PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing Post

ellswrth
03-15-2017, 12:21 PM
We've moved an entire thread out of the forum, and then reposted the post that started it in the Racer To Racer For Sale section.

It's here (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=34051) if you're looking for it.

The post itself was fine, except it was in the wrong place. The rest of the discussion took a wrong turn.

Peace, out.

BusaPower
03-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Ok found it thanks.

Daniel
03-16-2017, 09:25 PM
While I'm not surprised and can (somewhat) understand why the thread was deleted, as a potential future CASC Racer (with almost 20 years of motorsport experience and a current participant in another race series), I'll be honest by saying I'm also a little disappointed. I can only hope that the content was not swept under the rug and therefore completely ignored.

RACE faces barriers, as do all forms of motorsport north of the border, no doubt about it, but it would be a real shame if something as simple and as silly as this continues. With other options around, each with their own benefits, it really does take something as simple as poor attitude shown on here (the front line) to solidify decisions. Quickly. Each side needs to be as open and inviting to the other as possible for both to survive. It's in EVERYONE'S BEST INTEREST and I find it very hard to believe that some still don't get that.

I'm assuming most saw the thread and that an explanation is not necessary.

If possible, I'd love for this to become a positive and constructive discussion. Any suggestions to help both sides survive, succeed and coexist? It can happen, I'm confident.

Quiksilver
03-24-2017, 12:32 PM
It's sad that racers forget that CASC is supposed to be about grassroots racing.

Everyone has different goals, budgets, time restraints, etc. Everyone starts somewhere, some are just happy to come out and have a fun day, others like ourselves are more competitive.

Every level or division of racing is a platform and stepping stone that you can progress into other divisions, if you choose to, as you work your way up through experience.

I have always loved motorsports, every aspect of it, at a young age. It started out on motorcycles for me, then transitioned to both bikes and cars. I've been involved in motorsports for over 20 years now with intentions to continue climbing into different divisions and forms of racing as I continue to participate in CASC.

I'm not sure if it's the current or new generation of racers mentality or forum trolls that are creating the divide; a culture of social media keyboard warriors and their negativity to constantly put others down to feel justified and better about themselves.

If WE want to continue to have an outlet and privilege to continue enjoying what we are ALL truly passionate about then we NEED to support each other, period.

The biggest harm that WE can do to one another is forgetting our roots...where we came from, what we overcame, and what we've accomplished to be where are now.

matbriand
03-27-2017, 10:10 PM
I agree, I like all forms of racing and do it for the fun of it. If its fun, I'm in.

There are drivers from all areas and different series that come out to play. We ran in an event last fall (October) at mosport that Daniel Morad, Russ Bond and Jesse Lazare were running in an EG civic against us.

Their team won our class (obviously) but this just goes to show that we shouldn't be cutting up other series but embracing the fact that racing is still out there and alive. Maybe by embracing the fact that people like the endurance style racing to cut costs a bit would help re-ignite CASC weekends.

I personally prefer endurance style events to sprints.

fastnx
03-28-2017, 10:51 AM
That's great because there are plenty of long races coming up in this year's GT challenge season:

3 HOURS AT
SPRING TROPHY (MAY 13),
INDIAN SUMMER (SEP16),
CELEBRATION (SEP30)

2 HOURS AT
PETER JACKSON TROPHY RACES (JULY8)
CANADIAN TOURING TROPHY RACES (JUL29)

1 HOUR AT TED POWELLRACES (AUG26)

matbriand
03-28-2017, 07:56 PM
That's great because there are plenty of long races coming up in this year's GT challenge season:

3 HOURS AT
SPRING TROPHY (MAY 13),
INDIAN SUMMER (SEP16),
CELEBRATION (SEP30)

2 HOURS AT
PETER JACKSON TROPHY RACES (JULY8)
CANADIAN TOURING TROPHY RACES (JUL29)

1 HOUR AT TED POWELLRACES (AUG26)

Oh awesome! I was hoping to make it out to the Ted Powell and the Touring trophy race. We'll see if things work out for me... I got my license a couple years in a row now but haven't had the chance to make it out to any races, timing just didn't work out. Did some OTA and other events but no CASC regional events. I have only done endurance races so far (double 7 bogie in the rain and double 8 mosport).

BusaPower
04-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Thank's for support guys.