PDA

View Full Version : Car Classifications Submissions for 2017

Dave Barker
03-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Guys, there are no significant rule changes for 2017 other than a few cars' handling indices but we would like all competitors using the OTA classification system to re submit their cars for 2017 even if everything is the same as 2016. Submissions are to be made to http://ccdb.casc.on.ca/default.aspx

Note that if you are running in the self declared RTC classes there is no need for a PIP schedule or submission.

Please make sure to include the manufacturer's name and description of the modifications as well as tire brand and model in your submission to the CCC. New for this year is that all we need is a picture of the scales when your car is being weighed on them if you are using the race weight option.

As usual, for all those who think that coilovers are just a change in springs, unless the shock units in the coilovers are stock (which is unlikely), coilovers are 6 sPIPs and not 4. (This is the commonest error in PIP submissions). Also if you have lowered the car significantly, the alignment PIP is likely applicable unless you know your car is within the stock OEM limits.

As usual we would like you to print 2 copies of your PIP schedule so that one is available in your possession or at least in your car if another competitor wants to see it.

We have 3 new members on the CCC which means we hope to be able to reply to your submissions in a timely manner but please only submit your PIP schedule when you are ready, i.e. not when you are messing around. John P has done the vast majority of the work in the past and we would like to make his life easier. Also we would ask that you only ask about classifying a car that you actually own or plan to own as the actual classification of a new car can incur some significant discussion so no, we do not know how your Pagani or Aventador will fit in the CCDB.

John P
03-31-2017, 11:51 AM
I will be at JRP Open House tomorrow to help with rules questions.

JohnP

Yellow Viggen
04-02-2017, 06:43 PM
My attempt to download my new PIP schedule gives the whole page of code starting with: Server Error in '/' Application.:(
No big deal since my schedule is unchanged. Just wondering.

wparsons
04-03-2017, 12:03 PM
My attempt to download my new PIP schedule gives the whole page of code starting with: Server Error in '/' Application.:(
No big deal since my schedule is unchanged. Just wondering.

I'll take a look at the issue... currently down with the flu and a toddler recovering from the flu. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be functional enough to fix it.

wparsons
04-11-2017, 02:10 PM
The issue should be resolved now. I've gone through a pile of testing and haven't run into issues. There was something happening on the reporting server that was causing the issue.