definitely some DSG or PDK transmissions.

nowcritical
03-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Nick,

Good to see you back! I have run my car with the Automatic for the last couple of years. It works very well.
I have run in in full auto and also used the paddles to shift. In full auto it seems fater. You will need to learn some of the suttle ways that these things can be manipulated to give you the gear you need.

What are you thinking of bringing back to the track?

Chris Lawson
03-19-2017, 10:44 AM

==========